Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aboutwell

Harvey went left... Irma went right...

14 posts in this topic

And now Nate is coming right up the middle... looks like Gulfport/Biloxi may be in it's eye... 

Will the ole farm here in Soso be spared?...

Is Nate still a cat 1 or has it been upgraded yet?  Hopefully for all in the middle it stays a cat 1 or 2.

Still a "1"... but winds in Gulfport/Biloxi are predicted to reach 110MPH... Hurricane Camille had winds of 115MPH when it came through Hattiesburg, MS back in '69... 

"Criusin the Coast" going on on the Mississippi Gulf Coast right now... tens of thousands of people and old cars there right now... 

https://cruisinthecoast.com/

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like it was no big deal.  Just kinda if you have to get hit with a hurricane, it's better if it is a 1 or 2 than a 3, 4, or 5.  My prayers for the people in the Gulf Coast states.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, aboutwell said:

And now Nate is coming right up the middle... looks like Gulfport/Biloxi may be in it's eye... 

Will the ole farm here in Soso be spared?...

Use to I've in Ocean Springs before Katrina and the home we use to own there was pretty much underwater from her.

Hope They and the area is spared this time.

And good luck to you aw!

Edited by jonsensback

How are you doing, aboutwell?

22 hours ago, aboutwell said:

Still a "1"... but winds in Gulfport/Biloxi are predicted to reach 110MPH... Hurricane Camille had winds of 115MPH when it came through Hattiesburg, MS back in '69... 

"Criusin the Coast" going on on the Mississippi Gulf Coast right now... tens of thousands of people and old cars there right now... 

https://cruisinthecoast.com/

Wish you well but really .....

Camille made landfall with winds > 150mph .....

Nate @~ 85 mph .....

Not saying nate won't cause problems but why you calomparing it to camille? .....

Best wishes and luck aboutwell!

Anybody here from flyboy yet?

Man this season has been really nasty.....wonder how Trump is going to pin it on Obama. :mad:

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Best wishes and luck aboutwell!

Anybody here from flyboy yet?

Man this season has been really nasty.....wonder how Trump is going to pin it on Obama. :mad:

There is a pinned post for flyboy - no word yet from him.

2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

There is a pinned post for flyboy - no word yet from him.

Nice that was done. Prayers.

Posted (edited)

No real comparison to Camille, ET... just a comment... about how strong Camille was even after it was 100 miles inland... I was here for both... all three in fact... (Katrina)... 

All is good here now... worst of it for us was about 8PM last night... extremely heavy rain... storm is just east of Tuscaloosa, AL right now and moving toward you guys... we needed the rain... now we need the cooler temperatures... 

Thanks for the concerns... 

Edited by aboutwell

7 minutes ago, aboutwell said:

No real comparison to Camille, ET... just a comment... about how strong Camille was even after it was 100 miles inland... I was here for both... all three in fact... (Katrina)... 

All is good here now... worst of it for us was about 8PM last night... extremely heavy rain... storm is just east of Tuscaloosa, AL right now and moving toward you guys... we needed the rain... now we need the cooler temperatures... 

Thanks for the concerns... 

Glad to hear you were not seriously affected by Nate.

25 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Glad to hear you were not seriously affected by Nate.

X2. I know hurricane season runs until November but hopefully it’s just about over.