Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...

18 posts in this topic

...that Tampa Bay will be looking for a new kicker come tomorrow morning.

;)

I think Nick Folk was thinking the same thing on the sideline.  His facial expression looked like he was thinking about googling Florida unemployment insurance!

6 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I think Nick Folk was thinking the same thing on the sideline.  His facial expression looked like he was thinking about googling Florida unemployment insurance!

It's a team game. And I thought the decision to kick an onside kick with 2:06 left wasn't a good one. But really...I don't think it's unfair to say that Folk lost the game for his team tonight. And he didn't just miss by a little bit. He missed by a country mile. Both times. Stick a fork in him; he's done.

The way the fans were cheering after Folk missed made me think for a second exactly where the game was being played. No wonder New England wins so much; they're like the Yankees or the Red Sox in that they have a lot more "home" games than other teams.

2 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

The way the fans were cheering after Folk missed made me think for a second exactly where the game was being played. No wonder New England wins so much; they're like the Yankees or the Red Sox in that they have a lot more "home" games than other teams.

Could it possibly have been sarcastic cheering?

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Could it possibly have been sarcastic cheering?

No, when a crowd is passionate about the home team, they just boo. I guess that's what happens when most of a team's fanbase is transplanted northerners. 

2 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

No, when a crowd is passionate about the home team, they just boo. I guess that's what happens when most of a team's fanbase is transplanted northerners. 

I only asked because I didn't hear it at other points in the game, but then again...I had it muted a lot. I like some of Romo's insights; but his voice is almost as annoying as Q's.

16 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

It's a team game. And I thought the decision to kick an onside kick with 2:06 left wasn't a good one. But really...I don't think it's unfair to say that Folk lost the game for his team tonight. And he didn't just miss by a little bit. He missed by a country mile. Both times. Stick a fork in him; he's done.

Yeah it is, but his misses really hurt them and changed the dynamic of the game.  And yeah the decision to kick onside was stupid.  With the time left and no timeouts, you need a 3 and out either way to get a chance.  Kicking onside gave them a chance to kick a FG after the 3 and out and make TB need a TD.  Why not kick deep?  If you get the 3 and out, they punt and you only need to get into FG range for a chance to win it, as bad as Folk has been.  Onside kick made TB have to drive the field with no timeouts and get a TD.  Terrible percentage play.  

3 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I only asked because I didn't hear it at other points in the game, but then again...I had it muted a lot. I like some of Romo's insights; but his voice is almost as annoying as Q's.

I agree with you.  He never shuts up.  He has some good things to say, but stop trying to say them every second of the game.  Hopefully he will get better.  

7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Bingo

7 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I didn't know who it was until after a break they showed him in the booth. His voice sounds a little whiney.

39 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I didn't know who it was until after a break they showed him in the booth. His voice sounds a little whiney.

As a Giants fan I did not like him but IMO his booth work is good and getting better. He is willing to question players. 

8 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I agree with you.  He never shuts up.  He has some good things to say, but stop trying to say them every second of the game.  Hopefully he will get better.  

LOL. He sounds like a teenager who needs Adderall.

On 10/5/2017 at 10:55 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

...that Tampa Bay will be looking for a new kicker come tomorrow morning.

;)

Wrong....as usual.  

On 10/7/2017 at 10:05 AM, RileyMartin said:

Wrong....as usual.  

"A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Bucs will be bringing in 3-5 kickers for a tryout Monday while players have a three-day break for their mini-bye week."

LOL.

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

"A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Bucs will be bringing in 3-5 kickers for a tryout Monday while players have a three-day break for their mini-bye week."

LOL.

Right....as usual.  ;)

1 minute ago, jamesdean said:

Right....as usual.  ;)

LOL.

:D

On 10/7/2017 at 10:05 AM, RileyMartin said:

Wrong....as usual.  

"Buccaneers sign kicker Patrick Murray, place Nick Folk on IR.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are counting on Patrick Murray to solve their kicking woes.

Murray was signed Monday, replacing struggling Nick Folk, who missed three field goals during last Thursday’s 19-14 loss to the New England Patriots and has been placed on injured reserve with a “minor injury classification.”

(Yeah, Riley. I know...it hurts. But thanks for playing.)

TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON, BOB!!!

Bob: "Riley Martin. You have won the OFFICIAL 2017 "OPEN MOUTH, INSERT FOOT" poster. Hang it in your bedroom next to your bunk beds. Or tape it up in your basement. In your mom's house. Where you live!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!