Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
workerbee

Thoughts on Vegas, and Why Men Keep Doing This

35 posts in this topic

https://byrslf.co/thoughts-on-the-vegas-shooting-14af397cee2c

"I’ll never forget April 20th, 1999.  I was 12 years old, sitting in art class in middle school. We were playing with clay and making sculptures.  Suddenly, our principal came on over the PA. Her voice trembled.   “I have an important announcement to make. All teachers and students need to hear this. I will wait 60 seconds for everyone to be completely silent.”"  “There is a shooting at Columbine high school. All students are to go home immediately.”  "Columbine was 15 minutes away from us."

"Over the past few years, I’ve found myself in the mental health space. I’ve learned a lot. Particularly that men in the United States REALLY struggle in this realm, and have very little social or emotional support. This affects men of every race and socioeconomic background."  
"Now, I’m not a psychiatrist. And I don’t know much about the Vegas shooter. I’m just a guy who studies mental health."  

1- Men in the United States are chronically lonely.  Read On
2- Men in the United States are deprived of play opportunities.  Read On

Whatever the case, these factors about mass shooters are often true:

1. They are deeply lonely. They have no significant friendships to rely on, and very few quality people to confide in.
  2. They experienced ongoing play deprivation. Their innate ability was crippled, and they struggle to maintain a healthy emotional connection with themselves and others.
  3. They are deeply ashamed. They experienced extreme ridicule, rejection, or humiliation.

There are 323,000,000 million people in the US

That means based on six sigma there are at least 500 certifiable psychopathic mass murderers out there with at least as much intelligence and resources as Paddock.

Decades and centuries ago - aberrant 3+ sigma outliers in conformity to societal rules and norms were killed or "disappeared"

We don't do that anymore, so -- the genes that code for nutjobs like Paddock are not culled 

FYSA -- his father was a Bank Robber diagnosed psychopathic with suicidal tendencies - that escaped prison twice.

Edited by karlydee2

Good article.

Interestingly, according to Hannah Arendt,chronically lonely people are more open to totalitarianism as well.

its not just 'men' shooting up schools and concerts and movie theaters

30 minutes ago, yeah said:

its not just 'men' shooting up schools and concerts and movie theaters

Yes it is, very few women are mass murderers.  

LAS VEGAS—In the hours following a violent rampage in Las Vegas in which a lone attacker killed more than 50 individuals and seriously injured 400 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Monday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Iowa resident Kyle Rimmels, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep these individuals from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.” 

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-57086

They've run this same article 5 times now. They're right. They'll run it again.

Everyone will feel so much better if they simply resign themselves to the fact that no one can stop this. It will happen again, and again, and again, and again.

Live your life to the fullest and hope you don't get shot and killed doing the things you enjoy. That's the American way.

12 minutes ago, naive said:

Everyone will feel so much better if they simply resign themselves to the fact that no one can stop this. It will happen again, and again, and again, and again.

Live your life to the fullest and hope you don't get shot and killed doing the things you enjoy. That's the American way.

Finally some common sense

This happens because of sin and evil; we need Christ in our country and world, now more than ever. Pray that souls will not go astray and fall into hell for eternity through their own actions.

3 hours ago, com6063 said:

This happens because of sin and evil; we need Christ in our country and world, now more than ever. Pray that souls will not go astray and fall into hell for eternity through their own actions.

Apparently the shooter had plenty of Christ in his life, as he would reportedly often lie in bed praising God.

Edited by Calamari

3 hours ago, com6063 said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

Do you get off disrespecting and making fun of a person's beliefs?  I just lost even the last little bit of respect I had for you.  Despicable.

1 minute ago, Smokey 1 said:

Do you get off disrespecting and making fun of a person's beliefs?  I just lost even the last little bit of respect I had for you.  Despicable.

I find it just as disrespectful to have those beliefs shoved in my face over and over again... and how you feel about me means less than nothing.  At least I don't argue in favor of folks who wanted to own other people.  THAT is despicable.

