Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonsensback

As Democrats denounce Weinstein, Clintons and Obama stay mum

265 posts in this topic

Not only was he a major bundler of campaign cash for Obama and Clinton but he's also hosted a series of fundraisers at his various homes around the country over the years. In 2013, he hosted then-President Barack Obama for a fundraiser at his New York City apartment. In 2012, Obama did a fundraiser for his re-election bid at Weinstein's home in Connecticut. During the 2016 campaign, Weinstein held a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign at his New York City apartment and another with fashion mogul Anna Wintour.

In 2013, first lady Michelle Obama praised Weinstein for his involvement in a student film symposium at the White House. "I want to start by thanking Harvey Weinstein for organizing this amazing day," she said. "Harvey. This is possible because of Harvey. He is a wonderful human being, a good friend and just a powerhouse."

Malia Obama, the couple's daughter, interned at The Weinstein Company before starting college at Harvard this year.

source

Nothing to see.  Move along.  

Progressive privilege.

2 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

source

Nothing to see.  Move along.  

Progressive privilege.

I could see it being an issue if Hillary Clinton were president or if Obama was currently the president. To call on has-beens to make a statement is stretching it a bit, don't you think? I mean, who cares?

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

I could see it being an issue if Hillary Clinton were president or if Obama was currently the president. To call on has-beens to make a statement is stretching it a bit, don't you think? I mean, who cares?

LOL the new talking point

Hillary isn't President

Obama isn't President anymore.

But Obama was  President when this was going on and Hillary has held high positions.

I personally don't care but you guys make a big deal out of Trumps associations.

And run with unsubstantiated stories a if they were real.

Edited by mcorioles

2 hours ago, soulflower said:

Not the best examples since Bryant and Tyson were prosecuted 

Weinstein as far as I know has never been prosecuted for any of his abuses of women

Yet.

Besides, the fact that they were prosecuted doesn't detract from the fact that their "status" gave them permission in their mind to do what they did. Kind of the modern definition of privilege. 

Edited by Rael

8 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

LOL the new talking point

Hillary isn't President

Obama isn't President anymore.

But Obama was  President when this was going on and Hillary has held high positions.

I personally don't care but you guys make a big deal out of Trumps associations.

And run with unsubstantiated stories a if they were real.

TRUMP IS POTUS. Duh..,,

Edited by Marshan Man

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

TRUMP IS POTUS. Duh..,,

Brilliant!

What bothers me as a father is that you would have thought someone in the industry would have warned the Obamas that sending her daughter to work for Harvey's company as an intern would not be good. It's not like it was a secret from what's coming out very far from it.

I have a good idea what type of parents they are and with that information, they wouldn't let that pos near their kids. 

43 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Ask yourself the same question with Democrats:rolleyes:

So any time a Politician speaks out on Sexual Abuse/Harrassment, it’s political? 

6 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

What bothers me as a father is that you would have thought someone in the industry would have warned the Obamas that sending her daughter to work for Harvey's company as an intern would not be good. It's not like it was a secret from what's coming out very far from it.

I have a good idea what type of parents they are and with that information, they wouldn't let that pos near their kids. 

Good point. To be fair, I’m not sure how involved HW is in day to day operations at his company. 

Unless she was assigned to be Weinstein’s personal assistant, I don’t know if people “in the know” would inform the Obamas

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Good point. To be fair, I’m not sure how involved HW is in day to day operations at his company. 

Unless she was assigned to be Weinstein’s personal assistant, I don’t know if people “in the know” would inform the Obamas

You are probably right.  All I read she was an intern to his company.

But you think about if Weinstein was left unchecked for years and everyone in Hollywood or NYC in the industry knew about it and did nothing, they wouldn't have the guts to tell the Obamas. 

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

But you think about if Weinstein was left unchecked for years and everyone in Hollywood or NYC in the industry knew about it and did nothing, they wouldn't have the guts to tell the Obamas. 

If power tripping was driving this behavior one would think he would know better than to go after the daughter of someone who is arguably the most powerful man on the planet at the time.

Wah wah wah.....but Clinton, Obama.

They want them to go away, but keep bringing them up............guess it's a way to not hold the bigot in the WH feet to the fire.

Wah wah wah......but Clinton, Obama

37 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Has-beens ..???

You calling Obama a has-been ..???

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

I can understand handing their 18 year old daughter over to a serial abuser and alleged violent rapist.....he is a "good friend" and a "wonderful human being" according to michelle.

1 minute ago, ODENTON said:

Wah wah wah.....but Clinton, Obama.

They want them to go away, but keep bringing them up............guess it's a way to not hold the bigot in the WH feet to the fire.

Wah wah wah......but Clinton, Obama

You so not funny ......

2 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Has-beens ..???

You calling Obama a has-been ..???

Yes. Haven't you heard? He's no longer the president. He is a private citizen.

Edited by ncbirdfan

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

Yes. Haven't you heard? He's no longer the president. He is a private citizen.

So people just call him Barak, not former President Obama ..???

Just now, stevez51 said:

So people just call him Barak, not former President Obama ..???

Sometimes your posts are just beyond...:huh:

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

So which is it.. is Hillary supposed to shut up and go away or not?

She's supposed to.....just refuses to do so.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

So which is it.. is Hillary supposed to shut up and go away or not?

Ask CNN, they wrote the article;)

1 minute ago, ncbirdfan said:

Sometimes your posts are just beyond...:huh:

:lol: I've said WT* at many of his post.

3 hours ago, soulflower said:

Okay that’s one exception 

As are:

Michael Jackson

R. Kelly

CeeLo Green

Kobe Bryant

Mike Tyson

Tupac Shakur