Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

With $250,000 salary, Baltimore's Chief Information and Chief Digital Officer earns more than state's attorney, mayor, police chief, health commissioner

7 posts in this topic

Only the city schools CEO and the President and CEO of Visit Baltimore makes more than the Chief Information and Chief Digital Officer: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-it-director-pay-20170928-story.html

Baltimore's new information technology boss is being paid $250,000 a year — a bigger salary than the mayor, the police chief or the health commissioner — as he leads the city’s efforts to update its aging computer systems.

Frank Johnson, who holds the titles of chief information officer and chief digital officer, joined the city early last month after a long career at the technology giant Intel. HIs municipal salary is almost $100,000 higher than his predecessors’ in the Mayor’s Office of Information Technology.

Johnson is among the very highest-paid city employees. His salary tops that of State’s Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby, who earned $238,000 in salary last year, according to city records. It easily surpasses that of the mayor ($176,000), the police commissioner ($200,000 last year) the health commissioner ($204,000 last year) and other department heads.

Pugh said other members of her cabinet, including schools CEO Sonja Santelises and the head of the quasi-public tourism agency Visit Baltimore, Al Hutchinson, make more.

Santelises, who is paid out of the school system’s budget, makes $298,000 under a contract she signed last year. Hutchinson earns $333,000 as president and CEO of Visit Baltimore, a nonprofit funded mostly through tax revenue.

Sweet deal, I wonder how he negotiated that salary?  I love the visit baltimore guy.  330k from tax money to run a "non profit".  Seems non profit just means non profit for the company but plenty for the employees.

I wonder how visit baltimore is doing?  With record murders and all.  Probably number one on the list for people to want to visit.

Nice Work if you can get it! Wish I had some cushy BS job that paid a Buttload of Money for doing Squat. I can just Surf the 'Net and give you all the Info you need about most Anything.

59 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Sweet deal, I wonder how he negotiated that salary?  I love the visit baltimore guy.  330k from tax money to run a "non profit".  Seems non profit just means non profit for the company but plenty for the employees.

I wonder how visit baltimore is doing?  With record murders and all.  Probably number one on the list for people to want to visit.

Non-profit=no taxes. Nothing more nothing less.

51 minutes ago, Bartman said:

Nice Work if you can get it! Wish I had some cushy BS job that paid a Buttload of Money for doing Squat. I can just Surf the 'Net and give you all the Info you need about most Anything.

That is what you think he does. Really? SMH

If this guy worked for Intel.....odds are pretty good he is pretty sharp and will be worth the money.

IT is the lifeblood of business and cities.....like it or not. If BC is going to move forward the IT backbone has to be top notch.

It is about time that the city started hiring people with brains ....instead of connections and legal issues.

Experienced IT men and women are worth whatever they can get.  We have all become so dependent on computers and other digital devices that any failure is a disaster in the making.

All those others mentioned, mayor, police commissioner, etc., etc. are helpless if IT fails. So it's not a "sweet deal" it's paying someone what he's worth.  Too many places have gone cheap on IT and they pay a price when something goes wrong.