Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
workerbee

Thoughts on Vegas, and Why Men Keep Doing This

78 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

com6063 I think I should take a moment to apologize to you for my original comment to this post.  My response was indeed wrong and uncalled for.  I will be more respectful in the future.  I hope you accept my apology and forgive my insensitivity toward your beliefs.

That was very nice, banner1124.

Thank you banner. I can respect a person that can admit they were a little...... "over the top".  

Edited by Smokey 1

4 hours ago, banner1124 said:

com6063 I think I should take a moment to apologize to you for my original comment to this post.  My response was indeed wrong and uncalled for.  I will be more respectful in the future.  I hope you accept my apology and forgive my insensitivity toward your beliefs.

No worries, banner. Thank you my friend!

Just think how nice and civilized this board would be if everyone could do as banner did and apologize when they screwed up.

11 hours ago, Sprightly said:

That was very nice, banner1124.

Big Amen!

54 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Just think how nice and civilized this board would be if everyone could do as banner did and apologize when they screwed up.

LOL 

Oh the irony.

Or if posters(you) didn't lie about other posters and not apologize.

Damn,you have no shame.

1 minute ago, mcorioles said:

LOL 

Oh the irony.

Damn,you have no shame.

I think you, and some others could learn a thing or two from Banner.

42 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

LOL 

Oh the irony.

Damn,you have no shame.

You are such a sad person.

27 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

You are such a sad person.

Was I referring to you???????? 

No.

What's sad is you following me around like a puppy.

Please put me on ignore.

1 hour ago, alienrace said:

I think you, and some others could learn a thing or two from Banner.

Another one who talks without knowledge .

I apologize when warranted .

Why comment on something you obviously know nothing about?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/las-vegas-gunman-ranted-about-government-plot-to-take-away-guns?ref=home

An unidentified man cited in the records says he met Paddock less than a month before the Oct. 1 massacre after posting an online ad offering devices to convert semi-automatic weapons to automatics, according to the Associated Press. He reportedly told law-enforcement officials Paddock had gone on a tirade about the military and government supposedly conspiring to disarm firearm owners and claimed Federal Emergency Management Agency “camps” set up for hurricane victims were “a dry run for law enforcement and military to start kickin’ down doors and... confiscating guns.”

I wonder if he realized that the massacre would take another step toward gun bans and control?

Or maybe he realized that gun sales spike after massacres.

In that case, maybe he wasn't as crazy as I think.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/las-vegas-gunman-ranted-about-government-plot-to-take-away-guns?ref=home

I wonder if he realized that the massacre would take another step toward gun bans and control?

Or maybe he realized that gun sales spike after massacres.

In that case, maybe he wasn't as crazy as I think.

Of course he did!  That's why this db story is bs!

Edited by workerbee

On 10/11/2017 at 8:59 PM, karlydee2 said:

NO actually they make real men think about, relive, and ponder the lives they took with guns -- for the rest of their lives.

Killing someone that is threatening you or you buddy, or your family, or your country -- is a duty -- but it isn't easy -- and it surely isn't very brave to drop someone from 500 meters.

Knifing someone during an infiltration op is brave.

Using only a spear to kill a full grown adult wild hog is brave (stupid too -- I wouldn't do it -- I'd nail him with my 700)

Taking a life with a gun makes a man a real man?

LMAO!!!!!

On 10/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, EgyptKang said:

Guns make men feel "brave".

Not just men. Humans. So does cocaine, alcohol, a powerful car, and in many cases the anonymity of a forum like this Sadly in many respects we are a very weak and unstable species.

14 minutes ago, Papi said:

Not just men. Humans. So does cocaine, alcohol, a powerful car, and in many cases the anonymity of a forum like this Sadly in many respects we are a very weak and unstable species.

That's true which is why we have the rule of law as a leveler.  Our constitution in fact is predicated on the fact that while all men may be equal some take more watching  than others.

31 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

That's true which is why we have the rule of law as a leveler.  Our constitution in fact is predicated on the fact that while all men may be equal some take more watching  than others.

Really, I think it is more of a restricting government thing especially the BOR.

1 hour ago, Papi said:

The comparison of guns to cocaine and alcohol would be an apt one.

20 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The comparison of guns to cocaine and alcohol would be an apt one.

Which is why I made it. Alcohol (resulting in drunk driving and other aberrant behaviors that kill and injure many people every year) is legal and regulated, and it's misuse is governed by laws. Perhaps if we legalized drugs and regulated their use (and simply had laws for their misuse) we would see less crime and get a better handle on addiction. Perhaps if we regulated guns more effectively (and had legal penalties for their misuse that were uniformly applied) perhaps we could get a better handle on shooting deaths and injuries. As a society we are very inconsistent in how we deal with things that cause massive human suffering. 

6 hours ago, zenwalk said:

He walked right into that one.

45 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

He walked right into that one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On 10/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, com6063 said:

This happens because of sin and evil; we need Christ in our country and world, now more than ever. Pray that souls will not go astray and fall into hell for eternity through their own actions.

Are you saying those who want Christ in their lives are not allowed?

46 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Are you saying those who want Christ in their lives are not allowed?

Uh, I don't think so?

26 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Uh, I don't think so?

Here in the US?  

Where?

11 hours ago, songfourone said:

Here in the US?  

Where?

Where what? I don't understand your question.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:53 PM, com6063 said:

This happens because of sin and evil; we need Christ in our country and world, now more than ever. Pray that souls will not go astray and fall into hell for eternity through their own actions.

Isn't Christianity practiced in our country and world now?

It is a shame that many of the Christians out there behavior anyway but Christian like, and as in your post.

Perhaps that is the bigger problem.