Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Common Sense Gun Control

174 posts in this topic

The following measures should be implemented to protect society from the scourge of guns. Those seeking to purchase a gun should:

• First, have to watch a video of someone committing suicide with a gun.
  • Have a 3 day waiting period after seeing video.
  • Come back with a note from a doctor attesting to one's mental health. This is kept on record and updated every two years.
  • No more than 2 gun shops per state. Eliminate gun shows and dealers outside of the approved shops.
  • Guns can only be sold back to the dealer or to the government on a gun swap deal. Dealers record the buyer's name and the serial number of the gun.
  • Gun owners can own one rifle – to keep with the original intent of the Constitution, the kind of gun that was around during the framing of the Constitution.
  • Pistols are to be turned into the government in a "buy-back" program.
  • Their ammo must be registered and they must account for each bullet fired in a log.

These regulations would go a long way from freeing Americans from random, accidental and harmful gun violence. They conform to the Framer's intent of a "well-regulated militia".

10 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The following measures should be implemented to protect society from the scourge of guns. Those seeking to purchase a gun should:

• Come back with a note from a doctor attesting to one's mental health. This is kept on record and updated every two years.
  • No more than 2 gun shops per state. Eliminate gun shows and dealers outside of the approved shops.
  • Guns can only be sold back to the dealer or to the government on a gun swap deal. Dealers record the buyer's name and the serial number of the gun.
  • Gun owners can own one rifle – to keep with the original intent of the Constitution, the kind of gun that was around during the framing of the Constitution.
  • Their ammo must be registered and they must account for each bullet fired in a log.

These regulations would go a long way from freeing Americans from random, accidental and harmful gun violence. They conform to the Framer's intent of a "well-regulated militia".

Hilarious :lol:  What an ignorant post. 

Since the only gun allowed in your scenario is a flintlock how would you suggest registering the ammo?  :lol:

19 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Any other parts of the Constitution you want to unilaterally rewrite?  You do away with the 2nd, you do away with the 4th, you do away with private property, you do away with commerce.  Perhaps you should rewrite the 1st as well and you can do away with that pesky right to an opinion and religion.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Any other parts of the Constitution you want to unilaterally rewrite?  You do away with the 2nd, you do away with the 4th, you do away with private property, you do away with commerce.  Perhaps you should rewrite the 1st as well and you can do away with that pesky right to an opinion and religion.

Who is talking about doing away with the 2nd Amendment?

Please point to a post that calls for that?

13 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Since the only gun allowed in your scenario is a flintlock how would you suggest registering the ammo?  :lol:

27 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Substitute the word "Computer" for "gun".

19 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

And people wonder why I don't take him seriously :D

6 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Almost everything in his post violates the 2A

I suggest the OP move to Singapore or some other nanny state.

Just now, bmore_ken said:

Complete gun confiscation?

What a crock. I have a question though.

How do you register musket balls? 

6 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Really?

It's kind of silly to have explain nuance, so let me specific:

Where does the 2nd Amendment limit the type or quantity of weapons?

Where does the 2nd Amendment require the registration of ammunition?

Where does the 2nd Amendment require watching a suicide video?

Come on SFO, I'm not a gun nut.  If you want to have a discussion on this, then discuss and stop with the nonsense.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Complete gun confiscation?

Though obviously don't know the definition of the word violate. Or you don't understand the 2A.

Edited by bmore_ken

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Not at all.

The courts have already granted the states permission to do some of what is above in the matter of the constitutionally protected right for a woman to control her own body.

Other parts conform to the "well-regulated militia" aspect of the Constitution.

And Originalists should recognize that the Founders intent related to guns that were available at the time. Accepting any other kind of gun as constitutional is judicial activism.

Edited by hst2

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, hst2 said:

And Originalists should recognize that the Founders intent related to guns that were available at the time. Accepting any other kind of gun as constitutional is judicial activism.

Your assertion that they meant that you would have weapons similar to what the government had at the time.

Okay, fine. 

When the army goes back to 12 pounder Napoleons and Brown Bess muskets I'll give up my Ar. Same for Horses for helos and Boots for treads.

And cops get truncheons only. 

Edited by Wild Eyed Southern Boy

Just now, Wild Eyed Southern Boy said:

Your assertion that they meant that you would have weapons similar to what the government had at the time.

Okay, fine. 

When the army goes back to 12 pounder Napoleons and Brown Bess muskets I'll give up my Ar. Same for Horses for helos and Boots for treads.

And cops get truncheons only. 

The Army and police are not the "well-regulated militia". 

Just now, hst2 said:

The Army and police are not the "well-regulated militia". 

Your statement means nothing.

You brought up original intent.

Maybe we should do away with standing army thing too.

If I wanted to blow my brains out with a Kentucky rifle, I couldn't reach the trigger with my toe and keep the barrel in my mouth. :P

Foolishness such as this drivel is one reason gun owners feel the way they do. 

9 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Not at all.

The courts have already granted the states permission to do some of what is above in the matter of the constitutionally protected right for a woman to control her own body.

Other parts conform to the "well-regulated militia" aspect of the Constitution.

Was abortion available at that time? Wow. You just destroyed your own argument. 

2 minutes ago, mlatoman said:

If I wanted to blow my brains out with a Kentucky rifle, I couldn't reach the trigger with my toe and keep the barrel in my mouth. :P

Foolishness such as this drivel is one reason gun owners feel the way they do. 

Hence the showing of the video, the 3 day wait and the doctor's note.

Just now, hst2 said:

So the doctor gives them to his friends and not to people he doesn't like. 

Or maybe he just doesn't like guns at all.

Just now, hst2 said:

Why would you need to see a video of something you couldn't do?

How deep is that hole you're digging? :P

1 minute ago, mlatoman said:

Was abortion available at that time? Wow. You just destroyed your own argument. 

The 14 amendment affirms that right. Its the right from which all others depend. For if you don't have the right to control your own body, what other rights are really secure? none.

1 minute ago, Wild Eyed Southern Boy said:

So the doctor gives them to his friends and not to people he doesn't like. 

Or maybe he just doesn't like guns at all.

Those seeking abortions may be confronted with the same issue, but somehow, that's okay.

Pistols are to be turned into the government in a "buy-back" program.

handgun buy back lol

two hundred million handguns in the usa

40 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Don't give him any ideas.