Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bully

SFA Moves Into Top 10

73 posts in this topic

Latest poll has SFA ranked #8 in United States.  Question for my football fan posters.  Has there ever been a Maryland team ranked #1?  My guess is no.  What was highest ranked MD team at seasons end?  

Like the 2011 Good Counsel team.....

Thanks.  So highest rank was GC at #5.  Appreciate info.

DeMatha was number 1 in late 90s or early 2000s. They were on the cover of the Cheerios box that year. That team was just inducted into the DeMatha hall of fame this year.

Edited by OldBallCoach

1 hour ago, Bully said:

Latest poll has SFA ranked #8 in United States.  Question for my football fan posters.  Has there ever been a Maryland team ranked #1?  My guess is no.  What was highest ranked MD team at seasons end?  

What ranking? I see them at #7 in CalPreps, but for actual rankings they land between 18-25 for the major polls. 

16 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

DeMatha was number 1 in late 90s or early 2000s. They were on the cover of the Cheerios box that year. That team was just inducted into the DeMatha hall of fame this year.

That '98 DM team was very good, but the schedule held them back big time. The best win was against Chambersburg(PA) I believe. I think they finished in the top 15 nationally. Nobody knew just how good they were. I wish McGregor would of scheduled another top 25 team that season. The cheerios box was really cool though. I still have one.

Edited by Silverbullet

DM finished #4 in the USA Today poll last season. 

Edited by Silverbullet

2 hours ago, Bully said:

Thanks.  So highest rank was GC at #5.  Appreciate info.

DM #4 in 2016 

Edited by Silverbullet

4 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

That '98 DM team was very good, but the schedule held them back big time. The best win was against Chambersburg(PA) I believe. I think they finished in the top 15 nationally. Nobody knew just how good they were. I wish McGregor would of scheduled another top 25 team that season. The cheerios box was really cool though. I still have one.

Ok I thought they were on the Cheerios box because they were number 1. A guy I know played on that team said they were #1. Just going with what i was told by a player.

Last year, DeMatha finished #4 in the USA Today. Only 4 other Maryland teams have finished in the USA Today top 10 - '86 DeMatha finished ranked 6th, Valdosta finished #1. Didn't happen again until '06, when the Stags finished ranked 10th. The '98 team finished #13. Good Counsel finished 6th in '11, and #10 in '12, though that was their highest ranking among 5 in the composite.

Edited by themamba

43 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

DeMatha has never ended a season number 1 in the country! 

4 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

DM #4 in 2016 

And to question SFA's ranking without a so-called national signature win this year without IMG, 2016 DeM's so-called national signature win(s) was probably against a local team I can't recall has ever beaten DeM,at least in decades and they play every year, SJC-DeM.  Yet DeM was supposedly #4 in the land beating its usual local suspects.

This is why The DayWalker see beyond your under the table comments and why I'm compelled to call you out with your dem rose colored bias glasses.  There is nothing a vamp hates worse than an overzealous homer who attempt to marginalize others..  They (YOU) get to Come Walk With Me whether they (YOU) care to or not.  :P

5 hours ago, OldBallCoach said:

Ok I thought they were on the Cheerios box because they were number 1. A guy I know played on that team said they were #1. Just going with what i was told by a player.

They do that OBC.  Some even claim to be STATE CHAMP and four consecutive years even.....  Rule #2 'round here, NEVER just go with what you are told.  Trust but verify ~ Ronald Reagan

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

And to question SFA's ranking without a so-called national signature win this year without IMG, 2016 DeM's so-called national signature win(s) was probably against a local team I can't recall has ever beaten DeM,at least in decades and they play every year, SJC-DeM.  Yet DeM was supposedly #4 in the land beating its usual local suspects.

This is why The DayWalker see beyond your under the table comments and why I'm compelled to call you out with your dem rose colored bias glasses.  There is nothing a vamp hates worse than an overzealous homer who attempt to marginalize others..  They (YOU) get to Come Walk With Me whether they (YOU) care to or not.  :P

I never questioned SFA's ranking. I said they are a top 25 team with no top 100 wins. It's going to be tough for them to break into the top 10. They are sitting between 18-25 in the human polls. Right now they are #7 in CalPreps but will be jumped by teams in power states when the playoffs start unless the IMG vs SFA game is rescheduled. That's the reality of the matter. IMO, SFA could be a top 10 team. Maybe top 5. I just don't know if they'll get the chance. 

