themamba

themamba's MPSSAA Top 50

95 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, meth007 said:

Pound for pound after reading.. Best ranking I've read

Thanks, Meth. I appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, themamba said:

......with City/Poly, .....

Oh Hell, you done gone and perhaps got 40B all anxious again mentioning City/Poly after we got him all settled down!!!  :huh:

Edited by DayWalker

Had to go back to this, D. It should be duly noted that there is just 1 Mill in this state. Hell, in this country, for real. Its located in East Columbia, on Kilimanjaro. Homecoming, this weekend. You're welcomed to join. Unfortunately, no lime shoes on tap. Or bottles.

As for Milford, can we go with the Milfs? 

Speaking of the Milfs, I ever tell you about my last game ever. A year after losing in the state final my junior year to JM Bennett (13-7) at Byrd, we went 10-0 in the regular season and advanced to the state semifinals setting up a matchup with,,, you guessed it, the Milfs and Brian Jordan (Braves, Falcons). We fumble the 2nd half kickoff inside the 10. Jordan scores 3 plays later for the last score, and game-winning score. Talk about 'sucks'. Last one always sticks with you. 

Junior year, state semis at home, one of the wildest scenes ever on Kilimanjaro. The Campers from Allegany come into town, with campers and some more ****. Over a dozen busloads, plus personal vehicles. Filled their stands by Noon for the 1 o'clock kick. 5 years earlier we went to Allegany for a state semifinal. We knew the passion their faithful had for their football team was off the rails, but to see the bleachers to the east filled while marching down to walk-thru was kind of amazing.

Edited by themamba

23 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Oh Hell, you done gone and perhaps got 40B all anxious again mentioning City/Poly after we got him all settled down!!!  :huh:

Oh yea, my fault.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:20 PM, themamba said:

41.) Atholton (4-1)

42.) Seneca Valley (3-2)

43. Long Reach (4-1)

44.) Meade (4-1)

45.) DuVal (4-1)

46.) Arundel (3-2)

47.) Tuscarora (3-2)

48.) Perry Hall (3-2)

49.) Elkton (5-0)

50.) Wooton (3-2)

Next 10; Stone (3-2), Potomac (2-3), Liberty (4-1), Mervo (3-2), Dundalk (3-2), Parkville (3-2), LaPlata (3-2), Springbrook (3-2), CM Wright (4-1), Poly (3-2)

Mamba, 

This is better than the Sun or the Post. I couldn't get an accurate detailed report like this at Work if I tried every suck up move I had including bringing breakfast and those guys are paid. QO is a great place to watch a Friday night game. They honored the 2007 State Championship team a few weeks back. Keep them coming. 

16.) Gwynn Park (4-1) - Coming off of a tough 14-7 loss to #9 Flowers,  the Yellowjackets stung Friendly in a not so friendly fashion, 43-14, as Kamari Brown threw 9-13 for 190 yards and 3 TDs, and Ryan Clemons ran for 100 yards and a TD on 6 carries.

The Jackets still have Douglass and Suitland, but are eying a 1 seed and a potential regional final with Edmondson.

17.) Northern (6-0) - The Patriots thumped St Charles, 35-6, as Reese Crounse threw 4 touchdowns and for 277 yards, while do-a-little-of-everything Xavier Harris ran for 94 yards and had 85 recieving yards and a TD.  Crounse first 3 passes in the 2nd half went for TDs.

The Pats look to have an edge for the 1 seed over Chopticon, who they beat 36-33. Both have to face a date with #5 North Point to clear any smoke about who is the best in the SMAC. The Pats host the Eagles in Owings on the 27th, while Chipticon goes to the Eagles Nest in Waldorf for the regular season finale.

18.) Chopticon (5-1). - The Braves scored 34 unanswered points and pounded Leonardtown, 49-16, as AJ Hunt threw for 3 TDs, and ran for a 71 yard score. 

19.) Suitland (6-0) - The Rams beat then #18 Douglass, 21-8, as Anthony Squires continued his ground game dominance, rushing for 258 yards on 37 carries, scoring 2 touchdowns. Squires, on the season, has 1,116 rushing yards on 139 carries, scoring 11 TDs on the ground. Squires has ran for 175+ yards in 5 of 6 games.

The Rams will face a test 10 days from now, when they go to meet #9 Flowers. They finish out hosting #16 Gwynn Park.

