themamba

themamba's MPSSAA 2017 Football Report

831 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

What you just did is the equivalent of showing up at the NAACP awards to tell people about the achievements Irish Americans. 

Not the time or place.

Nomad, we are dealing with an absolute idiot, here. Just read her posts. There is never anything of substance in them. The MIAA talk has turned into a absolute **** show. Everyone sucks, Gilman is great. Its nonsense.

3 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

What you just did is the equivalent of showing up at the NAACP awards to tell people about the achievements Irish Americans. 

Not the time or place.

Nomad, we are dealing with an absolute idiot, here. Just read her posts. There is never anything of substance in them. The MIAA talk has turned into a absolute **** show. Everyone sucks, Gilman is great. Its nonsense.

13 minutes ago, themamba said:

For the record, Lewis has thrown for 1,400 more yards than anyone the MIAA has ever produced. smh

Who mentioned the MIAA? Maybe all those posters were right about your reading comprehension.

Edited by Impartialfan

13 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Whats mind boggling is this thread went 28 pages without a mention of the MIAA until that guy comes in....

Read my post...I never mentioned the MIAA...that's you and Momma Boy's hang up.

2 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Who mentioned the MIAA? Maybe all those posters were right about your reading comprehension.

I did. 

3 minutes ago, themamba said:

I did. 

Well if you think I'm an MIAA guy you're wrong again...as usual.

LOL! To think, this handle gets upset when a local kid gets recognized as the MPSSAA's all-time passing yardage leader, spelled out. These handles have ruined this board. Led by a self-acclaimed daytime drunk.

Just now, Impartialfan said:

Well if you think I'm an MIAA guy you're wrong again...as usual.

I couldn't care any less where you want to be from. You are a clown.

13 minutes ago, themamba said:

I like the "her"...coming from someone who is confused about their own sexuality (according to your profile you don't know if you're male or female...let's ask the Vamp...I bet he knows). :D

8 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

I like the "her"...coming from someone who is confused about their own sexuality (according to your profile you don't know if you're male or female...let's ask the Vamp...I bet he knows). :D

Thats hilarious.

Edited by themamba

21 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Sucks when your narrative is not exactly what you want it to be.:D

No it sucks when people cant stay on topic.  Thread title says "MPSSAA 2017 Football Report", why on earth would you bring up a non MPSSAA player?

32 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

No it sucks when people cant stay on topic.  Thread title says "MPSSAA 2017 Football Report", why on earth would you bring up a non MPSSAA player?

Jealous of a high school kid that broke the MPSSAA passing yardage mark. Chimed in to make an absolute fool of him or herself. You cant make this **** up.

Edited by themamba

I do want to say thank you to all that have contributed to this thread. Almost all oldtimers on here. Not only that, people that actually go to games. Thankfully, the baseless gossip and nonsense is left for the private threads. Thanks to

nomad974

ShoNuff07

DW

meth007

B-BALL IN MOTION

85Knight

The Guru

scoutbmore

Oldtime

Hambonepeck

Maryland Mountaineer

bleedingorangeandblack

HY 313

city40blast

GDEF

Rob A

Standeeman

MCsoccerplex

DontDrinkTheKoolaid

FBCoach

hsFBfan

NPNation

and all the others that have contributed. Its a breath of fresh air not having to deal with the bull**** and neverending negativity that dominates the private threads. And more importantly, talking to people that actually go to games. In fact, thats where I've met a handful of you. Thanks, you all make it worth the while.

4 minutes ago, themamba said:

I do want to say thank you to all that have contributed to this thread. Almost all oldtimers on here. Not only that, people that actually go to games. Thankfully, the baseless gossip and nonsense is left for the private threads. Thanks to

nomad974

ShoNuff07

DW

meth007

B-BALL IN MOTION

85Knight

The Guru

scoutbmore

Oldtime

Hambonepeck

Maryland Mountaineer

bleedingorangeandblack

HY 313

city40blast

GDEF

Rob A

Standeeman

MCsoccerplex

DontDrinkTheKoolaid

FBCoach

hsFBfan

NPNation

and all the others that have contributed. Its a breath of fresh air not having to deal with the bull**** and neverending negativity that dominates the private threads. And more importantly, talking to people that actually go to games. In fact, thats where I've met a handful of you. Thanks, you all make it worth the while.

Can I get a hanky?

Tough day. You've become the laughingstock of the board. Jealous of a high school kid. LOL! Now, stay here and wait on the edge of your seat for my next post. And yes, I should thank you for all the attention you devote to me. Gracías!

I have no idea what a hanky is, so no.

8 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Can I get a hanky?

Your mother told me she washed your sock so you shouldn't need to borrow his hanky 

2 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Nice...lol...you guys seem upset...lmao.

