Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bully

SFA Moves Into Top 10

73 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2017 at 7:31 PM, Bully said:

Latest poll has SFA ranked #8 in United States.  Question for my football fan posters.  Has there ever been a Maryland team ranked #1?  My guess is no.  What was highest ranked MD team at seasons end?  

SFA deserves every recognition they get and so does any other team that is ranked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 11:08 PM, TheGuru said:

Baltimore Sun’s Katherine Dunn retweeted the following link for SFA’s Terrell Smith to get USA Today HS Football Player of the Week:

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/poll-vote-for-the-super-25-top-star-week-7-2/amp

Press view poll and vote for Smith.  He’s currently winning.  If you’d like to piss off EI, MOP and anybody else badmouthing SFA for only doing what Gilman & McDonogh perfected, vote as much as you can.

Btw, every time you vote the players switches spots on the page.  Make sure you choose Smith each time. ✊🏾✊🏼✊🏿✊🏻✊️

Good work Gu in helping to spread the word and getting a vamp to vote.....and often

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Good work Gu in helping to spread the word and getting a vamp to vote.....and often

Thanks.  Part of it was a dig at EaglesInsider & those posters calling for SFA to be kicked out of MIAA.  SFA deserves the attention & accolades after years of being the nappy-headed stepchild in the MIAA “family”.  It was good to see the kid win just as Beau English last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We as HS football lovers have to be proud of what SF has done whether we like their method or not it’s a DMV school so we must appreciate and commend the players accomplishments on the field period 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

We as HS football lovers have to be proud of what SF has done whether we like their method or not it’s a DMV school so we must appreciate and commend the players accomplishments on the field period 

No no no, it’s not a DMV school, it’s a Baltimore school. East Baltimore school to be exact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

We as HS football lovers have to be proud of what SF has done whether we like their method or not it’s a DMV school so we must appreciate and commend the players accomplishments on the field period 

 

8 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No no no, it’s not a DMV school, it’s a Baltimore school. East Baltimore school to be exact. 

The DayWalker would rather not hear another word from you two after what you did to my friend McDeesNuts to cause him to bolt from our humble commode!!!:

  • It's pretty telling that you gloat more over an expected SFA win than a Gilman upset. I'm done with this board. Update your own schedules and scores. Break your own news. GA and DW and Gooch and all of you can have the Sun Board, I'm out. Those of you who appreciate what I bring to the table, you can find me on the MOCOfootball site, which also has forums for all other regions and is actually moderated unlike the Sun Board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No no no, it’s not a DMV school, it’s a Baltimore school. East Baltimore school to be exact. 

....of DMV kids*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silverbullet said:

....of DMV kids*

Some. Baltimore kids, Delaware kids and Richmond kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Some. Baltimore kids, Delaware kids and Richmond kids. 

...and absolutely no DC area kids, right? 

No worries. I'm all for SFA. I think they should probably go independent, but I like what they're doing. Obviously support for some of the coaches. 

Edited by Silverbullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

...and absolutely no DC area kids, right? 

No worries. I'm all for SFA. I think they should probably go independent, but I like what they're doing. Obviously support for some of the coaches. 

No, I said some! They have plenty of DC area kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

No no no, it’s not a DMV school, it’s a Baltimore school. East Baltimore school to be exact. 

Just curious , how many Bmore kids are on this team and I'm talking players that make an impact in games not bench rides that just fill out the roster ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Just curious , how many Bmore kids are on this team and I'm talking players that make an impact in games not bench rides that just fill out the roster ? 

Well, the highest rated player is from Baltimore, and the kid that just won USA Today POW is from Baltimore. Off top of my head, I can think of five starters from Baltimore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Well, the highest rated player is from Baltimore, and the kid that just won USA Today POW is from Baltimore. Off top of my head, I can think of five starters from Baltimore. 

Ok, now let's dig a little deeper , were any of these home grown or transferred into SFA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

...and absolutely no DC area kids, right? 

No worries. I'm all for SFA. I think they should probably go independent, but I like what they're doing. Obviously support for some of the coaches. 

