Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lawman 27

How to reduce the City's crime rate

44 posts in this topic

There is an answer, an easy one!  All you have to do is find a veteran Patrol Officer in the City and ask him (or her)!

There are several reasons that this CAN NOT be done:

1) Patrol Officers do not have cute initials after their names (PhD, etc) (This means (according to the City's Politicians) that they are not smart enough to know).

2) Patrol Officers would not want money to discuss the solutions. (The City's Politicians would not trust someone whose motivation was not greed).

3) Patrol Officers would have a simple answer. (You go finding a solution to the problem and those Politicians would be straight out of a job).

4) Patrol Officers are thought of as "the unwashed heathen" and not to be associated with by anyone of class.

The city of Baltimore paid out judgments or settlements in more than 100 cases alleging police brutality since 2011, The Baltimore Sun reported in September after a lengthy investigation into the city's criminal justice system.

As Baltimore burned Monday night and into Tuesday morning, there was speculation that years of frustration over dealing with rogue police officers had caused the city to erupt in violence.

As a Baltimore native wrote in The Washington Post on Wednesday, "It was only a matter of time before Baltimore exploded."

Since 2011, the city has been involved in 317 lawsuits stemming from complaints of assault, false arrest, and false imprisonment, The Sun found.

More than 100 of these lawsuits — filed by residents ranging from a 26-year-old pregnant accountant who said she witnessed a beating to an 87-year-old grandmother aiding her wounded grandson — have resulted in judgments for the plaintiffs or settlements, according to The Sun.

The city has ended up paying $5.7 million to alleged victims of police brutality between 2011 and September 2014.

http://www.businessinsider.com/baltimore-paid-5-million-in-4-years-for-police-brutality-lawsuits-2015-4

I'm sure this has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Not at anybody that has posted.....just in general.

When the consent decree is in completely in place (if possible)...and is just in monitor mode.

I wonder what the 'smart guys' that came up with all this stuff will do. When crime goes through the roof, arrests go down and the law suit costs/payoffs stay the same.

I wonder what plan B is.

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Not at anybody that has posted.....just in general.

When the consent decree is in completely in place (if possible)...and is just in monitor mode.

I wonder what the 'smart guys' that came up with all this stuff will do. When crime goes through the roof, arrests go down and the law suit costs/payoffs stay the same.

I wonder what plan B is.

Call out the Guard?

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

The city of Baltimore paid out judgments or settlements in more than 100 cases alleging police brutality since 2011, The Baltimore Sun reported in September after a lengthy investigation into the city's criminal justice system.

As Baltimore burned Monday night and into Tuesday morning, there was speculation that years of frustration over dealing with rogue police officers had caused the city to erupt in violence.

As a Baltimore native wrote in The Washington Post on Wednesday, "It was only a matter of time before Baltimore exploded."

Since 2011, the city has been involved in 317 lawsuits stemming from complaints of assault, false arrest, and false imprisonment, The Sun found.

More than 100 of these lawsuits — filed by residents ranging from a 26-year-old pregnant accountant who said she witnessed a beating to an 87-year-old grandmother aiding her wounded grandson — have resulted in judgments for the plaintiffs or settlements, according to The Sun.

The city has ended up paying $5.7 million to alleged victims of police brutality between 2011 and September 2014.

http://www.businessinsider.com/baltimore-paid-5-million-in-4-years-for-police-brutality-lawsuits-2015-4

Ken,

I had one lady make a complaint that I had SHATTERED her hand by slamming it in her car door. When my Sergeant called an Ambulance (for healing and to document the injury) the "Victim" cursed my Sergeant and left. My Sergeant (not that it mattered, but she was an AA Female) closed the case after the victim used the "N" word at her.
IAD REOPENED the incident inviting the victim to come and remake a complaint. Since the victim knew X-rays would be taken and since the victim knew there was never any incident, she declined. You can not imagine to what lengths IAD went to, just to try and make a case from nothing.

I have no doubt that there are cases of Police Misconduct and they should be accounted for. THAT BEING SAID, there are cases where nothing happens and the 'victims' just want to make a buck.

But how many of the UNDOCUMENTED cases has the City paid out on, just so the Mayor can claim justice?

5 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Call out the Guard?

If the Guard have to follow the decree, what can they do?
The Cops can do the job (in accordance with the Constitution) if someone would let them.

3 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

The Cops can do the job (in accordance with the Constitution) if someone would let them.

I am guessing here....but it seems to me to make sense that they wouldn't have to. They are NOT the city police. They maybe assisting but as a separate entity.

My bet though .... is as I speak...someone in the NAACP or ACLU or just some plain ambulance chaser lawyers.....are sitting at the various cases etc......to figure if that angle could be worked.

14 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

Ken,

I had one lady make a complaint that I had SHATTERED her hand by slamming it in her car door. When my Sergeant called an Ambulance (for healing and to document the injury) the "Victim" cursed my Sergeant and left. My Sergeant (not that it mattered, but she was an AA Female) closed the case after the victim used the "N" word at her.
IAD REOPENED the incident inviting the victim to come and remake a complaint. Since the victim knew X-rays would be taken and since the victim knew there was never any incident, she declined. You can not imagine to what lengths IAD went to, just to try and make a case from nothing.