20.) River Hill (6-0)  - Don't look now but River Hill is 6-0, again, after a brief reprieve, which followed a gazillion 6 and oh's. The Hawks followed up their rout of Long Reach with a 49-7 pummeling of Mt Hebron. The Hawks returned a pair of pick 6's, and Luke Champion and Brendan McKenna led the way, offensively.

No Howard this year for the Hawks, in one of those unfortunate years that the two best in the county won't play because of 11 league opponents (10 this year) and 10 league games. We can thank my nephews and nieces school, Centennial, for this atrocity.

Edited by themamba

1 hour ago, 58Colts said:

Mamba, 

This is better than the Sun or the Post. I couldn't get an accurate detailed report like this at Work if I tried every suck up move I had including bringing breakfast and those guys are paid. QO is a great place to watch a Friday night game. They honored the 2007 State Championship team a few weeks back. Keep them coming. 

Thanks a lot, 58.

Two fell out of the top 20 -  Former #18 Douglass lost fellow top 25 Suitland, 21-8, and falls to #28, and former #12 Linganore lost to fellow top 25 Oakdale, 28-9, and falls to #26.

#'s 11-20 playing a top 50 teams this week.

#39 Richard Montgomery @ #12 Northwest - Rockets knocked out the Jaguars in the first round of the playoffs last year.

#30 Kent Island @ #13 Oakdale - Bucs and Bears, oh my!

#46 Lackey @ #18 Chopticon - Lackey is a strong #46, with the talents of quarterback 'Boogie' Middleton. 

Edited by themamba

11 minutes ago, themamba said:

#46 Lackey @ #18 Chopticon - Lackey is a strong #46, with the talents of quarterback 'Boogie' Middleton.

Thanks to OBC who had me to seek Lackey videos, they are a much stronger team than #46 I understand may be due to losing last week to La Plata.  But in watching that game video, Lackey just could do nothing right offensively like snapping the ball over Boogie Middleton's head numerous times, some consecutively in series.  Lackey should have just gone directly under center for that game because Lackey is just the stronger more athletic team.

The game between Lackey and Chopticon is going to reveal a lot about both teams.  This is the start of the more difficult part of Lackey's back loaded schedule.

57 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Thanks to OBC who had me to seek Lackey videos, they are a much stronger team than #46 I understand may be due to losing last week to La Plata.  But in watching that game video, Lackey just could do nothing right offensively like snapping the ball over Boogie Middleton's head numerous times, some consecutively in series.  Lackey should have just gone directly under center for that game because Lackey is just the stronger more athletic team.

The game between Lackey and Chopticon is going to reveal a lot about both teams.  This is the start of the more difficult part of Lackey's back loaded schedule.

I agree, and that was the reason I noted it, D. I had them at #27 last week, mainly for the reason you stated, their schedule is backloaded, with Chopticon, Stone, and Westlake still on the docket. 'Boogie' can boogie.

We can both agree that these rankings amount to nothing, outside of discussion, and more importantly to me, providing intel to anyone interested that I feel compelling as the playoff push goes through October until title time.

Of the other 6 top teams in the SMAC, the Chargers don't play North Point or Northern, they lost to LaPlata, and still have the other three to play. As you said, this game should reveal a good amount about Lackey, and yet another test for Chopticon, who lost a 3 point game to Northern, and won a 3 point game over Oxon Hill.

Edited by themamba

And don't forget Chopticon will face North Point in week 10 just before the playoffs i think.....  The public playoffs tension is building building building......

Yes, I did note that above. A week before that, North Point @ Northern. Always been a SMAC fan. I've learned more about the key players and gained more insight on the SMAC working with a guy that played at Huntingtown, a team that beat River Hill in the middle of their heyday.

Edited by themamba

But wasn't it Huntingtown who put an end to River Hill's run in The Mud Bowl game.....  Oh the memories!!!

11 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

But wasn't it Huntingtown who put an end to River Hill's run in The Mud Bowl game.....  Oh the memories!!!

It was, and that was the team he played on, a year after Camp, Malek, LeRon and Co. graduated. 10-7 Huntingtown. The Mud Bowl. The guy said he and his teammates overheard BVD say something to the effect of "Lets beat these guys and get out of this dump" in the parking lot or something, before the game. He'd kill me for reversing that result.

Edited by themamba

21.) Blake (5-1) - The Bengals blew out Northwood, 55-0, as Greg Chamberlain ran for 3 touchdowns and 209 yards, on 9 carries. Isaac Smith ran for 105 yards and 2 TDs on 6 carries, and also had a 70 yard punt return for a touchdown.

