Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

"Hey Lefties: Where Are Your [Kitty] Hats Now?"

122 posts in this topic

We see individual examples of hypocrisy all the time from all stripes. For example, the scumbag politician (but I repeat myself) recently who urged his mistress to have an abortion, all the while publicly professing a pro-life image.

Here's an example, in my view, of group hypocrisy.

Today is the one-year anniversary of the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape. (I know. It feels more like 10 years ago.)

For days, Americans were subjected to an ongoing audio loop of a private conversation in 2005 between Donald Trump and the show’s co-host, Billy Bush. I don’t need to remind you what Trump said because anyone with a pulse can probably recite it verbatim. Some gals even have hats to commemorate Trump’s secretly recorded, indecent remarks.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/07/hey-lefties-where-are-your-pssyhats-now/

Everyone knows their feigned outrage schtick .,....

Posted (edited)

So instead of firing him and dropping support as the Dems did with this guy, he should have been elected president like you guys did with your predator?

Edited by Calamari

Let me know when Harvey Weinstein is running for President.  Until then, we need to keep the outrage focused on some NFL players who didn't stand for the national anthem.  :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

And still supports him (well, Fox News at least).

One guy loses his job and is now a pariah. The other one is elected President and has millions of rabid supporters.

But let's keep the equivalency going, because it's going to be funny just how big a spanking will get laid out on those trying to compare the response to the situation to Trump.

Edited by bmorepunk

2 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

We see individual examples of hypocrisy all the time from all stripes. For example, the scumbag politician (but I repeat myself) recently who urged his mistress to have an abortion, all the while publicly professing a pro-life image.

Here's an example, in my view, of group hypocrisy.

Today is the one-year anniversary of the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape. (I know. It feels more like 10 years ago.)

For days, Americans were subjected to an ongoing audio loop of a private conversation in 2005 between Donald Trump and the show’s co-host, Billy Bush. I don’t need to remind you what Trump said because anyone with a pulse can probably recite it verbatim. Some gals even have hats to commemorate Trump’s secretly recorded, indecent remarks.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/10/07/hey-lefties-where-are-your-pssyhats-now/

And yet another poster who apparently has NO IDEA what the work hypocrisy means :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Let me know when Harvey Weinstein is running for President.  Until then, we need to keep the outrage focused on some NFL players who didn't stand for the national anthem.  :rolleyes:

Exactly. Republicans made their Harvey Weinstein President. 

The lack of self awareness is hilarious

7 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

And yet another poster who apparently has NO IDEA what the work hypocrisy means :rolleyes:

I mean, if people want to go with the "you were okay with Clinton and his accusations, but you're not okay with Trump's?", then sure, hypocrisy. But then there's that layer of people who use Clinton's accusations as an excuse for Trump's when he was a candidate. I guess if one President does something then it's okay for another one.

But comparing a President/candidate to a film producer? Actually you know what, I'm wrong here. Comparing Trump to Weinstein makes perfect sense. They're both entertainment types, not serious individuals who are interested in running a country for the sake of the people. They're equivalent; anyone can be elected President. But not everyone can actually be a President, apparently.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, bmorepunk said:

I mean, if people want to go with the "you were okay with Clinton and his accusations, but you're not okay with Trump's?", then sure, hypocrisy. But then there's that layer of people who use Clinton's accusations as an excuse for Trump's when he was a candidate. I guess if one President does something then it's okay for another one.

But comparing a President/candidate to a film producer? Actually you know what, I'm wrong here. Comparing Trump to Weinstein makes perfect sense. They're both entertainment types, not serious individuals who are interested in running a country for the sake of the people. They're equivalent; anyone can be elected President. But not everyone can actually be a President, apparently.

Trump is an entertaining entertainer. He’s a lot of good and bad things but it boggles my mind how so many convinced themselves that he should be President

There are plenty of people I find entertaining but wouldn’t want anywhere near the Oval office. I agree with Chris Rock’s political commentary pretty often but I wouldn’t want him to be President. 

Edited by soulflower

A large percentage of the regular posters here are probably better fit for the job. They'd probably have the sense to hire people who knew what they were doing, across the board, listen to them and try to make good decisions and not make everything about their ego. 

And that's messed up, because none of us should be anywhere near that job.

28 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

I see the censors are back at it again.

Maybe you should demand a refund of what you pay to post on the site.:D

5 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

5 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Pay? Who pays to come here?

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Pay? Who pays to come here?

Wooooooosh

4 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Wooooooosh

Right over it's head :D

2 hours ago, Calamari said:

So instead of firing him and dropping support as the Dems did with this guy, he should have been elected president like you guys did with your predator?

2 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

1 hour ago, bmorepunk said:

And still supports him (well, Fox News at least).

One guy loses his job and is now a pariah. The other one is elected President and has millions of rabid supporters.

But let's keep the equivalency going, because it's going to be funny just how big a spanking will get laid out on those trying to compare the response to the situation to Trump.

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

1 hour ago, soulflower said:

Just now, bmore_ken said:

Right over it's head :D

LOL, you guys really got me there.....

Silly

The "failing New York Times" broke the story that ultimately brought down Weinstein. I've seen some stuff floating around that they may have hushed an allegation of a story a decade ago that would have put this out in the open, and if so that's messed up. At least they got it right this time.

We should be comparing this to Roger Ailes if anything, although it sounds like the allegations are much worse than those against Ailes.

2 hours ago, soulflower said:

Of course, you could argue that Democrats made Trump president by providing arguably the worst, most hated candidate in recent memory. But hey, the glass ceiling.

17 minutes ago, Bassman said:

Of course, you could argue that Democrats made Trump president by providing arguably the worst, most hated candidate in recent memory. But hey, the glass ceiling.

What was it that the Joker said? Oh yeah 'you made me'.

Seems to apply here.

It was a choice between horse poop and dog poop.

Both rot and stink to high heaven