Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ms maggie

Snowflake Trump can't stand heat

87 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, mcorioles said:

You guys can't even be original.......snowflakes is your moniker.

THAT'S your critique of the thread? Really?? :D

51 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Thought Trump's skin would toughen up after some time in office. Apparently not.

He's never been poor, or even really had to work hard for a living. Every job he has ever held, other people did what he told them to, and did it quickly, or they lost their jobs. They probably fawned all over him. Now he's got the worst job on the world, because no matter who takes it, half the country starts off hating them. And more importantly, that half doesn't want to do as Trump tells him, he can't (directly) fire them, and they won't fawn over him. It's a huge adjustment, and at his advanced age not one I think he'll readily make.

I used to wonder if Fred routinely belittled him and corroded his self-confidence to a shell, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure he'd have flamed out long before this if that were true.

5 hours ago, ms maggie said:

This article is hilarious.  Think it might be meant to be satirical?  One of the big lies is that the Pope wasn't smiling standing next to Trump.  The photo used to illustrate this 'lie' shows the Pope NOT smiling.  The big gotcha?

"People in the company of someone they like don’t keep a smile constantly plastered on their faces while devoutly maintaining a scowl when forced to hang out with someone who is not their favorite. And our facial expressions often have nothing to do with the people in our immediate vicinity (think: trapped gas, or checking your phone at the dinner table). A photograph of Francis frowning next to Obama was not hard to come by. Nor was one of him grinning next to Trump."

If you watched the videos of the public parts of the visit, the Pope looks very somber nearly the whole time. So the photo was representative.

Wow.  Talk about a big lie!

The rest of the article is equally lame.

How long has Snoops been in the satire business?

Snowflake is taken and is a perfect fit for the oversensitive and whining libs.

Please find some original material.

1 hour ago, VOSA said:

How long has Snoops been in the satire business?

How long have you been in the citing a source that doesn't support your point business?

It's so lazy. Fits you.

1 hour ago, Lombardi6 said:

Is it???

Gosh you're on top of stuff.

8 hours ago, VOSA said:

And now for the rest of the story.

And from one of the usual suspects' favorite sources too.

And here I thought snopes was supposed to be some left wing fake fact checking site. At least that's what volperdingbat told me.

2 hours ago, Lombardi6 said:

Actually, "snowflake" was coined as a pejorative in its current incarnation in the 1996 book Fight Club and made popular through the film. The irony by the allegedly conservative individuals using it recently is often lost, as it appears to be on you.

The term has also been a bit of a racial context dating back up to 150 years. Which might actually work when Maggie says it as it refers to someone being anti-abolitionist.

12 hours ago, mcorioles said:

The more angry and irrational the Libs get ...you know how effective said topic is.

LOLOLOL

14 hours ago, songfourone said:

How can ANYONE with a fully oxygenated brain still be supporting this dumpster fire?

They keep hoping he just forgot to take his meds.

The press already grades him on a curve. What more does the selfish crybaby want?

The press obsesses with him in a brutal way, but it's not surprising since he has opened a war with them.  On the campaign trail that might have scored points, but now the smarter thing to do would be to schmooze the press the way Reagan and Clinton were able to do.  That's not in Trump.  He's gotten everything he went after by being the tough guy in business negotiations.  Personally, I don't think the guy ever really wanted to be president, nor do I think he ever had any real plans if he did become president.  He wanted to prove he could win.  Once he did win, he had no idea what to do with it.  The only way he knows is how to strong arm business associates and politics is a different game.  He loves the attention, and loves playing the twitter game, but when it comes down to details, he has no real way to handle them.  He never has had to do that.  He's good at telling a crowd of people what they want to hear, not so good at actually following through with things.  

Some things speak for themselves. Love the "really good towels" part. Like I said, all the media has to is report what he actually says.

Can you think of anything more cringe-worthy than Huckabee's "You were a rock star"?

Lest we forget, this was a visit to a devastated PR. But those heavenly towels....

4 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Some things speak for themselves. Love the "really good towels" part. Like I said, all the media has to is report what he actually says.

Can you think of anything more cringe-worthy than Huckabee's "You were a rock star"?

Lest we forget, this was a visit to a devastated PR. But those heavenly towels....