22.) Allegany (5-1) - The Campers busted up Boonsboro, 48-13, as Karson Robinette rushed for 4 TDs, including 3 in the 2nd quarter. Elisha Llewellyn added 2 scores.

23.) Dunbar (4-1) - The Poets broke open a 1 possession game with a 43 yard Jared Lewis touchdown pass on the last play of the first half to give them an 18-6 lead. Lewis threw for 361 yards. Lewis is 65-99 for 1,187 yards, with 11 TDs and 2 INT, in 5 games.

24.) Middletown (5-1) - The Knights knocked off Urbana, 48-21. Reese Poffenbarger threw 12-16 for 158 yards.

25.) Westlake (5-1) - The Wolverines won their 4th straight, grinding Great Mills, 45-8. 

26.) Linganore (4-2) - The Lancers lost their second straight, losing to #13 Oakdale, 28-9, a week after losing to Walkersville. Davon Butler did rush for 119 yards on 22 carries, scoring their only touchdown.

27.) Douglass (5-1) - The Eagles lost to #20 Suitland, 21-8, giving up 342 yards to the Rams. Still, the Eagles defense and special teams have scored more TDs than they've allowed - 6-4. 

28.) Westminster (5-1) - The Owls smashed Century, 33-6. Quarterback Christian Etchison ran for 2 TDs and passed for one. The Owls face their toughest league game this week, at Liberty.

29.) Edmondson (5-1) - The Red Storm beat Douglass B 20-6. The Red Storm close the regular season at Dunbar and hosting Mervo.

30.) Kent Island (6-0) - The Buccaneers head west this week, after whacking Wicomico, 49-8, and go see the #13 Bears of Oakdale.

31.) Milford Mill (5-1) - The Millers head into their showdown with Franklin coming off of a 47-0 shutout of Kenwood. The Millers have lost 7 straight to the Indians.

32.) Paint Branch (5-1) - The Panthers took their first loss of the season, getting routed by #4 Quince Orchard, 45-8. The Panthers still go on the road to take on a pair of top 25 teams, Sherwood and Blake.

33.) Potomac (3-3) - The Wolverines knocked off then #19 Oxon Hill, 17-14. It was the 4th of 6 games for the Wolverines playing teams ranked among the top 33 teams in the MPSSAA, with #1 Wise and #11 Eleanor Roosevelt on tap.

34.) Oxon Hill (4-2) - The Clippers, coming off a 3 point loss to Potomac, and fell from a projected 1 seed to a projected 3 seed. They go to see the #1 Pumas this week.

35.) LaPlata (4-2) - The Warriors ruined Lackey's Homecoming, 26-14, as Jordan Sinclair threw for 2 TDs and ran for one. This week, the Warriors visit Thomas Stone on their Homecoming.

Edited by themamba

36.) Havre De Grace (6-0) - The Warriors shot down the Golden Elks of Elkton, 39-14, after breaking open a 14-7 halftime score. The back-to-back 1A runner-up is again looking at a probable undefeated regular season and a 1 seed.

37.) Atholton (5-1) - A-Town is looking to make its first playoff appearance since Kyle Schmitt took his talents to Spalding following the 2012 season. Schmitt took the Raiders to the post-season in each of his 4 years, after they qualified just 3 times in the 35 years prior.

Coach Justin Carey's Raiders defense has allowed just 7.5 points per game, 11th best among the 130+ non-1A teams. 

38.) Richard Montgomery (4-2) - The Rockets beat Whitman, 28-14, as Spencer Silverstein threw for a TD, and ran for a TD. The Rockets travel to see #12 Northwest, who they eliminated from the playoffs last year in the first round, 28-13.

39.) Harford Tech (6-0) - The Cobras have outscored their opponents, 228-16, giving up just 2 touchdowns all season. The Cobras are looking for their first playoff berth in school history, as well as their first 10-0 regular season.

40.) Old Mill (4-2) - The Patriots lost to #10 Broadneck, 55-28, ending their 4 game winning streak. Road games at Arundel and South River stand in the Patriots march toward its 19th straight playoff appearance, the 2nd best current streak in Maryland, one behind Damascus.

Edited by themamba

Mamba...man your analysis are on point as it is very clear that you do your homework to provide factual and detailed reporting.  Great stuff man. Keep it rolling.🙌🏾

11 minutes ago, B-BALL IN MOTION said:

Mamba...man your analysis are on point as it is very clear that you do your homework to provide factual and detailed reporting.  Great stuff man. Keep it rolling.🙌🏾

Thanks again, Bball. 