Uh, no. You are upset that Lewis got recognized by me (and me only, according to his Dad) as being the MPSSAA all-time passing yardage leader. You brought up something, accompanied by some copy and paste, that had as much to do with his MPSSAA record as Girls Bowling in Utah does. Nothing. Grow up, get to a game, and one day someone may look at you as something other than a handle that gets really bothered by kids getting recognized for their accomplishments. As I said, you are a clown.

WR Daniel George (Oxon Hill) 6'2 205 SR - George, the future Nittany Lion, added to his litany of accolades, after being selected to both 1st team All-State and 1st team All-Met teams for a second year in a row.

George ranked 4th in the MPSSAA in receptions and 9th in yardage, with 61 receptions, 897 yards, and 10 receiving touchdowns. George added 40 tackles and 5 INT, in addition to 2 rushing touchdowns, a kickoff return for a score, a punt return for a score, and a interception return for a score.

In the state semifinal loss to Linganore, George scored two touchdowns and had 8 receptions for167 yards. In a playoff win over Chopticon, George had 7 receptions for 102 yards and 2 TDs. In a win over DuVal, George rushed 10 times for 121 yards and 2 scores, and added a touchdown reception.

George finished his Clippers career with 39 touchdowns, 2959 total yards, 113 receptions, and 9 interceptions.

Edited by themamba

46 minutes ago, themamba said:

Uh, no. You are upset that Lewis got recognized by me (and me only, according to his Dad) as being the MPSSAA all-time passing yardage leader. You brought up something, accompanied by some copy and paste, that had as much to do with his MPSSAA record as Girls Bowling in Utah does. Nothing. Grow up, get to a game, and one day someone may look at you as something other than a handle that gets really bothered by kids getting recognized for their accomplishments. As I said, you are a clown.

Take a pill...I think Bully and BS77 got to you...go back to writing your Tolstoy version of the greatly anticipated MPSSAA Report...it'll make you feel important again.

WR Ethon Williams (Broadneck) 6'0 190 JR - Williams topped 50 receptions and 10 receiving touchdowns for a second year in a row, and has another season to go. With 61 receptions, 1,000 yards, and 11 TDs, Williams would finish in the top 3 in all 3 categories in MPSSAA history.

Williams finished the season with 66 receptions, 1,123 yards, and 17 touchdowns, plenty more than he needs next season for the top 3 trifecta. Williams finished 3rd in receptions, 4th in yards, and tied for 1st in touchdown receptions. Williams added a rushing touchdown and a kick return for a score.

Williams had 9 receptions for 105 yards in a win over Old Mill. Versus Arundel, Williams had 9 receptions for 163 yards and 2 scores, and versus Severna Park, had 9 receptions for 168 yards and a a score.

Following this season, his junior season, Williams has 130 receptions for 2,230 yards and 31 TDs, 33 overall. Williams holds a West Virginia offer, with plenty more offers to come.

Edited by themamba

WR Tyrese Chambers (Poly) 6'1 185 SR - Chambers was selected to both the USA Today All-State 1st team and the Baltimore Sun All-Met 1st team. Chambers finished tied for most in the MPSSAA in receiving TDs, 3rd in receiving yards, and 9th in receptions.

Chambers had 51 receptions for 1,175 yards, with 17 touchdown receptions. His 23 yards per reception ranked 3rd in the MPSSAA (min. 25 receptions).

Against state champ Dunbar, Chambers had 7 receptions for 134 yards and 2 TDs. In their 'Homecoming' game versus their arch rival City College, Chambers had 7 receptions for 159 yards and 2 receiving touchdowns, and added a 68 yard punt return he brought to the house.

In a 32-30 win over Tuscarora, Chambers had 9 receptions for 214 yards and 4 TDs. Versus Patterson, Chambers had 6 receptions for 115 yards and 3 TDs. Versus Mervo, the Crab Bowl honoree had 5 receptions for 145 yards and 2 TDs.

POY Karson Robinette (Allegany) 6'0 192 SR - Robinette led all MPSSAA running backs in rushing yards, with 2,076, while finishing among the top 10 in tackles for loss, with 31, at linebacker. Robinette would rate All-State at both the running back and linebacker positions.

Robinette led the Campers in handing state champion Dunbar Poets its only loss of the season in week 1, rushing for 234 yards and 2 TDs, on 28 carries. In two losses to Fort Hill this season, Robinette rushed for 331 yards and 4 TDs, on 47 carries. In his three toughest games, Robinette ran for 563 yards (187.7 per) and 6 touchdowns.

On the season, Robinette rushed for 2,076 yards and a state-leading 34 touchdowns, on 228 carries (9.1 ypa), while adding 12 sacks to his 31 TFL, and adding an interception return for a touchdown, a blocked kick, and forced 2 fumbles.

In addition to the pair of Fort Hill games and the Dunbar game, Robinette rushed for 4 TDs, had 4 sacks, recovered a fumble and blocked a kick v West Virginia rival Keyser. The Campers needed every one of his 259 yards and 5 touchdowns as they had to fight from 16 down in the second half v Williamsport. Robinette rushed for 192 yards in the second half in the Campers 54-43 win.

