Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
songfourone

POLITICS LAS VEGAS SHOOTING OCT 2 2017, 5:39 PM ET Silencers, Armor-Piercing Bullets: Congress Looks to Roll Back Gun Laws

99 posts in this topic

Finding a shooter in a city setting with buildings more than 3 or 4 floors tall is almost impossible to do by sound. The sound bounces off of buildings like crazy. It's even hard at ground level to tell where any loud sound is coming from. There's people on here that live in the city. Have you ever been on foot at an intersection down town when you hear a medic siren? I mean before you can see it? It's hard to tell where it's coming from until it is right up on you. It's very difficult. Also, the PD said the shooter was like 1700 feet away. One would hear the bullets hitting the pavement/cars/or what ever, about a second and a half before the sound coming from the muzzle get's there. Also the bullets will be much louder at the point of impact. Silencers don't really have much of an effect on muzzle flash. When I was in the Marines, our rifles were equipped with flash suppressors. Although it didn't really suppress the muzzle flash, what it did was break it up into several points so as to make it more difficult for the enemy to pinpoint which was the actual muzzle. That's what tracers are for. It's easier from that long distance to locate the muzzle flash than to try to find it by sound. What does all this have to do with the situation in Vegas? Not one dang thing. TBH, I don't think there is a lot we can do to prevent somebody from killing a large amount of people, if they are determined to do so. If we really think about it, we would be afraid to drink the water, breath the air, or even eat food. I fear the worst is yet to come. 

On 10/3/2017 at 5:52 PM, WKDWZD said:

No, they don't.

Use ear plugs, ear defenders or just take up another hobby if shooting is too noisy for you.

Another stupid comment from someone who knows nothing about firearms 

On 10/3/2017 at 5:48 PM, Evil Yoda said:

You made a mistake. Why does that mean a dangerous modification should be legal? To protect you from your own carelessness? Where's that personal responsibility thing your side seems to espouse? ;)

Wow.... it's not like the movies dude. It's still. Loud with a suppressor 

Dangerous modification how?

Good God

29 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Back to the instant insults again, won't you ever learn.

I have in the past been a shotgun certificate holder and have shot many types of weapon, including among others a Sten gun, a Lee Enfield 303 rifle and a Bren Gun at Bisley back in the 70's.

Now you'd better go an wipe that egg off of your face.

17 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Went today.

Could not have been better. Gorgeous weather....saw an eagle.....made some new friends....shot well....lots of people carrying....nobody killed or maimed.

And yes-eyes and ears all the way.

Interesting isn't it.....all those nasty men/women with firearms.....no robberies.....no shootings......

Hmmmm I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

On 10/3/2017 at 9:33 PM, songfourone said:

Exactly how I feel about the gun nutters.

;)

Question; What is a gun nutter to you? Anyone that owns a few firearms or someone that owns like 20/30/40.....

or is anyone that has just one.

Multiple choice.....it should be easy for you  to make your position clear.

Edited by Guido2

3 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

I have in the past been a shotgun certificate holder and have shot many types of weapon, including among others a Sten gun, a Lee Enfield 303 rifle and a Bren Gun at Bisley back in the 70's.

Even worse then.

BTW saying your comment is stupid.... because it is, is not calling YOU a name.

Ok a very uninformed comment.

Is that better?

On Tuesday, October 03, 2017 at 8:00 PM, mcorioles said:

Yes civilians need suppressed firearms.

Hearing safety.

On Tuesday, October 03, 2017 at 10:52 PM, WKDWZD said:

No, they don't.

Use ear plugs, ear defenders or just take up another hobby if shooting is too noisy for you.

4 hours ago, mcorioles said:

3 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

10 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Even worse then.

BTW saying your comment is stupid.... because it is, is not calling YOU a name.

Ok a very uninformed comment.

Is that better?

The stupid comment was your first one. Civilians do not need suppressed firearms for their hearing safety. They should however use ear protection.

then you showed your arrogance and ignorance by stating that I know nothing about firearms. A firearm expert I may not be but I am familiar with them and have fired many types over the years. And I always used ear defenders when firing them.

Now get out of your Mr. Angry mode and stop attacking people.

16 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

The stupid comment was your first one. Civilians do not need suppressed firearms for their hearing safety. They should however use ear protection.

then you showed your arrogance and ignorance by stating that I know nothing about firearms. A firearm expert I may not be but I am familiar with them and have fired many types over the years. And I always used ear defenders when firing them.