Why should they go Independent ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

No worries. I'm all for SFA. I think they should probably go independent, but I like what they're doing. Obviously support for some of the coaches. 

I bet you'll all for SFA, I doubt you even voted for the SFA POW....now tell me The DayWalker is wrong.

And independent you say for SFA, why?   And PLEASE don't say for reasons that very well apply to DeMatha, Saint John's, et al....

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

Ok, now let's dig a little deeper , were any of these home grown or transferred into SFA 

I’m only sure about two of them being at SFA the whole time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob A. said:

Why should they go Independent ? 

Just my opinion. No emotion involved. I have zero knowledge of what's going on behind he scenes. In reality, this is year #1 of the SFA/Poggi era. If they are rag dolling teams now, it's only going to get worse when they stack the classes. It's doing them no good to hammer teams every week. They should play a few top local teams(DM, SJC, McD,  etc...) per year and use the rest of their schedule to challenge themselves against like minded schools(IMG, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, etc...).

If what everyone is saying is true about dorms and pulling kids in from different states then SFA is not helping itself by staying in the MIAA-A. No disrespect to the MIAA-A. There are many years where it's a better league than the WCAC. It's one of the best football league's in the country, but putting out of state kids up in dorms so they can play football doesn't line up with the schools in the league IMO. I hear SJC is doing the same thing. If that's true, then I'd say the same thing about them. If you want to be an IMG, then play a schedule like IMG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ImHere4This said:

SFA deserves every recognition they get and so does any other team that is ranked.  

The whining and crying has been going on for 20 months now, I don't expect it to change. Many on here, especially in the private ranks, feel as though losing isn't fair. Just about every 'national team' is in a league, they just don't want SFA in theirs. It was cool when they were 2-9, not so much now. Losing sucks, as expressed by these handles hour after hour, day after day, month after month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, themamba said:

The whining and crying has been going on for 20 months now, I don't expect it to change. Many on here, especially in the private ranks, feel as though losing isn't fair. Just about every 'national team' is in a league, they just don't want SFA in theirs. It was cool when they were 2-9, not so much now. Losing sucks, as expressed by these handles hour after hour, day after day, month after month.

I don't think I will be here long. The whining and crying from grown a** men is unbearable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Just my opinion. No emotion involved. I have zero knowledge of what's going on behind he scenes. In reality, this is year #1 of the SFA/Poggi era. If they are rag dolling teams now, it's only going to get worse when they stack the classes. It's doing them no good to hammer teams every week. They should play a few top local teams(DM, SJC, McD,  etc...) per year and use the rest of their schedule to challenge themselves against like minded schools(IMG, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, etc...).

If what everyone is saying is true about dorms and pulling kids in from different states then SFA is not helping itself by staying in the MIAA-A. No disrespect to the MIAA-A. There are many years where it's a better league than the WCAC. It's one of the best football league's in the country, but putting out of state kids up in dorms so they can play football doesn't line up with the schools in the league IMO. I hear SJC is doing the same thing. If that's true, then I'd say the same thing about them. If you want to be an IMG, then play a schedule like IMG. 

The DayWalker suspect not only does Chevy Chase has ZERO behind the scenes knowledge of SFA but he knows nothing of SFA beyond what he reads here.  That is, I very seriously doubt if he has ever attended a SFA game; seen them play live, know names of ANY players on the team, any knowledge of former players, been to the school, or anything that could qualify as a foundation to offer an opinion.  But now he states yet another school needs to "...challenge themselves...."   Sounds familar sports fans????   Same ole lame hackneyed statement from the DC Sniper or what!!!!  What a quack DCSportsfan....  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ImHere4This said:

I don't think I will be here long. The whining and crying from grown a** men is unbearable.  

 

 

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ImHere4This said:

I don't think I will be here long. The whining and crying from grown a** men is unbearable.  

You don't know the half of it. I blame their parents for allowing this losing mentality to fester throughout their lives, and have a home where excuses are widely accepted. And to be frank, seemingly encouraged. 

I don't blame you for choosing not to participate with this foolishness and lunacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0