What no beautiful chocolate cake?

How will we recover from this?? Will the world ever take us seriously again??

18 hours ago, ms maggie said:

How long have you been in the citing a source that doesn't support your point business?

It's so lazy. Fits you.

So you're trying to get people to believe that after starting the article with the following...

The Lies of Donald Trump’s Critics, and How They Shape His Many Personas

An in-depth analysis of the false allegations and misleading claims made against the 45th President since his inauguration.

the article did not support that claim?

Your attempts to alter reality are becoming more and more pitiable.

17 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

And here I thought snopes was supposed to be some left wing fake fact checking site. At least that's what volperdingbat told me.

Take that up with him. I never said Snoops was some left wing fake fact checking site.

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, cprenegade said:

The press obsesses with him in a brutal way, but it's not surprising since he has opened a war with them.  On the campaign trail that might have scored points, but now the smarter thing to do would be to schmooze the press the way Reagan and Clinton were able to do.  That's not in Trump.  He's gotten everything he went after by being the tough guy in business negotiations.  Personally, I don't think the guy ever really wanted to be president, nor do I think he ever had any real plans if he did become president.  He wanted to prove he could win.  Once he did win, he had no idea what to do with it.  The only way he knows is how to strong arm business associates and politics is a different game.  He loves the attention, and loves playing the twitter game, but when it comes down to details, he has no real way to handle them.  He never has had to do that.  He's good at telling a crowd of people what they want to hear, not so good at actually following through with things.  

1. They accurately report his words and deeds. 

2. They grade him on curve. How many times have we heard about supposed 'pivots' to presidential or 'tonight he became president' just because the guy was able to read a prepared speech off a teleprompter?

3. If Trump wants better coverage he should put on his big boy pants, focus on his job, and bring home some legislation that fulfills his many campaign promises.

Edited by JoyinMudville

1 hour ago, VOSA said:

So you're trying to get people to believe that after starting the article with the following...

The Lies of Donald Trump’s Critics, and How They Shape His Many Personas

An in-depth analysis of the false allegations and misleading claims made against the 45th President since his inauguration.

the article did not support that claim?

Your attempts to alter reality are becoming more and more pitiable.

I did read the article. You might do the same. It didn't support the headline.

How embarrassing!

2 hours ago, ms maggie said:

I did read the article. You might do the same. It didn't support the headline.

How embarrassing!

Speaking of embarrassing…

From the 5 categories of lies about Trump that the article mentioned here are 3 which, according to you, do not support the headline.

“Donald Trump: International Embarrassment

What’s remarkable is the extent to which false claims about the President revolve around body language, nonverbal gestures and symbolism, all phenomena that are notoriously open to interpretation. These lies and misrepresentations are also often based on snapshots — visual evidence presented without proper context.

Trump the Tyrant

The second major strand of falsehood we have observed is one that portrays Trump as a would-be dictator, straying beyond his constitutional powers and imposing his will on whatever and whomever he chooses.

Donald Trump: Bully Baby

Closely linked to the “dictator” trope are several false claims based on Trump’s persona as a thin-skinned, narcissistic baby, lashing out at perceived insults and bullying much less powerful people. So when, in May, Stephen Colbert made a controversial joke about Trump performing fellatio on Vladimir Putin, it was almost inevitable that a fake story would follow, claiming that the President had forced CBS to fire Colbert, in a single phone call. Similarly, Alec Baldwin’s popular portrayal of Trump on Saturday Night Live prompted this fake story, which reported that the President had signed an executive order canceling the show.”

You should drop your efforts to be a JV Joseph Goebbels propagating the Big  Lie  before you further humiliate yourself.

9 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

We'll get through this. But we shouldn't have to.

9 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

We may have to start over.

On 10/7/2017 at 8:13 AM, ms maggie said:

Aw, poor baby!

The bottom line is he wants back on prime time. And his idiot followers won't see anything deeply unAmerican about this. Going after a free press? No biggie.

He should be suggesting less air time.

You know the libs are deranged when they take a feel good moment and try to turn it into something else

On 10/7/2017 at 10:30 PM, ODENTON said:

LOLOLOL

You do realize snowflake was attributed to liberal millennias right?