Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

Carr has a traverse process fracture in his back and won't play against Ravens in Oakland

25 posts in this topic

Changing the outcome from a certain loss to a likely loss... ;)

12 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Changing the outcome from a certain loss to a likely loss... ;)

LOL. "On any given Sunday..."

If Williams is still out Lynch will run for 120+ ........

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

If Williams is still out Lynch will run for 120+ ........

It wasn't the middle that was getting gashed -- it was the sweeps around both corners.

4 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

It wasn't the middle that was getting gashed -- it was the sweeps around both corners.

Yeah, I kept wondering why there were no LBs holding the edge.  Remember how well Jarrett Jonson did that back when?  

2 minutes ago, Struds said:

Yeah, I kept wondering why there were no LBs holding the edge.  Remember how well Jarrett Jonson did that back when?  

Sure do. I guess coordinators have been watching tape and figured out a real weak spot in the Ravens D. I'm sure it won't be the last time it happens either. This is going to be a long season.

EJ Manuel isn't Derrick Carr, but neither is he as bad as their option last year.  When Carr went down in the final game of the season, they were forced to go with an unproven rookie who made his first start in the playoffs against Houston.  At least Manuel has played, started, and won in the NFL.  He also adds a dimension that Carr really does not have in that he can run.  Still, facing Manuel is much more preferable than Carr.  

2 hours ago, cprenegade said:

EJ Manuel isn't Derrick Carr, but neither is he as bad as their option last year.  When Carr went down in the final game of the season, they were forced to go with an unproven rookie who made his first start in the playoffs against Houston.  At least Manuel has played, started, and won in the NFL.  He also adds a dimension that Carr really does not have in that he can run.  Still, facing Manuel is much more preferable than Carr.  

And how many times in the past have the Ravens made virtual nobody QBs look like HOFers? Way too often. So facing Manuel, while not nearly as formidable as Carr, is no cakewalk for this team. No team is a cakewalk for this team.

7 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

And how many times in the past have the Ravens made virtual nobody QBs look like HOFers? Way too often. So facing Manuel, while not nearly as formidable as Carr, is no cakewalk for this team. No team is a cakewalk for this team.

I agree.  No team is an automatic win right now for the Ravens.  I was reading the Bleacher report power rankings earlier and their summary on a Ravens team that they have now dropped to #23 echoed nearly word for word my own opinion now and before the season started.  The only thing they failed to mention was how bad the offensive line is, but then maybe they just assumed anyone who has ever watched a football game can see that.  

The Baltimore Ravens defense isn't as effective as it can possibly be because Brent Urban is on injured reserve and Brandon Williams is injured. That's two of the team's best defensive players. This is a major problem because Baltimore relies on its defense to win.

Is the Ravens defense still a top-tier unit? Yes, but there's only so long it can hold down the fort. The Ravens offense is atrocious, and it's costing the team games.

Joe Flacco is way too careless with the ball, and he had two interceptions against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Running back Alex Collins gave the offense a bit of a spark, but he also had a disastrous fumble. This is one of the worst offenses in football. When it makes mistakes and the defense isn't able to dominate, the Ravens can't win.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2731089-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-heading-into-week-5?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

4 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Williams ties up the inside guys so they don't get outside.

9 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Yeah, right.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I agree.  No team is an automatic win right now for the Ravens.  I was reading the Bleacher report power rankings earlier and their summary on a Ravens team that they have now dropped to #23 echoed nearly word for word my own opinion now and before the season started.  The only thing they failed to mention was how bad the offensive line is, but then maybe they just assumed anyone who has ever watched a football game can see that.  

I don't agree that the Ravens D is top-tier. And as you said, there's no mention whatsoever of the O-line. And there's no mention of the atrocious coaching. So honestly...color me unimpressed with that report.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

3 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Yeah, right.

You get inside push and the lineman cannot get to their assignment on the play. It blows up the play.

21 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

EJ Manuel never had much NFL success, but I imagine he'll find a way to carve up the Ravens defense. I imagine Dean Pees will be too afraid to blitz him. All week, John Harbaugh will talk like he's on par with Tom Brady. 

I am sure if Terrell Suggs were a Raider, he would have pushed for Manuel over Carr from day 1. I imagine Suggs will take this Sunday off like he has the past two.  He prefers to concentrate on his racial activism.

11 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

You get inside push and the lineman cannot get to their assignment on the play. It blows up the play.

I understand what you're saying. And sometimes he does, but I seriously doubt it would have impacted what we saw on Sunday significantly. But hey...let's not argue. We'll see what happens if/when he returns.

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

EJ Manuel never had much NFL success, but I imagine he'll find a way to carve up the Ravens defense. I imagine Dean Pees will be too afraid to blitz him. All week, John Harbaugh will talk like he's on par with Tom Brady. 

I am sure if Terrell Suggs were a Raider, he would have pushed for Manuel over Carr from day 1. I imagine Suggs will take this Sunday off like he has the past two.  He prefers to concentrate on his racial activism.

Ouch.

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I understand what you're saying. And sometimes he does, but I seriously doubt it would have impacted what we saw on Sunday significantly. But hey...let's not argue. We'll see what happens if/when he returns.

He does what Ngata used to. Pierce doesn't have experience yet.

21 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

He does what Ngata used to. Pierce doesn't have experience yet.

M'kay. We'll see.

Raiders, 21-16 (unfortunately), I hope I'm mistaken.   

2 hours ago, stevez51 said:

The only good thing I can see coming out of an extended absence for Williams is that maybe he'll be a lot more fresh towards the end of the season.  Last year, he was pretty much gassed by the time the final quarter arrived.  

52 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Ouch.

I call it like I see it. Suggs should shut up and play every week. Sometimes he gets caught up showing passive resistance towards Flacco. Now he wants to be an activist. I have no more love or respect for the guy.

1 hour ago, Manny said:

I call it like I see it. Suggs should shut up and play every week. Sometimes he gets caught up showing passive resistance towards Flacco. Now he wants to be an activist. I have no more love or respect for the guy.

I hear ya. No criticism. The truth hurts sometimes.

1 hour ago, jamesdean said:

The only good thing I can see coming out of an extended absence for Williams is that maybe he'll be a lot more fresh towards the end of the season.  Last year, he was pretty much gassed by the time the final quarter arrived.  

And don't forget. Maybe with all that rest and extra energy, they could somehow work him into the running game. That would be great.