I have no doubt that there are cases of Police Misconduct and they should be accounted for. THAT BEING SAID, there are cases where nothing happens and the 'victims' just want to make a buck.

But how many of the UNDOCUMENTED cases has the City paid out on, just so the Mayor can claim justice?

So the city paid out 5 million in 4 years for bogus cases? Get real bro. 

14 minutes ago, Lawman 27 said:

No one is stopping them. People are arrested in Baltimore every day. 

38 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

So the city paid out 5 million in 4 years for bogus cases? Get real bro. 

Why did all the cops accused in Mosby’s witch hunt opt for bench trials? Get real bro. 

4 hours ago, volperdinger said:

Why did all the cops accused in Mosby’s witch hunt opt for bench trials? Get real bro. 

What's that got to do with what I posted?

16 hours ago, Lawman 27 said:

There is an answer, an easy one!  All you have to do is find a veteran Patrol Officer in the City and ask him (or her)!

There are several reasons that this CAN NOT be done:

1) Patrol Officers do not have cute initials after their names (PhD, etc) (This means (according to the City's Politicians) that they are not smart enough to know).

2) Patrol Officers would not want money to discuss the solutions. (The City's Politicians would not trust someone whose motivation was not greed).

3) Patrol Officers would have a simple answer. (You go finding a solution to the problem and those Politicians would be straight out of a job).

4) Patrol Officers are thought of as "the unwashed heathen" and not to be associated with by anyone of class.

The department has a long way to go to stop the internal corruption.  Can't blame people for not trusting cops when you have things happening like the entire special gun squad being busted for the charges brought against them.  People also forgot about what happened to that cop that had to resign when he tried to report corruption and wasn't protected as promised. Any cop who would put a dead rat on an honest cop's car is as much a thug and guilty of intimidation as any gang member.  Can't put all the blame on Mosby or judges when cops' own actions are the cause of hundreds of cases being tossed out.

Davis has his work cut out for him but I don't know if he's really up to the task.    

8 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

What's that got to do with what I posted?

I think what he is saying is that 'the game' is rigged against the police GOOD AND BAD.

While it is true that some cases that people sue on are valid. From things I have read over the years....WAY TO MANY law suits are frivolous  at best and just plain mean spirited (screw the cops at any opportunity) at worst. And the city doesn't help by handing out 'shut and go away money' like it was penny candy.

And cops ask for a bench trial....because in a jury trial....the likelihood of 'screw the cops' is very high especially since cops are not affiliated with gangs and the jury members are not likely to be blown away. If you look at the 'track record' of recent courts....well....an awful high number of criminals walk.

We won't screw our 'buds' but we sure and hell will screw the cops.

Just apply reverse logic and it will work for you.

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

The department has a long way to go to stop the internal corruption.  Can't blame people for not trusting cops when you have things happening like the entire special gun squad being busted for the charges brought against them.  People also forgot about what happened to that cop that had to resign when he tried to report corruption and wasn't protected as promised. Any cop who would put a dead rat on an honest cop's car is as much a thug and guilty of intimidation as any gang member.  Can't put all the blame on Mosby or judges when cops' own actions are the cause of hundreds of cases being tossed out.

Davis has his work cut out for him but I don't know if he's really up to the task.    

I agree with what you are saying for the most part especially the good cop thing. Which as you pointed out generally does not bode well for the good cop.

So looking forward to a brighter future when all the agreement things are in place. Do you think crime will go down because the 'citizens' will now trust the cops and share information and such? Or do you think that the 'citizens' will still cover for criminals and crime will skyrocket and the cops will still be monkey in the middle?

Not trolling....I just want an honest answer.

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

I think what he is saying is that 'the game' is rigged against the police GOOD AND BAD.

The game isn't rigged. Please explain to me the justification for an officer beating a senior citizen?

Just now, bmore_ken said:

The game isn't rigged. Please explain to me the justification for an officer beating a senior citizen?

Ok rigged is kinda strong. Under the present circumstances (bad cops and all) it is more than likely a resistant criminal who desevedly gets there butt kicked has a better chance with lawyer lotto than a cop doing his/her job. 

How many 'resisting arrest' with documentation of resistance have been paid out with 'shut up and go away money'? Too many.

Look don't misunderstand me....but the city is becoming a cash machine for losers.

IMHO. 

And what senior citizen case are you referring to? Is it buried somewhere in the thread and I overlooked it?

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ok rigged is kinda strong. Under the present circumstances (bad cops and all) it is more than likely a resistant criminal who desevedly gets there butt kicked has a better chance with lawyer lotto than a cop doing his/her job. 

How many 'resisting arrest' with documentation of resistance have been paid out with 'shut up and go away money'? Too many.

Look don't misunderstand me....but the city is becoming a cash machine for losers.

IMHO. 

And what senior citizen case are you referring to? Is it buried somewhere in the thread and I overlooked it?