41.) Lackey (5-1) - The Chargers turnovers marred their season opening 5 game winning streak, falling in their Homecoming, 26-14, to LaPlata. The Chargers came into the game having allowed just 9 points in their first 5 games.

42.) Meade (5-1) - The Mustangs trumped Southern, 37-14, as Alijah Mateen threw for 2 passing touchdowns, and ran for one.

43.) Long Reach (4-2) - The Lightning also suffered a Homecoming loss, to their arch rival, #6 Howard, 20-6. 

44.) Arundel (4-2) - The Wildcats scratched North County, 40-12, as Ryan Sedgwick threw for 3 touchdowns, and ran for one.

45.) Wooton (4-2) - The Patriots beat Springbrook, 28-14. The Pats average 35.5 points per game. The Pats are fighting for their first playoff appearance since 2008.

46.) Perry Hall (4-2) - The Gators smashed Dulaney, 55-14. The Gators rank 8th overall in the MPSSAA in scoring, tallying 45 points per game.

47.) Thomas Stone (4-2) - The Cougars were victorious over Calvert, 27-7. The Cougars have a pair of 1 posession losses to #18 Chopticon, and #25 Westlake. The Cougars host LaPlata for their Homecoming this weekend, who just knocked off Lackey on their Homecoming.

48.) Glenelg (4-2) - The Gladiators, still without star running back Wande Owens, lost to Atholton on the Raiders Homecoming, 14-0. The Gladiators are fighting with LaPlata and Thomas Stone, who play each other this weekend, for the 3 and 4 seeds in the 2A South.

49.) Liberty (5-1) - The Lions routed South Carroll, 42 -0, as 4-year player Noah Rohrer ran for 3 TDs, caught 2 passes for 44 yards, returned a punt for 31 yards, and a kickoff 65 yards.

50.) Mervo (4-2) - The Mustangs slammed Patterson, 41-6. The 'Stangs close out the season at Edmondson.

Top 64, top 1/3 in the MPSSAA; Elkton (5-1), South River (4-2), CM Wright (5-1), Edgewood (3-3), Parkville (4-2), Williamsport (4-2), Einstein (4-2), DuVal (4-2), Blair (3-3), JM Bennett (5-1), Churchill (3-3), Springbrook (3-3), Marriotts Ridge (2-3)

Week 6

1.) Wise (6-0) - The Pumas continue to prowl through PG, blasting Bowie, 75-0. Quinton Williams threw 9 completions (9-11-216), 5 for touchdowns. Williams has 15 TDs, 1 INT on the season.

The Pumas had 7 different players score 10 TDs. The Pumas D, who hasn't allowed a point in 5 of their 6 games, recorded 7 sacks, 13 tackles for loss, including a safety. AJ Lytton (Florida St) returned a kickoff for a score.

2.) Damascus (6-0) - The Swarmin' Hornets stung Clarksburg, 42-0, for its 3rd shutout. Gage Dickens scored a pair of TDs, as did Ayo Barajaiye.

Damascus doesn't seem to face a test until a probable regional final matchup with #3 Walkersville. Only two-tenths of a point separate the projected finish for home field advantage, advantage Damascus, 12.2-12.0.

3.) Walkersville (6-0) - The Lions smoked Silver Oak, 61-6, hitting their average point differential of +55.3. Ty Littleton and Jacob Wetzel each scored a pair of TDs, and Tyler Gleason ran 5 times for 106 yards, scoring on 3 of the 5 runs.

The Lions, who have outscored their opponents, 354-22, face their biggest test of the regular season on 10/27, when they face the #13 Oakdale Bears, who just recorded an impressive 28-9 victory over then #12 Linganore.

4.) Quince Orchard (5-1) - The Cougars pounded then top 25 Paint Branch, 45-8. Doc Bonner threw 5 completions on 7 attempts for 110 yards and 2 scores, and ran 8 times for 75 yards and a score. Sophomore Marquez Cooper had 13 carries for 103 yards and 2 scores.

5.) North Point (6-0) - The Eagles knocked off Huntingtown, 19-7, in their closest win of the season. The Eagles have allowed only 7.3 points per game this season, 14th best in the MPSSAA. Despite a potential undefeated regular season, there is a very good chance that the Eagles finish as a 2 seed, should Broadneck win out. 