Robinette, who was limited to 7 games last year due to injury, finished his Campers career with more than 300 tackles and 3,000 rushing yards. As a sophomore, he was voted All-Area 1st team as a linebacker, recording 168 tackles. In 7 games last year, he averaged 111 rushing yards per game. This year, he finished 2nd in the state in rushing yards per game, at 173 per game.

OPOY Doc Bonner (Quince Orchard) 6'0 195 SR - Quarterbacked the Cougars to two straight 4A state final games, after accounting for more than 3,000 yards and 42 TDs this season.

Bonner, a USA Today All-State 1st team selection, threw 119 completions on 184 attempts (64.7%), for 2,252 yards and 26 TDs, v just 2 INT. Bonner rushed for 789 yards on 94 carries (8.8 ypc), scoring 15 TDs. Also added a receiving touchdown, for good measure.

The 2017 MoCo MVP rushed for 165 yards on 13 carries, and threw for 118 yards and 2 TDs v Wise in the state title game. In a 42-41 loss to Bullis, where he came a forward progress call away from beating the Bulldogs in regulation, Bonner threw 19-26 for 324 yards, and rushed for 2 TDs. In the semifinal v North Point, Bonner accounted for 5 TDs.

In the Cougars two wins over arch rival Northwest, Bonner accounted for 6 TDs, rushing for 84 yards and two scores on 11 carries, while hitting on 7 of 9 passes and a score in the regular season meeting, and accounting for 223 yards and 3 TDs in the regional final win.

After a season where the Dartmouth commit finished 1st in the MPSSAA in completion percentage (64.7% - min. 150 attempts), and 7th in both passing yards and passing TDs, Bonner finished his illustrious Cougars career throwing for 5,070 yards and 55 touchdowns (v 8 INT), rushing for 34 touchdowns, and accounting for 6,942 yards and 90 TDs. Bonner won 33 games as the Cougars starting quarterback.

DPOY AJ Lytton (Wise) 5'11 170 - Lytton, the Florida State commit, was the best player on the best team, who contributed at a high level on all three units. In the big games, he had big games. In the end, Lytton left with three straight 4A state titles, only done once before, 36 years ago.

Lytton was named Washington Post Defensive Player of the Year, as well as to the USA Today All-State 1st team. Lytton was also named to the Maryland Football Writers All-State team as a junior.

Lytton had 3 interceptions, recorded 13 passes defended, registered 4 tackles for loss, and forced two fumbles, while returning both a punt and kickoff for touchdowns. On the offensive end, Lytton had 34 catches for 523 yards and 7 touchdowns. Lytton scored a total of 11 touchdowns on the season.

In the state championship game v Quince Orchard, Lytton scored on a 39 yard run, picked off an interception, and had 5 receptions. In the thrilling Pumas regular season victory over Wleanor Roosevelt, it was Lytton's 52 yard TD reception on 3rd and 13 with 1:52 to play that proved to be the game-winner. Lytton also scored in the Pumas 15-13 week 2 win over Calvert Hall.

Lytton finished his career with 2,738 all-purpose yards, scoring 30 touchdowns, with 85 receptions and 10 interceptions. He played in 5 games as a freshman. As a starter, over the last 3 years, Lytton went 41-0 (missed a game in '16), with 3 state titles to show.

QB Jared Lewis (Dunbar) 6'3 225 SR - Lewis led the Poets to their 10th state title, its first in 5 years, after finishing in the top 5 in the MPSSAA this season in completions, yardage, completion percentage, and touchdowns.  

Lewis, who was named to the USA Today All-State 2nd team, as well as the Baltimore Sun All-Met 2nd team (both behind SFA's Jones), threw 167-259 for 3,285 yards, with 30 TDs and 6 INT. The 167 completions ranked 5th in the MPSSAA, his 3,285 yards ranked 2nd, and his 30 TDs ranked 4th.

Lewis threw for 305 yards and 2 TDs, and added 2 rushing TDs, in their opening week loss to Allegany, before ripping off 12 straight wins. Versus Patterson, Lewis threw 17-25 for 365 yards and 3 TDs. Versus Poly, 16-24 for 361 yards and 2 TDs. In the semi, v Havre de Grace, Lewis threw for 331 yards and 3 TDs, followed up by 252 yards and 3 TDs on in the state title win.

Lewis finished up his phenomenal season, capping off a phenomenal 3-year career that saw him break the all-time MPSSAA career passing yardage mark, with 7,649 yards, passing Arundel's Billy Cosh's mark of 7,433, in the title game. Lewis 431 completions rank 5th all-time. His 63.0% completion percentage (min. 200 attempts) ties for 5th all-time, and his 66 passing touchdowns rank 7th all-time.