DM had two top 100 wins last season. Both over SJC. SJC beat top 100 SJR by two scores and manhandled top 100 Pitt CC. That's how DM justified their ranking last year. No surprise you have some made up issue with that. You don't have the ability to erase the name from a jersey and judge a team for what it is, not what it's called...

4 hours ago, DayWalker said:

They do that OBC.  Some even claim to be STATE CHAMP and four consecutive years even.....  Rule #2 'round here, NEVER just go with what you are told.  Trust but verify ~ Ronald Reagan

Very true. Have you seen the LaPlata game? Would like to see that film.

7 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Very true. Have you seen the LaPlata game? Would like to see that film.

No I haven't seen La Plata OBC but I can make a call.  You talking about the La Plata and Lackey game right and not just any La Plata game?

7 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

I never questioned SFA's ranking. I said they are a top 25 team with no top 100 wins. It's going to be tough for them to break into the top 10. They are sitting between 18-25 in the human polls. Right now they are #7 in CalPreps but will be jumped by teams in power states when the playoffs start unless the IMG vs SFA game is rescheduled. That's the reality of the matter. IMO, SFA could be a top 10 team. Maybe top 5. I just don't know if they'll get the chance. 

DM had two top 100 wins last season. Both over SJC. SJC beat top 100 SJR by two scores and manhandled top 100 Pitt CC. That's how DM justified their ranking last year. No surprise you have some made up issue with that. You don't have the ability to erase the name from a jersey and judge a team for what it is, not what it's called...

Sniper Sniper Sniper, and thus the major flawS with rankings or opinion polls.  SFA is sitting at between 18 and 25 in human opinions, 7 at some other entity I assume is not human, what animals - aliens!!!  And you indicate there are other opinions since you said something about majors polls; are there minor polls....  Top 100, Top 50, Top 25, Top 10 ====  It's all smoke and mirrors CC so much like that MNC you and your lot love to talk about, well at least you did before Vegas.  But recall what I told your friend Bully 'bout MNC and let me quote:

• These MNCs are just that, MYTHICAL.  Words synonymous with MYTHICAL are FICTIOUS, IMAGINARY, MAKE-BELIEVE, FANTASY, INVENTED, MADE-UP, NONEXISTENT, PRETEND.  Need I say more Bully?  How 'bout BULLSHYTE!!!  What about a freakin' JOKE....  :D

These Rankings Are The SAME!  What SFA needs to focus on is winning the MIAA-A bush league title; that should be their prime directive and not IMG or what OPINION, 18-25 or wherever, they may fall in the NUMEROUS opinions when the season is over. Puck IMG, SFA doesn't need IMG as you say.  I'm out of the loop on even why SFA is not playing IMG if it was scheduled before the season started.  Who backed out?

Anyway, yes yes yes it could be said that DeM had two top 100 wins last season, both over SJC.  I believe I mentioned those two wins and further that SJC hasn't beaten DeM in decades from what I recall.  And didn't SJC lose 4 or 5 games that 2016 season you say they were Top 100?  And who is Pitt CC that was manhandled?  That one blew by a vamp so I must be slipping or does rule #2 apply...  Anywhatever DC, that's how YOU justify whatever opinion DeM garnered in 2016 but The DayWalker says your methods are so greatly flawed.  Winning the WHACK WCAC title was so clean and decisive; stick with that BUT even then you were NOT STATE CHAMP nor four consecutive STATE CHAMP and not #1 in the nation once cause you were on the Cheerios box lying to my friend OBC....shame shame shame on dem liars!   :P

Edited by DayWalker

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

No I haven't seen La Plata OBC but I can make a call.  You talking about the La Plata and Lackey game right and not just any La Plata game?

Yea that game specifically. Is Rod the HC there now?

Just now, OldBallCoach said:

Yea that game specifically. Is Rod the HC there now?

Yep, NFLer Rod Milstead.  He got to beat his alma Lackey with La Plata.  My folks tell me Lackey just couldn't do anything right last Friday; they fumbled in their own territory several times and sailed snaps over the head of their QB even more.  They say the Lackey QB Boogie Middleton can boogie if given a foot of space.

Oh, and a video is on its way.  ;)

14 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Yep, NFLer Rod Milstead.  He got to beat his alma Lackey with La Plata.  My folks tell me Lackey just couldn't do anything right last Friday; they fumbled in their own territory several times and sailed snaps over the head of their QB even more.  They say the Lackey QB Boogie Middleton can boogie if given a foot of space.

Oh, and a video is on its way.  ;)

Check your email 

got it