Of course you did. It was 11 posts and on this same page. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Edited by bmore_ken

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Of course you did. It was 11 posts and on this same page. :rolleyes:

Thank you ken.... I stand corrected. I admit skimming it....because it seemed to me a repetition of what we have read before.

I apologize for not focusing in on the senior citizen.

BTW....how did the grandson get wounded?

BTW BTW.....seems no one as of yet has addressed my comment....care to weigh in... I respect your input.

So looking forward to a brighter future when all the agreement things are in place. Do you think crime will go down because the 'citizens' will now trust the cops and share information and such? Or do you think that the 'citizens' will still cover for criminals and crime will skyrocket and the cops will still be monkey in the middle?

Not trolling....I just want an honest answer.

This thread....after all....was about crime...not handing out cash.

Edited by Guido2

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Thank you ken.... I stand corrected. I admit skimming it....because it seemed to me a repetition of what we have read before.

I apologize for not focusing in on the senior citizen.

BTW....how did the grandson get wounded?

How is that relevant to an 87 year old being assaulted by police who are supposed to protect and serve?

1. Missing headlight leads to an anal-cavity search of a Baltimore woman (pages 32-33).

The DOJ found that the BPD routinely conducted unconstitutional strip searches, often in full view of the public. One of the most egregious searches involved a woman pulled over for a simple traffic stop for a missing headlight. The woman’s race is never mentioned, but the likelihood that she was white is pretty slim. As the DOJ noted, there were “two Baltimores,” where wealthy, white residents were treated “respectful” by BPD and found the department “responsive to their needs.” For the mostly poor, black residents? Not so much.

After the woman was stopped, the report goes into excruciating detail:

Officers ordered the woman to exit her vehicle, remove her clothes, and stand on the sidewalk to be searched. The woman asked the male officer in charge “I really gotta take all my clothes off?” The male officer replied “yeah” and ordered a female officer to strip search the woman. The female officer then put on purple latex gloves, pulled up the woman’s shirt and searched around her bra. Finding no weapons or contraband around the woman’s chest, the officer then pulled down the woman’s underwear and searched her anal cavity. This search again found no evidence of wrongdoing and the officers released the woman without charges. Indeed, the woman received only a repair order for her headlight. The search occurred in full view of the street, although the supervising male officer claimed he “turned away” and did not watch the woman disrobe.

The male officer was only mildly reprimanded.

https://www.theroot.com/the-7-most-outrageous-and-racist-acts-found-in-doj-s-re-1790856365

4. Sexual assault victim called a “conniving little whore” (Page 122).

In addition to its racially biased and abusive tactics, the BPD’s handling of sexual assaults “raised serious concerns of gender-based policing,” including questioning victims in a manner that blamed them for their assaults. Failure to believe victims’ claims was commonplace. Included in the report was an email in which a BPD officer and a prosecutor expressed disbelief of a victim’s sexual assault claims: “[T]he prosecutor wrote that ‘this case is crazy … I am not excited about charging it. This victim seems like a conniving little whore. (pardon my language).’; the BPD officer replied, ‘Lmao! I feel the same.’”

https://www.theroot.com/the-7-most-outrageous-and-racist-acts-found-in-doj-s-re-1790856365

5. Black grandmother shoved against a wall, called a “*****” (Page 67).

Even though black men were often the targets of the BPD, the department proved that age and gender offered little protection from police abuse. From the report:

The City paid $95,000 in 2012 to settle a lawsuit brought by an 87-year-old African-American grandmother who alleged that she was shoved against a wall after she refused to allow an officer to enter her basement to conduct a warrantless search. After shoving the woman to the floor, the officer allegedly stood over her and said, “*****, you ain’t no better than any of the other old black *****es I have locked up.”

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

How is that relevant to an 87 year old being assaulted by police who are supposed to protect and serve?

Without the 'details' I can only guess....is it possible that the women became hysterical and did nothing but interfere with the police that MAY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAVE HER GRANDSONS LIFE?

You have never been a cop... I have. When someone is bleeding out you do NOT have time to dxxx around with distraught hand wringers. Which due to a lack of background I feel safe in assuming regarding grandma. Was she truly beaten....or did a cop jerk her body out of the way? Now it is declared a 'beating'.

I am open minded....though I know you don't think so.

So ....if you can provide me a detailed summary as to why this women was beaten (as claimed) I will read it and may or may not think differently.

BTW....your original quote....where did it come from? Judging by the reading it was more than likely an op-ed with all the bias associated with most.

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Without the 'details' I can only guess....

Clearly that speaks volumes about you. Not exactly surprising though. Back to ignoring the nonsense you post. I regret it every time I break my own rule.

Edited by bmore_ken

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Clearly that speaks volumes about you. Not exactly surprising though. Back to ignoring the nonsense you post. I regret it every time I break my own rule.

Clearly shows that you have nothing to back up your claims.

Show me the facts....jack.

You only regret responding to me ...it seems...is because I blow holes through your points like a cannon shell through wet toilet paper.

So put up you FACTS. Op-eds don't count.

Edited by Guido2