Just now, banner1124 said:

I find it just as disrespectful to have those beliefs shoved in my face over and over again... and how you feel about me means less than nothing.  At least I don't argue in favor of folks who wanted to own other people.  THAT is despicable.

No one shoved anything in your face.  And yes, what you did is despicable and low life.  And you get even lower by lying about my arguments in other threads.  

Just now, Smokey 1 said:

No one shoved anything in your face.  And yes, what you did is despicable and low life.  And you get even lower by lying about my arguments in other threads.  

Oh, so you've never made the self-determination argument?  Sorry, but you want to make that argument, and then disassociate yourself from what your argument really entails and you just can't have it both ways.  And saying we need Christ in our country and our world sure seems like shoving to me.

12 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Oh, so you've never made the self-determination argument?  Sorry, but you want to make that argument, and then disassociate yourself from what your argument really entails and you just can't have it both ways.  And saying we need Christ in our country and our world sure seems like shoving to me.

Where is it written that the right of self determination requires approval of slavery?  You absolutely can support one without supporting the other or is that too complicated a concept for you to understand?  Probably is. And how is com making a statement of his opinion shoving anything in your face?  It isn't.  Are all the other opinions stated on these pages being shoved in your face?

Edited by Smokey 1

34 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Where is it written that the right of self determination requires approval of slavery?  You absolutely can support one without supporting the other or is that too complicated a concept for you to understand?  Probably is. And how is com making a statement of his opinion shoving anything in your face?  It isn't.  Are all the other opinions stated on these pages being shoved in your face?

I'm not talking about the right in the abstract, I'm talking about it in the very specific situation of slavery and the CSA.  in that particular situation their right of self determination was inextricably linked to slavery and there's no way around it. The right of self-determination isnt absolute, especially when it involves taking away someone else's right of self determination.  But you don't see it that way in regards to the CSA.  Just own up to the fact that you're trying to have your cake and eat it too.  And all the other opinions aren't preachy.  Done with this stupid discussion.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

I'm not talking about the right in the abstract, I'm talking about it in the very specific situation of slavery and the CSA.  in that particular situation their right of self determination was inextricably linked to slavery and there's no way around it. The right of self-determination isnt absolute, especially when it involves taking away someone else's right of self determination.  But you don't see it that way in regards to the CSA.  Just own up to the fact that you're trying to have your cake and eat it too.  And all the other opinions aren't preachy.  Done with this stupid discussion.

Good, bye Felicia.  :lol::lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Good, bye Felicia.  :lol::lol::lol:

Good thing people like you were on the losing side of the war or we'd have never heard of that phrase :lol:

1 hour ago, banner1124 said:

He made one comment.  One.  How was is "shoved in our face over and over again?"

17 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

Guns make men feel "brave".

NO actually they make real men think about, relive, and ponder the lives they took with guns -- for the rest of their lives.

Killing someone that is threatening you or you buddy, or your family, or your country -- is a duty -- but it isn't easy -- and it surely isn't very brave to drop someone from 500 meters.

Knifing someone during an infiltration op is brave.

Using only a spear to kill a full grown adult wild hog is brave (stupid too -- I wouldn't do it -- I'd nail him with my 700)

Edited by Baltimatt
Language

47 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

He made one comment.  One.  How was is "shoved in our face over and over again?"

One comment on this thread.... it's a totality of those comments.  I will admit that my reaction to said comment was over the top, and uncalled for.

6 hours ago, com6063 said:

com6063 I think I should take a moment to apologize to you for my original comment to this post.  My response was indeed wrong and uncalled for.  I will be more respectful in the future.  I hope you accept my apology and forgive my insensitivity toward your beliefs.

6 hours ago, com6063 said:

this happens because people are flawed from birth....the truth is man has free will and will sometimes go astray....started in Eden and has been repeated often....sin and evil are nothing new and there is no chance thagt sin and evil will disappear unless man's freewill is taken away.....