Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

Sign Severino

18 posts in this topic

He didn't even make it out of the first inning. He'd fit right in.

That is all.

;)

Rough start. Had to pull him even though he probably would've settled down.

You simply can't afford to mess around in a Wild Card Game you have to play for the immediate moment   

Oh wait, unless you're Buck Showalter.  Yeah Buck that worked out well.  

And the Twins gave the 3 runs right back. Should be an interesting game.

Yep, all I could think there was "Buck would have left him in to give up 6 before he even picked up the bullpen phone."

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Yep, all I could think there was "Buck would have left him in to give up 6 before he even picked up the bullpen phone."

Time for some changes. I appreciate Buck for his contributions in helping turn the organization away from being a perennial loser, but his time here has runs its course. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

5 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Time for some changes. I appreciate Buck for his contributions in helping turn the organization away from being a perennial loser, but his time here has runs its course. 

I couldn't agree more. The thing is...I think Buck is here for the long haul. He'll probably replace DD. That is not a good thing at all, IMO.

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I couldn't agree more. The thing is...I think Buck is here for the long haul. He'll probably replace DD. That is not a good thing at all, IMO.

Agreed. Unless there's something we don't know about I do not like the thought of Buck as GM one bit.

What is it going to take for him and the rest of the front office to realize that an all or none offense and compiling a starting rotation of bad pitchers and pray they somehow defy their track records and succeed is simply not a recipe for success?  

He might just be too stubborn and set in his ways which has clearly hurt the team the last couple seasons. 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

I'd like to see them drop the whole "Power above all else" focus, regardless of how power hitter friendly Oriole Park may be.  Average, OBP, and speed play well home and away and in all temperatures and weather conditions. 

5 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Agreed. Unless there's something we don't know about I do not like the thought of Buck as GM one bit.

What is it going to take for him and the rest of the front office to realize that an all or none offense and compiling a starting rotation of bad pitchers and pray they somehow defy their track records and succeed is simply not a recipe for success?  

He might just be too stubborn and set in his ways which has clearly hurt the team the last couple seasons. 

1. He is, IMO, clearly too stubborn and set in his ways.

2. I think the only thing that will change the landscape dramatically is...death. Seriously. To the owner, at least.

2 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

I'd like to see them drop the whole "Power above all else" focus, regardless of how power hitter friendly Oriole Park may be.  Average, OBP, and speed play well home and away and in all temperatures and weather conditions. 

And can we PLEASE get rid of Dickerson?!!!

Thanks.

Replay in sports will never stop frustrating me. Just slo-mo'd the slo-mo of that last play at 1B... you can clearly see the Twins runner's foot hit the bag a fraction of a second before the 1B glove moves from the ball hitting it... he was safe.  At worst it was a tie, which goes to the runner.  But the inning is over and replay skipped... 

31 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Replay in sports will never stop frustrating me. Just slo-mo'd the slo-mo of that last play at 1B... you can clearly see the Twins runner's foot hit the bag a fraction of a second before the 1B glove moves from the ball hitting it... he was safe.  At worst it was a tie, which goes to the runner.  But the inning is over and replay skipped... 

I saw the same thing. And was waiting to see the guy go back to first base. It was obvious. Do the Yankees get breaks other teams don't? You be the judge.

MAN I hate the Yankees.

;)

Posted (edited)

During that first inning, I could have sworn the Orioles had somehow made the wildcard. First Minnesota had two runners in scoring position with only one out. . . and the next two batters promptly whiffed. Still, they managed to stake Ervin Santana to a 3-0 lead, so he shows his gratitude by walking Gardner leading off, then eventually gives up the tying homer to DiGregorius three batters later. It seemed as if I'd seen this movie before.

Regardless, I am now the Cleveland Indians biggest fan. Go Tribe!

Edited by mdrunning

9 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

My thoughts exactly. Buck seems to forget that they play 81 games on the road.

7 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

MAN I hate the Yankees.

;)

It was torture to watch an ESPN broadcast. They were slobbering all over the Yankees' frankfurter. Unbearable  

5 minutes ago, weird-O said:

It was torture to watch an ESPN broadcast. They were slobbering all over the Yankees' frankfurter. Unbearable  

LOL. I know. And after a hopeful start for the Twins, it all fell apart pretty quickly.

7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

During that first inning, I could have sworn the Orioles had somehow made the wildcard. First Minnesota had two runners in scoring position with only one out. . . and the next two batters promptly whiffed. Still, they managed to stake Ervin Santana to a 3-0 lead, so he shows his gratitude by walking Gardner leading off, then eventually gives up the tying homer to DiGregorius three batters later. It seemed as if I'd seen this movie before.

Regardless, I am now the Cleveland Indians biggest fan. Go Tribe!

Exactly.