Baltimatt

Non-fatal shooting at Ellicott City Wal-Mart

52 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-ho-nonfatal-shooting-20171008-story.html

Howard County police are investigating a nonfatal shooting that occurred around midnight Saturday in a Walmart store in Ellicott City.

Police were called for a report of a fight with shots fired at the store in the 3200 block of North Ridge Road, and upon arriving located an adult male with a nonfatal gunshot wound.

Police believe that after being shot inside the store during an unknown altercation, the unidentified man went to a vehicle in the parking lot, obtained a gun and fired multiple retaliatory shots toward the store.

Wow.  So two people had access to guns, and the man who was shot fired retaliatory shots towards the store.  It's a good thing no innocent shoppers or employees got caught in the line of fire.  

36 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Is that Walmart open 24 hours?

According to the Wal-Mart website, it is.

3 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-ho-nonfatal-shooting-20171008-story.html

Wow.  So two people had access to guns, and the man who was shot fired retaliatory shots towards the store.  It's a good thing no innocent shoppers or employees got caught in the line of fire.  

An armed society is a polite society?  More guns less crime?

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

Ahhhhh if they are in the correct hands. Ten dollars to a doughnut that both guns were illegal....probably both involved have a rap sheet.....and have connections to the city.

Hmmmmm lets see a guy shoots a guy in the middle of the store for no reason....then the other guy runs out to his car and gets HIS gun to shoot back. I don't think it is a reach to say these to guys ahhhhh 'know' each other?

Yup moving people out of the city really does improve racial/social interaction in  the 'better' neighborhoods.:rolleyes:

Edited by Guido2

36 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

You seem to not think that both were likely in possession of illegal guns and had prior criminal records that prohibited them from having them.

Ease of legally carrying doesn't stop people from moving to places like Florida.  Are we to assume that people who move there are idiots for moving there?

Posted (edited)

I have never been to that Wally World and don't know where it is.

But I assume that it's in a nice area since Ellicot city is the jewel of the county.

Edited by jonsensback

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

I have never been to that Wally World and don't know where it is.

But I assume that it's in a nice area since Ellicot city is the jewel of the county.

It is a very nice store and most customers and employees are good people. The WM near us (Woodlawn/Catonsville) is a dump comparatively....maybe 2 steps above 'dollar stores'. And it seems to be going further down hill by the day. We now drive the extra 15 minutes to go to the Ellicot city one.

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

You seem to not think that both were likely in possession of illegal guns and had prior criminal records that prohibited them from having them.

Ease of legally carrying doesn't stop people from moving to places like Florida.  Are we to assume that people who move there are idiots for moving there?

Neither of those two statements/questions say anything about legal guns or the criminal convictions of the person holding them.

You can assume anything you want sweetie. 

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Ahhhhh if they are in the correct hands. Ten dollars to a doughnut that both guns were illegal....probably both involved have a rap sheet.....and have connections to the city.

Hmmmmm lets see a guy shoots a guy in the middle of the store for no reason....then the other guy runs out to his car and gets HIS gun to shoot back. I don't think it is a reach to say these to guys ahhhhh 'know' each other?

Yup moving people out of the city really does improve racial/social interaction in  the 'better' neighborhoods.:rolleyes:

Do you have any proof that they came from the city to Ellicott City?  Assumptions can be a bad thing.

9 minutes ago, bogart said:

Do you have any proof that they came from the city to Ellicott City?  Assumptions can be a bad thing.

You think they need proof?:D

5 minutes ago, bogart said:

Ahhh no I don't. I will admit that. Call it an educated guess. ;)

And lets both save key strokes and wait for the full report to come out.....and prove me right!:lol:

Just now, bmore_ken said:

You think they need proof?:D

Both you and bogart can send me an apology post when the facts come out.

I promise to send you both one if I am proven wrong.

OK?

3 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

Neither of those two statements/questions say anything about legal guns or the criminal convictions of the person holding them.

You can assume anything you want sweetie. 

I'm more surprised that you would quote Robert Heinlein than that you refer to other men as "sweetie".  Fact is, you tose all credibility away when you compare criminals with guns to others who legally carry. 

3 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I'm more surprised that you would quote Robert Heinlein than that you refer to other men as "sweetie".  Fact is, you tose all credibility away when you compare criminals with guns to others who legally carry. 

First of all you always have a female picture for your avatar so I assume you are female. 

Second, Where did I compare anything?

Drove by the EC Walmart today.

Parking lot was full.

Tough crowd those Ellicott Cityites.

8 hours ago, bogart said:

Like assuming the "Firearms Safety Act" of 2013 would reduce violent crime in Maryland?  How did that work out for you guys? 

I'll let you guys come to your own conclusions assuming you trust the HoCo Police Dept Facebook page. 

NEWS RELEASE: Police continue to investigate non-fatal shooting at Ellicott City Walmart; Detectives offering reward up to $2,500

Howard County police are continuing to investigate a non-fatal shooting that occurred Oct. 8 at the Walmart store in the 3200 block of North Ridge Road in Ellicott City. Detectives are offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information.

Police were called around midnight for a report of a fight with shots fired at the store. Officers arrived and located a 23-year-old man from Baltimore near the scene with a non-fatal gunshot wound. He is not being publicly identified at this time for investigative reasons.

Edited by Baltimatt
Too long a quote

Police were called around midnight for a report of a fight with shots fired at the store. Officers arrived and located a 23-year-old man from Baltimore near the scene with a non-fatal gunshot wound. He is not being publicly identified at this time for investigative reasons.

So after they dug the bullet out ....did forensics ID the bullet and the associated gun? More importantly....is the man snitching?

Answers No and No.

I will be happy if I am proven wrong.

Anyone have any ideas why this thread was truncated?

8 hours ago, VOSA said:

?????????????

Don't understand....I saw your post....

19 hours ago, VOSA said:

Generally because of calling alties.  If you think someone is another prior poster and have some evidence, take it to Talk Admin.  Don't discuss it on the board.

On 10/9/2017 at 0:09 PM, bogart said:

Do you have any proof that they didn't? Call me after a full report is available. OK?

4 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Generally because of calling alties.  If you think someone is another prior poster and have some evidence, take it to Talk Admin.  Don't discuss it on the board.

Hey matt.....I will show my ignorance.....what are you talking about.... I don't get it.

Were you saying; it was truncated was calling out someone that was posting previously under another name and now is using an alternate name since being banned or some such thing?

4 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

why not

no where is that in the tos