Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

Baltimore's resource for free books reopening on October 14 according to The Baltimore Sun.

3 posts in this topic

Baltimore's resource for free books, The Book Thing, is reopening on October 14th according to the Baltimore Sun, it was closed since March 2016 due to a fire that essentially destroyed The Book Thing: http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bs-fe-book-thing-reopening-20171004-story.html

Good news, bibliophiles: The Book Thing will reopen its physical location in the Abell neighborhood next week, according to the book warehouse’s Facebook page.

The site, which was known for housing hundreds of free books for the taking on Vineyard Lane, will open Oct. 14, after being closed since last March due to a devastating fire.

The Book Thing will be gearing up for the opening with a preview tour of the space held from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, and has put out a call for volunteers on Facebook to help assemble bookcases, shelve and organize books, and make donations for tools and supplies between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. from Wednesday to Friday. They are not accepting books before the opening, according to the post.

Good to hear.  I've donated books to them in the past.

I have to bookmark their location.....I always have books I want to recycle in a positive way.