Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustMyThought

State Poll - Week 6

27 posts in this topic

Maryland High School Football Media State Poll

FREDERICK -- The Maryland High School Football State Poll, in its 28th year, is based on a statewide voting by sports reporters. Schools are ranked by points received. The number in parenthesis reflects first-place votes. LW is last week’s ranking. The rankings are compiled by Sheldon Shealer.

Rank, School, Record, Points, LW

1. St. Frances (12), 6-0, 300, 1
2. Wise, 6-0, 281, 3
3. Damascus, 6-0, 267, 5
4. DeMatha, 4-2, 265, 2
5. McDonogh, 4-2, 251, 4
6. Walkersville, 6-0, 250, 6
7. North Point, 6-0, 228, 7
8. Fort Hill, 6-0, 212, 10
9. Bullis, 5-0, 211, 11
10. Quince Orchard, 5-1, 183, 13
11. St. Mary’s Ryken, 6-1, 175, 9
12. Mount St. Joseph, 5-2, 152, 14
13. Good Counsel, 4-2, 138 12
14. Howard, 6-0, 133, 15
15. Broadneck, 6-0, 130, 16
16. Calvert Hall, 4-3, 125, 8
17. Franklin, 5-1, 120, 17
18. Archbishop Spalding, 3-2, 100, 19
19. Northwest, 5-1, 185, 18
20. Oakdale, 6-0, 77, 20
21. Northern Calvert, 6-0, 52, 23
22. North Caroline, 6-0, 52, 23
23. Chopticon, 5-1, 31, 24
24. Flowers, 6-0, 29, NR
25. Georgetown Prep, 4-1, 21, NR

Others Receiving Votes: Landon (5-0, 7 points), Middletown (5-1, 6), Suitland (6-0, 4), Gilman (2-4, 2), Linganore (4-2, 2), River Hill (6-0, 1).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvert Hall, way too high! Probably shouldn’t be ranked at all with 3 losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current public champions are still boss hogs in this opinion.  Come on publics, don't rollover!!!  The Daywalker wants his Box of Chocolates, unseat them all and show the world what MD publics are really like.  No one stays top dawg for long.  Well, 'cept for Fort Hill, Damascus, and Wise right now with Walkersville pushing its way in -- Damn!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Calvert Hall, way too high! Probably shouldn’t be ranked at all with 3 losses. 

Then Gilman shouldn't have received any votes with 4 losses in 6 outings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, B-BALL IN MOTION said:

No love...Smh.. No problem.  We’ll take what we want the old fashioned way.  #SayLess

1A Schools rarely get love unless defending champs(FH)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B-BALL IN MOTION said:

No love...Smh.. No problem.  We’ll take what we want the old fashioned way.  #SayLess

What love you give to my friend 40B!!!!!   NUTIN'  So you deserve no love.  You see what you've done to 40B!!!!!   Once a proud Knight 40b, now he sounds like he just want to say GoodNite.  He has been reduce to just only wanting to win a game against Poly that ain't happening this year.  It's a darn shame what you all have done to 40b starting with you BBalls....  :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 3:16 PM, JustMyThought said:

Maryland High School Football Media State Poll

FREDERICK -- The Maryland High School Football State Poll, in its 28th year, is based on a statewide voting by sports reporters. Schools are ranked by points received. The number in parenthesis reflects first-place votes. LW is last week’s ranking. The rankings are compiled by Sheldon Shealer.

Rank, School, Record, Points, LW

1. St. Frances (12), 6-0, 300, 1
2. Wise, 6-0, 281, 3
3. Damascus, 6-0, 267, 5
4. DeMatha, 4-2, 265, 2
5. McDonogh, 4-2, 251, 4
6. Walkersville, 6-0, 250, 6
7. North Point, 6-0, 228, 7
8. Fort Hill, 6-0, 212, 10
9. Bullis, 5-0, 211, 11
10. Quince Orchard, 5-1, 183, 13
11. St. Mary’s Ryken, 6-1, 175, 9
12. Mount St. Joseph, 5-2, 152, 14
13. Good Counsel, 4-2, 138 12
14. Howard, 6-0, 133, 15
15. Broadneck, 6-0, 130, 16
16. Calvert Hall, 4-3, 125, 8
17. Franklin, 5-1, 120, 17
18. Archbishop Spalding, 3-2, 100, 19
19. Northwest, 5-1, 185, 18
20. Oakdale, 6-0, 77, 20
21. Northern Calvert, 6-0, 52, 23
22. North Caroline, 6-0, 52, 23
23. Chopticon, 5-1, 31, 24
24. Flowers, 6-0, 29, NR
25. Georgetown Prep, 4-1, 21, NR

