Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

Randallstown man known for feeding the homeless of Baltimore City has his $5,000 grill stolen in Allendale neighborhood of West Baltimore UPDATE: Grill Found.

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: Duane "Shorty" Davis has found his grill: https://www.facebook.com/shortman9/videos/10210762929288591/

Here's some very angering and depressing news, Duane "Shorty" Davis, a Randallstown man known for going around Baltimore City feeding the homeless had his $5,000 grill that he hauled up from Antioch, Georgia stolen from him: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-ci-shorty-grill-stolen-20171006-story.html

Now, Duane “Shorty” Davis, 57, is calling for help.

A couple of thieves — grown men, he says — dragged off his hulking $5,000 grill, the one with three chambers and two smokers that he hauled up from Antioch, Ga., more than a year ago. The thieves hitched it to the back of a gold-colored pickup and drove off Tuesday afternoon from behind Mary E. Rodman Elementary School in the Allendale neighborhood of West Baltimore, he says.

For three days, Shorty’s grill, as it’s simply and widely known, has been missing.

So he’s fed Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh, as well as former Govs. Martin O’Malley and Robert Ehrlich, he says. During the general election last year, he offered free hot dogs and hamburgers outside a Park Heights polling place to Democrats and Republicans alike. But it’s the volunteer work, the Sundays he parks near a downtown shelter and feeds the homeless, that earned Davis recognition from the City Council.

Edited by KSweeley
UPDATE: Grill Found.

Baltimore Sun article about Shorty's grill being found: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-shorty-grill-recovered-20171007-story.html

Crediting help from the community, longtime Baltimore activist and barbecue cook Shorty said he's recovered his grill after discovering it stolen Tuesday.

The precise circumstances of how Duane “Shorty” Davis tracked down the missing $5,000 combination grill and smoker were not clear Saturday. He couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

But Davis did post a video to Facebook shortly before 11 p.m. Friday, which appeared to show him with a police officer on a darkened street confronting the thieves. In a comment, Davis said the scene was in the 2600 block of Oliver St. in East Baltimore.

“That’s my grill right here,” Davis can be heard saying from behind the camera. “He got a lock on it.”

I'm surprised that the minor bureaucratic functionaries at the Health Dept. aren't on Mr. Davis' case re feeding the public without the proper licensing & inspections.

2 hours ago, VOSA said:

I'm surprised that the minor bureaucratic functionaries at the Health Dept. aren't on Mr. Davis' case re feeding the public without the proper licensing & inspections.

Don't give them any ideas

On 10/7/2017 at 0:28 PM, VOSA said:

Are you really surprised?

1 hour ago, AugusteDupin said:

Are you really surprised?

Yes, because other cities are making money off of fining people when feed the homeless.

What surprises me is that BC has let this revenue source go untapped.

5 hours ago, VOSA said:

Yes, because other cities are making money off of fining people when feed the homeless.

What surprises me is that BC has let this revenue source go untapped.

FYI

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

FYI

Well it makes sense......

If people at a grass roots level ....start feeding people.....then that means 'big gooooberment' and associates lose control of those in need which mean a lose of votes and a lose of funding, respectively.

It is NOT about sanitation, how the food is prepared and so on ....rather... it about keeping the 'plantation mentality' in place.

Very simple really.

Edited by Guido2

Ahhhhhh ..where is the NAACP on this? Where is the ACLU on this? Where is Black Lives Matter on this?

Opppppssss silly me......they are part of the associates I mentioned earlier....I think.

Gotta keep those poor folk beholden to the right ....opppsss left people. ;)