Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

The research is clear: gun control saves lives

127 posts in this topic

Just now, WKDWZD said:

ūüėßūüėā

Reduced to cartoon faces when confronted with facts AGAIN.

 

Embarrasing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

ūüėßūüėā

All it takes is one case of the converse to falsify an argument.

Your premise is that MORE GUN CONTROL saves lives -- Brazil has more gun control than the US, yet 5 times as many murders per capita.

And double total deaths per capita

That's called disproving the premise.

 

Edited by karlydee2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, karlydee2 said:

All it takes is one case of the converse to falsify an argument.

Your premise is that MORE GUN CONTROL saves lives -- Brazil has more gun control than the US, yet 5 times as many murders per capita.

And double total deaths per capita

That's called disproving the premise.

 

Nah, it's called desperation. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karlydee2 said:

No, it's called science.

EVen in England and Wales, homicides increased after the handgun ban in 1996. (even when you throw out Harold Shipman for the 2002 Blip)

http://www.blog.murdermap.co.uk/statistics/homicide-in-england-and-wales-1898-to-2012/

Such silliness Karly,  we are talking about gun control and gun deaths and you link to non-gun related crimes and utter claptrap about Dr. Harold Shipman, what the ...

Here's some relevant data if you must; You are 138 times more likely to die by a gun than I am.  That sir is a straight up and relevant fact.

Come on now, cut it out with all these false equivalences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL,how ignorant can you be?

Now the Libs here tell us our fact based links are wrong.

While providing nothing to prove it.

Unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you blind as well as ignorant. You keep whinging on about links then whinge again when a more relevant one is presented.

you are a real hoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 11:36 AM, hst2 said:

Here are a number of laws that could be effective.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/upshot/how-to-reduce-mass-shooting-deaths-experts-say-these-gun-laws-could-help.html?_r=0

Trigger locks could be effective too, with regard to stolen guns.

 

Assuming that you live in MD and many other states.....most all those laws in the article are in place. However, the part about REALLY PUNISHING BAD GUYS WITH GUNS  is blown off daily by the court system in BC.

Trigger locks are also mandated in MD. Every gun I purchased recently has one in the box. I will also add that those locks are really meant to protect you and yourself in the home. Any criminal worth his salt could 'pic' or drill out the lock in less than 10 minutes.

QUESTION.....and this is anybody.

Can anyone explain to me.....why everybody is jumping up and down (on both sides) about more laws. YET......no one ....except myself...seems to give one wit about enforcing the existing laws TO THE FULLEST?

Ohhh geee come up with laws that FORCE the judge and the 'system' to actually punish a bad guy.

Ohhhhhh pppooooppp I forgot ....that NAACP and ACLU thingy. Frankly they are just as bad as the NRA.....just on the opposite of the coin about PUNISHMENT. OOohhhhhhhh he made a mistake. :rolleyes: BS

Start REALLY punishing the bad guys....and maybe .....just maybe ....their can be a discussion about more or less gun control. IMHO

Otherwise it comes across as yet another 'look what I am doing' moment for the politicians. At the expense of decent citizens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Sorry to disappoint you but it was not terror related, just another road traffic accident. :rolleyes:

Yeah.  That's what they said about the event at Kensington too, only to have to reverse themselves.  I hope you're right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Sorry to disappoint you but it was not terror related, just another road traffic accident. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you can tell he "jumped the gun" on that one. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Gun Control" is a myth to soothe liberal consciences.

If gun control was effective we would not be having another record year of homicides in Baltimore City.

As is reported frequently, liberal Maryland has some of the strictest gun-control laws in the country yet we see every day just how ineffective they are.

In the wake of Las Vegas, legislatures and executive officials are under pressure to "do something." So, will they actually do SOMETHING or once again just be seen to "do something."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, Eastsider said:

Trigger locks are easy to drill and open. No deterrent for a criminal

 

Sure would be a deterrent for a child....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sure would be a deterrent if you needed that gun in a hurry. Self defence is one of the most cited reasons to even have a handgun.

Between the locked gun case and the trigger lock you wouldn't  even have time to throw it at an intruding bad guy.

If he was a bad guy with a gun and was serious the odds of you becoming dead or seriously wounded are pretty good.

