mcorioles

Bump Stocks Determined to Be Legal under the Obama Admin.

67 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Wonder why a certain segment of our posters haven't brought this up?

But they pile on a nothing Trump reversal on mental health.

Hypocrites.

LOL! The moron has been piled on plenty around here lately, but I can't recall this topic as being part of it.

5 will get you 10 that the NRA will come up with a way to keep these things from being banned.

7 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

when are they making belt loops illegal

Love it

53 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Wonder why a certain segment of our posters haven't brought this up?

But they pile on a nothing Trump reversal on mental health.

Hypocrites.

They do it for the same reason that Obama, Pelosi, and others ignored the whole Confederate statue issue when they had the power to do something about it for eight years, but didn't. 

It's similar to how the shooting up and murders at the fort was considered "workplace violence" instead of an act of Islamic terrorism.

It's all about "the narrative".

6 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

They do it for the same reason that Obama, Pelosi, and others ignored the whole Confederate statue issue when they had the power to do something about it for eight years, but didn't. 

It's similar to how the shooting up and murders at the fort was considered "workplace violence" instead of an act of Islamic terrorism.

It's all about "the narrative".

What did they have the power to do? Please be specific.

15 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

28 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Do you want proof?

LOL unlike a lot on here I don't say things I can't back up.

Sure you don't LOL... thanks for the good laugh.

And sure if you think you have some sort of proof then go for it.  I've been here for a long time and know damn well you're wrong about this one, but history dictates you will only continue to dig the hole deeper

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

Your point?

Any reasonably intelligent engineering, applied science or chemistry graduate in the US can -- by themselves, take out more people than the nutjob Paddock did -- without guns.

The world is a scary place.

Just now, DreadPirateRoberts said:

gonna have to ban pieces of wood as well

and maybe vibrators 

Posted (edited)

Theoretically someone could build or steal an atomic weapon and detonate somewhere killing thousands or millions.  Therefore bump stocks must remain legal.  :rolleyes:

Edited by ivanbalt

4 minutes ago, karlydee2 said:

Your point?

Any reasonably intelligent engineering, applied science or chemistry graduate in the US can -- by themselves, take out more people than the nutjob Paddock did -- without guns.

The world is a scary place.

There you go again. 

I imagine Paddock talked the same way. 

24 minutes ago, DreadPirateRoberts said:

I was trained, specifically, to not shoot at water because of the potential for ricochet.

A great technique for burning ammo, but a better target and safer target is needed.

3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

There you go again. 

I imagine Paddock talked the same way. 

There I go again what???

Science is scary -- most people are stupid -- they don't understand

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Sure you don't LOL... thanks for the good laugh.

And sure if you think you have some sort of proof then go for it.  I've been here for a long time and know damn well you're wrong about this one, but history dictates you will only continue to dig the hole deeper

Look up Soulflowers thread 

"Republicans don't care about deficits"

Doesnt get any worse than that

These were from DAYS ago yet within 3 minutes of posting my first thread in a few days Matt is all over me not providing a link.

Or

"The White House plans on doing nothing for Peurto Rico"

By Heisenberg.

Now go ahead spin that.

Edited by mcorioles

58 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Look up Soulflowers thread 

"Republicans don't care about deficits"

Doesnt get any worse than that

These were from DAYS ago yet within 3 minutes of posting my first thread in a few days Matt is all over me not providing a link.

Or

"The White House plans on doing nothing for Peurto Rico"

By Heisenberg.

Now go ahead spin that.

So two threads where Matt didn't ask for a link equates to Matt never asking for links from liberal posters?  I'm sorry but that is just patently ridiculous.  God your woe is me I'm always the innocent victim thing is getting tiring

4 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Do you have to if it's a fact?

Why are you all over my thread within minutes but never correct the liberal threads that are obvious lies?

wrong.....matt will ask for a link from everyone.

4 hours ago, karlydee2 said:

Bump stocks were not "legalized" -- they were never illegal

The ATF issued an opinion that bump-stocks were not illegal -- a correct technical opinion based upon the function and the definition of semi-automatic.

Oops

3 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

Oops

Now now ODENTON... don't go picking on mcorioles like that :lol:

46 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

Oops

LOL, another one who can't read.

This place always lifts me up after a rough day at work.

6 hours ago, Eastsider said:

And hopefully under Trumps admin they will be banned.......

why didn't Trump ban them with an executive order on Jan 20th, 2017? Because this wasn't an issue until this week.....but the rwnjs are so desperate to deflect attention away from Trump's failings they've actually uncovered another failing...

8 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

:lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politics/paul-ryan-bump-stocks-gun-control/index.html

Obama is the worst.  On one hand trying to confiscate all weapons and on the other hand personally allowing bump stocks.

Good thing these brave Republicans are here to save the day.  At least until the NRA sets them straight.  :rolleyes:

Speaking of, 'the worst, when did Obama try to "confiscate ALL weapons"?

Sooner of later, you guys are going to have to stop lying.

9 hours ago, karlydee2 said:

There I go again what???

Science is scary -- most people are stupid -- they don't understand

That pretty much describes many on here. Thanks for posting that I enjoyed it. 

11 hours ago, hst2 said:

LOL! The moron has been piled on plenty around here lately, but I can't recall this topic as being part of it.

5 will get you 10 that the NRA will come up with a way to keep these things from being banned.

The NRA has stated that the legality of bump stocks should be reviewed.  Not quite a way to keep things from being banned.  The Obama administration had an opportunity to do just that.  It did not legalize them, as they were never illegal, but they could have reviewed and attempted to ban them.  At which point if republicans and the NRA blocked it, the bump stock controversy would clearly be on them alone.  The fact that the Obama administration simply approved bump stock sales without any further analysis makes them at least somewhat complicit with the fact that they are perfectly legal in today's world. 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

The NRA has stated that the legality of bump stocks should be reviewed.  Not quite a way to keep things from being banned.  The Obama administration had an opportunity to do just that.  It did not legalize them, as they were never illegal, but they could have reviewed and attempted to ban them.  At which point if republicans and the NRA blocked it, the bump stock controversy would clearly be on them alone.  The fact that the Obama administration simply approved bump stock sales without any further analysis makes them at least somewhat complicit with the fact that they are perfectly legal in today's world. 

I agree, or maybe they were focused on some other area of gun control or maybe they made the calculation that gun control was such a hot button issue for repubs that they should leave it alone in the hopes of finding common ground on other issues. Or, maybe they just dropped the ball.

regardless, i don't think you will find anyone in the obama administration, including obama and biden, who doesn't wish that they were able to do more on gun control

Edited by JoyinMudville