Others Receiving Votes: Landon (5-0, 7 points), Middletown (5-1, 6), Suitland (6-0, 4), Gilman (2-4, 2), Linganore (4-2, 2), River Hill (6-0, 1).

Where Would you rank them? They beat the #12 team 34-0 and losses were to the 

 

On 10/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Calvert Hall, way too high! Probably shouldn’t be ranked at all with 3 losses. 

Where would you rank them? They beat the # 12 team 34-0, lost to the #2 team by two points and the #1 team as close as anybody else. That's not going to hurt them. 

... Actually you might have a point losing to Gilman this year is like LSU losing to Troy or Oklahoma losing to Iowa State, bad loss, really bad loss. Good Point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But really!! Losing to Gilman is bad. Calvert Hall had one job BLOCK BOOKER!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 58Colts said:

Where Would you rank them? They beat the #12 team 34-0 and losses were to the 

 

Where would you rank them? They beat the # 12 team 34-0, lost to the #2 team by two points and the #1 team as close as anybody else. That's not going to hurt them. 

... Actually you might have a point losing to Gilman this year is like LSU losing to Troy or Oklahoma losing to Iowa State, bad loss, really bad loss. Good Point. 

But really!! Losing to Gilman is bad. Calvert Hall had one job BLOCK BOOKER!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HSFootballFan said:

But really!! Losing to Gilman is bad. Calvert Hall had one job BLOCK BOOKER!!!! 

Blocking Booker wouldn’t have stop Madison from getting close to 300 yards of offense and 4 TD’s. Gilman should be 2-0 in conference. They blew the MSJ game, they were definitely a better team. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Blocking Booker wouldn’t have stop Madison from getting close to 300 yards of offense and 4 TD’s. Gilman should be 2-0 in conference. They blew the MSJ game, they were definitely a better team. 

:D  You always talking about what Gilman should be,,,,,  What they are is SUCK, what 2 and 4!!!  Call the loss to MSJ even for your win over Episcopal you were fortunate to win.

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Calvert Hall, way too high! Probably shouldn’t be ranked at all with 3 losses. 

Says the one who thinks he knows every thing.  I'm curious to know why you are not a scout, coach, media reporter, etc... Oh I know, you too busy being a message board groupie and manager.  Some where in your life you f***ed up and now have nothing better to do besides put every team other than Gilman down and hop on any team that's number 1. Or maybe you have a son who never made it and now you mad at the world. I guess I'll be another one you block. I used to just read the board. News Flash: It's high school football and you stay in your feelings like a crying teenager who just lost her boyfriend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ImHere4This said:

Says the one who thinks he knows every thing.  I'm curious to know why you are not a scout, coach, media reporter, etc... Oh I know, you too busy being a message board groupie and manager.  Some where in your life you f***ed up and now have nothing better to do besides put every team other than Gilman down and hop on any team that's number 1. Or maybe you have a son who never made it and now you mad at the world. I guess I'll be another one you block. I used to just read the board. News Flash: It's high school football and you stay in your feelings like a crying teenager who just lost her boyfriend. 

We used to call these type of kids "jock sniffers". I went to college with one of these type of blokes. At least this fella turned it into an NFL TV show anchor and sports journalism career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ImHere4This said:

Says the one who thinks he knows every thing.  I'm curious to know why you are not a scout, coach, media reporter, etc... Oh I know, you too busy being a message board groupie and manager.  Some where in your life you f***ed up and now have nothing better to do besides put every team other than Gilman down and hop on any team that's number 1. Or maybe you have a son who never made it and now you mad at the world. I guess I'll be another one you block. I used to just read the board. News Flash: It's high school football and you stay in your feelings like a crying teenager who just lost her boyfriend. 