So much for another feel-good gun control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, songfourone said:

 

Sure would be a deterrent for a child....

Only an irresponsible gun owner leaves a gun where a child has access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Only an irresponsible gun owner leaves a gun where a child has access.

 

Yep and there are plent of them around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, songfourone said:

 

Yep and there are plent of them around.

 

Then they are the ones who should have trigger locks. Not responsible gun owners. If my home is invaded, I don't have time to worry about unlocking a lock to save my life. 

Edited by bmore_ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is a "responsible gun owner" until they aren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

Such silliness Karly,  we are talking about gun control and gun deaths and you link to non-gun related crimes and utter claptrap about Dr. Harold Shipman, what the ...

Here's some relevant data if you must; You are 138 times more likely to die by a gun than I am.  That sir is a straight up and relevant fact.

Come on now, cut it out with all these false equivalences.

sorry you don't understand statistics

If there were 1000 dog deaths per year out of every 100,000 dogs -- but 900 of those dog deaths were rottweilers, does your pekinese have a 1% chance of dying?

 

Educate yourself man -- you make yourself look foolish

Edited by karlydee2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, karlydee2 said:

sorry you don't understand statistics

If there were 1000 dog deaths per year out of every 100,000 dogs -- but 900 of those dog deaths were rottweilers, does your pekinese have a 1% chance of dying?

 

Educate yourself man -- you make yourself look foolish

More soppy analogies.  You need to educate yourself, any numbskull can post data and make it show what they want it to, that's no skill, it's deceit, and it's often dishonest. Hell, you cannot deny or disprove that only 14% of dwarves (or one in seven) is Happy.

Now try again to argue your point honestly, we are talking gun homicides, not Rottweilers, and in gun homicides the US beats the UK by a factor of 138 to 1.

The one looking foolish is you dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

More soppy analogies.  You need to educate yourself, any numbskull can post data and make it show what they want it to, that's no skill, it's deceit, and it's often dishonest. Hell, you cannot deny or disprove that only 14% of dwarves (or one in seven) is Happy.

Now try again to argue your point honestly, we are talking gun homicides, not Rottweilers, and in gun homicides the US beats the UK by a factor of 138 to 1.

The one looking foolish is you dude.

You don't Understand statistics, I'm a white Male over 45, that lives in a small southern town.  I have a less than 1% chance of being murdered by anything or anyone, much less a firearm.

To put it in perspective -- in the metropolitan statistical area where I live -- with a population of ~500,000 spread across several towns and counties, we average 10-20 murders a year -- they are almost never white, and are usually criminals killing each other, or domestic violence against women

I'm more likely to die by drowning, car accident, or farming accident.

Statistically the same as you.

If I was an urban dwelling criminal Black male between the ages of 18 and 34 -- I would agree with you 100%

Poverty and socioeconomic disparity causes gun violence -- regardless of gun control laws

And mental illness

Edited by karlydee2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, karlydee2 said:

You don't Understand statistics, I'm a white Male over 45, that lives in a small southern town.  I have a less than 1% chance of being murdered by anything or anyone, much less a firearm.

I'm more likely to die by drowning, car accident, or farming accident.

Statistically the same as you.

However, while you reside in the states and I in the UK, you statistically have 138 times the chance of being murdered by a gun than I do.

Now quit being a stupid arse and stop saying that I don't undertand statistics, I clearly understand them better than you. You are the one that keeps trying to deflect from the topic on GUN control and GUN deaths. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, WKDWZD said:

However, while you reside in the states and I in the UK, you statistically have 138 times the chance of being murdered by a gun than I do.

Now quit being a stupid arse and stop saying that I don't undertand statistics, I clearly understand them better than you. You are the one that keeps trying to deflect from the topic on GUN control and GUN deaths. 

No

I

don't

You don't understand statistics -- 

 

If you live in a large city in Britain, you probably have a higher chance of being murdered than me -- regardless of weapon.

Edited by karlydee2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, karlydee2 said:

No

I

don't

You don't understand statistics -- 

Yes

you

do.

I understand statistics better than you.

I am also more honest with statistics than you are and I am also staying on topic.

One more time, Here is the link that clearly shows that you are 138 times more likely to die by a gun than I am, it's a hard fact, suck it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0