As Democrats denounce Weinstein, Clintons and Obama stay mum

265 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Okay that’s one exception 

Kobe Bryant, Mike Tyson. 

1 minute ago, Rael said:

Kobe Bryant, Mike Tyson. 

Not the best examples since Bryant and Tyson were prosecuted 

Weinstein as far as I know has never been prosecuted for any of his abuses of women

55 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

When I mentioned the Obama daughter in the other thread about this creep, I was set upon like water on fire. Imagine that.

Considering what Bill Clinton did with an intern... this is normal progressive behavior.   Especially if bags of political cash are involved.  

These are the privileges that go with being a progressive money man.     

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

He would just deflect the scorn from Weinstein and those who are silent to himself which I'm sure the left would love.

But that doesn't mean he won't be stupid enough to step in it.

Best thing he could do is to shut up and let it play and use it for future ammo if need be.

He would probably say, but he's a good man. Like one of his cabinet who got canned.

50 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Amazing how predictable you guys are.

42 minutes ago, Norman said:

Like water on fire!

Wow, associated with the guy, took money from him .....

Yeah unrelated .....

6 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Considering what Bill Clinton did with an intern... this is normal progressive behavior.   Especially if bags of political cash are involved.  

These are the privileges that go with being a progressive money man.     

At first, they had to reassign the intern because she was hanging around Clinton too much. More than just deny the relationship, the intern pleaded with Linda Tripp perjure herself about her knowledge of the the affair.

Not particularly characteristic of a sexual assault case.

21 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Not the best examples since Bryant and Tyson were prosecuted 

Weinstein as far as I know has never been prosecuted for any of his abuses of women

He is about to be since this was the work of a NYPD sting investigation and victims are coming out like crazy. 

1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

He is about to be since this was the work of a NYPD sting investigation and victims are coming out like crazy. 

Good. He sounds like a major pervert

Oh for the love of God.  Sexual predators of any color, nationality, political view should be prosecuted and jailed.

This notion that sexual misconduct is the province of one party or the other is just plain stupid, unless you've been a coma for several decades. 

As for the money W has donated to various Dems and various causes, they should give the money to charities/services that support victims of sexual assault. 

2 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Oh for the love of God.  Sexual predators of any color, nationality, political view should be prosecuted and jailed.

This notion that sexual misconduct is the province of one party or the other is just plain stupid, unless you've been a coma for several decades. 

As for the money W has donated to various Dems and various causes, they should give the money to charities/services that support victims of sexual assault. 

Monies long gone. The point is it was allowed for it.

1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

No it's not.

And indeed.  Only the democrats take contributions from bad actors.  Who doesn't know that?

Childish nonsense. 

1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

Besides, he was a bundler, which means he had parties and got donations from others for Hillary, Obama or name the dem flavor.

Pretty hard to trace that money to him solely.  

1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

Bill Clinton not commenting? You need that explained to you?

Obamas more delicate. Their daughter just got done interning for Weinstein company. Imagine being in their situation.

Yes-turning one's 18 year old daughter over to a major perv has got to be disconcerting.

If only they had known about the guy's perversion it could have been avoided.

Thanks ashley.

7 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Yes-turning one's 18 year old daughter over to a major perv has got to be disconcerting.

If only they had known about the guy's perversion it could have been avoided.

Thanks ashley.

Disconcerting? Ya think?!?! My husband would have stroked out. 

While people are tripping over themselves trying to conflate Clintons/Obamas/Democrats with Weinstein, they are missing the bigger point.

Who do we know for certain knew about this?

Oh I imagine there were lots of rumors and any number of people had more than a slight suspicion.  But who ACTUALLY knew about it? His company.  They paid out 7 settlements to women who accused HW of sexual misbehavior/assault over the years.  So these clowns knew for sure.  I wouldn't worry about Clinton, I would go after these sleazes.  And by go after I mean both financially and criminally. 

Edited by ms maggie

1 minute ago, blowboatbethesda said:

R. Kelly.

And recently, Nelly

9 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

R. Kelly.

8 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

And recently, Nelly

The fact that they’ve all been arrested/prosecuted sort of misses the point I was making about rich guys who don’t get held accountable 

Perhaps the Black celebs you named aren’t wealthy enough to get away with it

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The fact that they’ve all been arrested/prosecuted sort of misses the point I was making about rich guys who don’t get held accountable 

Perhaps the Black celebs you named aren’t wealthy enough to get away with it

Cosby got away with for over 4 decades, so there goes that.

24 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Disconcerting? Ya think?!?! My husband would have stroked out. 

While people are tripping over themselves trying to conflate Clintons/Obamas/Democrats with Weinstein, they are missing the bigger point.

Who do we know for certain knew about this?

Oh I imagine there were lots of rumors and any number of people had more than a slight suspicion.  But who ACTUALLY knew about it? His company.  They paid out 7 settlements to women who accused HW of sexual misbehavior/assault over the years.  So these clowns knew for sure.  I wouldn't worry about Clinton, I would go after these sleazes.  And by go after I mean both financially and criminally. 

Amen!

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Cosby got away with for over 4 decades, so there goes that.

And I acknowledged that he is he exception 

Lastly, 62 million Americans voted to put a Sexual Harrasser in the White House. So the hypocrisy is all over the place right now

Just now, soulflower said:

And I acknowledged that he is he exception 

Lastly, 62 million Americans voted to put a Sexual Harrasser in the White House. So the hypocrisy is all over the place right now

Bill Clinton?

I think it was less than 62 mill, but I get your point, lastly;)

6 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Bill Clinton?

I think it was less than 62 mill, but I get your point, lastly;)

That was over 20 years ago. I don’t think Bill Clinton could win the Democratic nomination today. Times have changed.

The closest comparison is John Edwards who had to drop out of the Primaries after his sex scandal. 

4 minutes ago, soulflower said:

That was over 20 years ago. I don’t think Bill Clinton could win the Democratic nomination today. Times have changed.

The closest comparison is John Edwards who had to drop out of the Primaries after his sex scandal. 

Good point.... no problem giving the nod to his chief enabler tho.