Now get out of your Mr. Angry mode and stop attacking people.

LOL, you proved your ignorance again.

Suppresors are ABSOLUTELY needed for hearing safety.

Wrong again.

Why are you opposed to civilians owning them?

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

LOL, you proved your ignorance again.

Suppresors are ABSOLUTELY needed for hearing safety.

Wrong again.

Why are you opposed to civilians owning them?

You are showing your ignorance. Suppressors are most definitely NOT "ABSOLUTELY needed for hearing safety". If there weren't other far more effective and easy to wear methods you might have a point. You are wrong again.

I am not opposed to civilians owning them, if they want to spend there dollars on them, so be it, it's no skin off of my nose.

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

You are showing your ignorance. Suppressors are most definitely NOT "ABSOLUTELY needed for hearing safety". If there weren't other far more effective and easy to wear methods you might have a point. You are wrong again.

I am not opposed to civilians owning them, if they want to spend there dollars on them, so be it, it's no skin off of my nose.

You're still wrong no matter how many posts you make.

But I am opposed to bump stocks.

Edited by mcorioles

53 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

You're still wrong no matter how many posts you make ...

Am not ... :rolleyes:

Such silliness.

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

Am not ... :rolleyes:

Such silliness.

Ok.

On Mr Deltoids remarks abt flash supressors. I once bought a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle, the one with the scope mountings on the receiver. Put a 3x9 scope on it. Well the 223 rd coming out of that short barrel had such a Flash it whited out the scope picture when you fired it. In fact I had a Videotape from on the range where you could see the Flame a good 2-3 ft out from the muzzle on a bright sunny day! That's just Ridiculous! So what I did was trade it up and up with a buddy of mine for his slightly used Stainless Mini without the scope mountings and put a flash suppressor on that one anyway. At least the you could still see when you shot it. Then I put the 3x9 scope on my old Wards .22 LR bolt action, it's just fine there. You just Learn some stuff the Hard Way.

Liberals don't understand guns therefore they fear them.

49 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

What was that about 'stupid posts', again?

31 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

What was that about 'stupid posts', again?

You guys prove it here all the time . 

The best one one was when Alluvial Fan said the cops should be able to tell a fake gun from a real one in a situation.

Go look up some of the things Dem politicians have said.

Clueless.

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

You guys prove it here all the time . 

The best one one was when Alluvial Fan said the cops should be able to tell a fake gun from a real one in a situation.

Go look up some of the things Dem politicians have said.

Clueless.

Not as stupid as your "Liberals don't understand guns therefore they fear them." 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Not as stupid as your "Liberals don't understand guns therefore they fear them." 

Your opinion.

Once again I provide proof for my reasoning.

You not so much.

Edited by mcorioles

18 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Your opinion.

You not so much.

Bullshyte! What proof did you provide for your ridiculous assertion that "Liberals don't understand guns therefore they fear them."?

7 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Bullshyte! What proof did you provide for your ridiculous assertion that "Liberals don't understand guns therefore they fear them."?

Guess you have reading comprehension problems too.

I just told you. 

2 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

I just told you. 

No you didn't, you just made that totally unsupported statement. 

Don't make a total arse of yourself by challenging my reading comprehension dude, you will lose hands down on every attempt. 

2 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Don't make a total arse of yourself by challenging my reading comprehension dude, you will lose hands down on every attempt. 

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/09/progressives-dont-understand-how-gun-silencers-work-here-are-some-facts-to-help-them/

Too easy.

Oh and this also proves you are wrong on suppressors like I told you yesterday.

Here is a clue.Instead of having me do the work for you why don't you educate yourself.....,,

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Your first fallacious statement.

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

Your opinion.

You not so much.

You falsely claimed you provided proof ...

41 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

I challenged your lie above ...

33 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

I just told you. 

Again you lie and this time you foolishly challenge my reading comprehension ...

29 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

25 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/01/09/progressives-dont-understand-how-gun-silencers-work-here-are-some-facts-to-help-them/

Too easy.

Oh and this also proves you are wrong on suppressors like I told you yesterday.

Here is a clue.Instead of having me do the work for you why don't you educate yourself.....,,

Here is your 'proof', provided for the first time thus confirming that your previous claims of 'proof' are lies.

As for the substance and validity of your 'proof', I can only shake my head and feel sorry for you. You really have made a complete arse of yourself again.

Edited by WKDWZD