No reason to block you, you’re a loser that’s another non m’fing factor! I don’t acknowledge trolls. Welcome to the board, last time I will ever even look at one of your post. You got an issue, DM me, I don’t hide. Well known and not hard to find. You’re a CHC supporter? Ask Donald about me, he has my number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mop said:

We used to call these type of kids "jock sniffers". I went to college with one of these type of blokes. At least this fella turned it into an NFL TV show anchor and sports journalism career. 

Jock sniffer? Hahaha! I was 1st team All Metro at Gilman when I was there, FACTS!  I had the longest record in school history until it was broken last year. I had three school records when I left. What did you do at Loyola? What records do you or any of your kids hold at their respective schools? 

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I also own an MSA record. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be in track, not football, just don't get the vibe you were a banger or baller but hey I could be wrong. 

Edited by mop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mop said:

Must be in track, not football, just don't get the vibe you were a baller but hey I could be wrong. 

I was a baller in more than one sport, and had records in more than one sport at the school. If you know Tim Holley, ask him who was the best athlete he ever came across at Gilman(pre Cyrus Jones, who was the best athlete the school has ever witnessed). Now, he will also tell you that I was also the hardest to deal with as well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cyrus and some of the NFLers aside, the best in my era was Jimmy Wilkerson. Never thought of the Tech as a hoops school: Tony Guy, CHC fab five, Quentin D from Cardinal Gibbons were legit. Poly and CHC were the best in football with Gilman and Loyola sneaking in occasionally. Never a track guy: didn't believe in any sports without a sizable audience of the opposite gender. Did you play football?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mop said:

Cyrus and some of the NFLers aside, the best in my era was Jimmy Wilkerson. Never thought of the Tech as a hoops school: Tony Guy, CHC fab five, Quentin D from Cardinal Gibbons were legit. Poly and CHC were the best in football with Gilman and Loyola sneaking in occasionally. Never a track guy: didn't believe in any sports without a sizable audience of the opposite gender. Did you play football?  

Yes, I played football. I was Football, basketball and track. Gilman was a Football and lacrosse school, but Baltimore was and is a basketball city. Gilman had a very good basketball team when I was there, best in the B conference with Carver, multiple D-1 players. McD was also solid, not great. Had my Man Kurt Schultz there, before he transferred to DeMatha and went to play at Maryland. 

By the way, I played rec basketball for the Madison Buccaneers and ran track for Ed Waters in the summer time, and track had WAY MORE girls at the meets than basketball had at the games. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Yes, I played football. I was Football, basketball and track. Gilman was a Football and lacrosse school, but Baltimore was and is a basketball city. Gilman had a very good basketball team when I was there, best in the B conference with Carver, multiple D-1 players. McD was also solid, not great. Had my Man Kurt Schultz there, before he transferred to DeMatha and went to play at Maryland. 

By the way, I played rec basketball for the Madison Buccaneers and ran track for Ed Waters in the summer time, and track had WAY MORE girls at the meets than basketball had at the games. 

GA, We know you had serious game. Is it true that Chadwick Boseman not Denzel (too old) is playing you in the movie adaptation? It's a little like He got Game, but they're still deciding on the titles. 

I just want to be invited to the premier. A lot of those track groupies will be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Calvert Hall, way too high! Probably shouldn’t be ranked at all with 3 losses. 

I would agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2017 at 2:41 PM, ImHere4This said:

Says the one who thinks he knows every thing.  I'm curious to know why you are not a scout, coach, media reporter, etc... Oh I know, you too busy being a message board groupie and manager.  Some where in your life you f***ed up and now have nothing better to do besides put every team other than Gilman down and hop on any team that's number 1. Or maybe you have a son who never made it and now you mad at the world. I guess I'll be another one you block. I used to just read the board. News Flash: It's high school football and you stay in your feelings like a crying teenager who just lost her boyfriend. 

Certified clown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, DayWalker said:

Then Gilman shouldn't have received any votes with 4 losses in 6 outings.

True. Make that 2-5, after getting pounded, 50 to nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0