6.)  Howard (6-0) - The Lions won their 39th of 40 v HoCo competition, shutting down their arch rivals on the road, for their Homecoming, to boot. Devin Dawkins ran for 107 yards and a score, and their special teams recovered a bad snap in the end zone, and also blicked a punt.

The Lions will likely need a Paint Branch upset over Sherwood to snag a,1 seed.

7.) Franklin (5-1) - The Indians blew out the Catonsville Comets, 52-7, and have outscored their 4 MPSSAA opponents, 154-9, giving up 1TD in 4 games. Larry Smith threw 5 for 6 for 135 yards and 3 TDs.

The Indians go to Milford Mill this week, a year removed from a 24-20 Indians victory over the Millers in the regular season, and a 28-7 victory in the playoffs.

8.) Fort Hill (6-0) - The Sentinels are just taking names at this point, and now, from 3 different states, as they ran through Serra Catholic PA, 56-6. The Sentinels ran for 309 yards, as Breyden Poling had 2 TDs, Troy Banks had 1, and Ryan Hipp hit all 8 XPs.

This week, the Sentinels will attempt to make it a quartet of states conquered, as they play host to Melbourne Central Catholic FL. The Hustlers finished as a 3A semifinalist in Florida in '16.

9.) Flowers (6-0) - The Jaguars shut out Largo, 27-0, and have moved up to the #11 ranking in the Washington Post. The Jags D has given up just 5 TDs in 6 games.

The Jags still have #20 Suitland, and go to Douglass, but should they win out and go undefeated in the regular season for the second time in school history ('06), they will likely be the 2 seed, with a showdown with likely PG4A co-champion and two-time defending state champion Wise in the regional final.

10.) Broadneck (6-0) - The Bruins did a bit of everything offensively against Old Mill, on the ground and through the air, putting the Patriots 32 game county win steak to an end, with an exclamation point.with a 55-28 win.

Shane Davis threw for 2 TDs and ran for 1, and Jason Carcamo ran for 2, all in the first half, as the Bruins put up 34 before intermission. Davis' final tallies included throwing for 277 yards and 2 TDs, and running for 3 TDs, while Carcamo finished with 127 yards on 15 carries.

11.) Eleanor Roosevelt (5-1) - The Raiders routed DuVal, 47-0, as quarterback Jaden Faulkner rushed for 3 TDs and threw for one, as Elisha McDonald also rushed for 3 TDs. The Raiders jumped out on the previously 1 loss Tigers, staking a 22-0 first quarter lead, before maintaining their 3rd shutout.

Faulkner has 636 yards on just 59 carries (10.8 ypc), rushing for 8 TDs, while throwing for 514 yards and 8 TDs on 23 completions. McDonald has 755 yards on 65 carries (11.6 ypc), scoring 10 TDs. On D, senior Donald Jackson has 8 sacks, and junior Solomon Douglas has 3 interceptions.

Showdown with #1 Wise, 10 days away.

12.) Northwest (5-1) - The Jaguars beat Churchill, 48-21. Chris Craddock threw for 201 yards and 4 TDs, and Juwon Farri had 151 total yards and 2 TDs.

Like so many times in the past, the regular season duel with Quince Orchard on 10/27 at the Cougar Dome will likely decide the #1 seed in their region, therefore claiming home field advantage.

13.) Oakdale (6-0) - The Bears shut down Linganore, 28-9, handing the Lancers their 2nd loss in as many weeks, following their drubbing from Walkersville. Collin Schlee threw 12-18 for 180 yards and 2 TDs, rushing for a score.

The Bears host an intriguing cross-state matchup with the undefeated Buccaneers of Kent Island this weekend.

14.) Sherwood (5-1) - The Warriors are coming off a 28-7 win over Blair, as quarterback Michael Mbony threw two projectiles for scores, and rushed for 96 yards on 22 carries. The Warriors had a pair of pick 6's on the Blazers, including one by Chris Webb, who also had a touchdown reception.

The Warriors have a trio of convincing victories over top 40ish to 50ish teams, in Richard Montgomery, Einstein, and Blair, and still face Paint Branch.

15.) North Caroline (6-0) - Last year, the Bulldogs came out victorious over Easton in a down home Bayside shootout, 49-48. This year, the Dawgs took the drama out of the matchup early, as David Bailey (Boston College) ran for 3 TDs, leading the way to a 42-3 win over the Warriors.

North Caroline has outscored its opponents, 280-28, with its defense allowing just 3 TDs.