Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonsensback

As Democrats denounce Weinstein, Clintons and Obama stay mum

265 posts in this topic

Many Democratic office holders were quick to repudiate disgraced Hollywood executive Harvey Weinstein following a bombshell report detailing decades of alleged sexual harassment.

But former Democratic Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, as well as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- all of whom have longstanding ties to Weinstein, a major Democratic Party fundraiser -- have not publicly addressed the accusations.
Representatives for the Clintons have not responded to comment for this story, and Obama's office declined to comment. Clinton did not mention Weinstein during an appearance Monday night at the University of California, Davis, as part of her book tour, her first public appearance since the story broke.

The recent report in The New York Times cataloged accusations of sexual harassment against the filmmaker that spanned three decades. Three days after the report, Weinstein was fired by the company he co-founded.
Longtime Hillary Clinton aides have been confused by the former secretary of state's silence on the issue, questioning -- in private -- why she has not weighed in at all.

This will be a blast to see how this plays out and how long Harvey's money takers remain silent. 

Bill Clinton not commenting? You need that explained to you?

Obamas more delicate. Their daughter just got done interning for Weinstein company. Imagine being in their situation.

12 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Obamas more delicate. Their daughter just got done interning for Weinstein company. Imagine being in their situation.

They should be more vocal IMO. But I can't say how I would handle such situation, but I can say he would be dead to me for life.

Weinstein was a bundler for Obama as well, and the Hollywood giant visited the White House on several occasions during Obama's tenure. At a White House event for student films in 2013, first lady Michelle Obama credited Weinstein for making the event happen and praised him as a wonderful person and a good friend.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, who has been outspoken on the issue of sexual assault, also has not appeared to make any public statements about Weinstein since the report came out, and the Biden Foundation did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.
Several Democrats announced their intention to return donations received from Weinstein or donate them to charity in the wake of the Times report. But as a bundler, much of his work for campaigns was gathering up donations from others into large sums -- making potentially returning Weinstein's donations more complicated for politicians like Clinton and Obama.

Edited by jonsensback

I haven't heard Trump weigh in yet. I wonder why... He certainly isn't shy about expressing his opinions.

2 minutes ago, Rael said:

I haven't heard Trump weigh in yet. I wonder why... He certainly isn't shy about expressing his opinions.

He would just deflect the scorn from Weinstein and those who are silent to himself which I'm sure the left would love.

But that doesn't mean he won't be stupid enough to step in it.

Best thing he could do is to shut up and let it play and use it for future ammo if need be.

1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

He would just deflect the scorn from Weinstein and those who are silent to himself which I'm sure the left would love.

But that doesn't mean he won't be stupid enough to step in it.

Best thing he could do is to shut up and let it play and use it for future ammo if need be.

Trump's trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

When I mentioned the Obama daughter in the other thread about this creep, I was set upon like water on fire. Imagine that.

Liberals are still trying to figure out what they can say about Harvey and not betray the cause.

Harvey bought so many of them for so long that it is difficult for them to attack him openly. It's amusing to watch the liberals weighing their hypocrisy options. They[ve been strident in their denunciation of Trump but now that the other shoe has dropped they don't know what to do.

With the fall of another iconic figure to sexual misconduct, maybe women victims of other icons  will make their stories public. I'm sure there are lots of sweaty palms in offices and studios everywhere.

Go get 'em, girls!!! They got you, now it's your turn.

2 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

When I mentioned the Obama daughter in the other thread about this creep, I was set upon like water on fire. Imagine that.

Of course they did.  It looks like the jackals are in hiding now since even CNN is jumping on this with force.

Probably waiting for some talking points.

Has trump denounced the Repubs who have molested children in the past weeks.

6 minutes ago, retired said:

Liberals are still trying to figure out what they can say about Harvey and not betray the cause.

Harvey bought so many of them for so long that it is difficult for them to attack him openly. It's amusing to watch the liberals weighing their hypocrisy options. They[ve been strident in their denunciation of Trump but now that the other shoe has dropped they don't know what to do.

With the fall of another iconic figure to sexual misconduct, maybe women victims of other icons  will make their stories public. I'm sure there are lots of sweaty palms in offices and studios everywhere.

Go get 'em, girls!!! They got you, now it's your turn.

Yet the liberal media has been heartily calling him to task.

Unlike Fox News, which fired a woman who complained about Ailes.

8 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

Its fun to get you going.

Just now, hst2 said:

Its fun to get you going.

That's a new twist.

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Yet the liberal media has been heartily calling him to task.

Jackals!:mad:

8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Amazing how predictable you guys are.

Like water on fire!

9 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Amazing how predictable you guys are.

And here comes the talking points.

"you guys":D

So I guess CNN is now one of "you guys":D

Edited by jonsensback

It is progressive privilege.  Is anyone surprised?  

6 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

It is progressive privilege.  Is anyone surprised?  

It’s super rich white guy privilege.

If he were a republican he could be President 

Welcome back :)

Edited by soulflower

Just now, soulflower said:

Super rich black guys also.

Did you forget Bill Cosby?

54 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Yes, I would be furious at any and everyone that allowed my daughter near that man.  Of course most predators know to go after the weak and he didn't bother her.

But YES.  Obama and both Clintons should say something.  But not being in office or seeking office they don't have to.

6 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Welcome back :)

A progressive big money man for a democrat president or two.  

Progressives are against big money in politics and misogyny except for when they are the ones doing it.  

It the real world there is a word for this.   Fraud.  

9 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Super rich black guys also.

Did you forget Bill Cosby?

Okay that’s one exception 

2 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

A progressive big money man for a democrat president or two.  

Progressives are against big money in politics and misogyny except for when they are the ones doing it.  

It the real world there is a word for this.   Fraud.  

If you want to talk about campaign finance, start a new thread