Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norman

Trump Wanted Tenfold Increase in Nuclear Arsenal

44 posts in this topic

Crazy, just plain crazy...

Trump Wanted Tenfold Increase in Nuclear Arsenal, Surprising Military

by COURTNEY KUBE, KRISTEN WELKER, CAROL E. LEE and SAVANNAH GUTHRIE

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.

Trump’s comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.

According to the officials present, Trump’s advisers, among them the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, were surprised. Officials briefly explained the legal and practical impediments to a nuclear buildup and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the build-up. In interviews, they told NBC News that no such expansion is planned

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/trump-wanted-dramatic-increase-nuclear-arsenal-meeting-military-leaders-n809701

The U.S. currently has around 4,000 nuclear warheads in its military stockpile, according to the Federation of American Scientists.

It was just after that meeting that Tillerson called Trump a 'moron'.

What's interesting is that...

1) a minority of voters decided it would be a good idea to elect a moron.

2) No one, including Tillerson, has disputed the fact that Tillerson called the president a moron.

3) No one, including Tillerson, seems to be willing to stand up and say that president actually is not a moron.

and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the build-up

Trump probably doesn't understand how technology works.  Kind of like how Marc Rubio complained how the US navy now is smaller than it was in WW1 completely ignoring the fact that a single guided missile destroyer could probably eliminate half the WW1 navy before they got into range to fire their guns.  :rolleyes:

Trump really does seem to have a rather bizarre obsession with nuclear weapons. 

50 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

2) No one, including Tillerson, has disputed the fact that Tillerson called the president a moron.

3) No one, including Tillerson, seems to be willing to stand up and say that president actually is not a moron.

The reports I'm hearing place another colorful word before moron.

51 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Trump really does seem to have a rather bizarre obsession with nuclear weapons. 

He's so stupid that he can only relate to the most basic concepts--size is one.  A three year old can tell you which cookie is bigger. 

1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

Strange isn't it....or not.

My best guess and theory.....that no one in Congress is doing jack mainly because...THEY know there is likely a possibility that they could screw themselves as the REAL story unwinds and get caught with there hand in the cookie jar. Both dems and reps. . NOT ALL but those that have a LOT of power....how do you think they got that way.

Muller on the other hand.....doesn't have that baggage ....and our best hope to get to the truth....be it good or bad.

9 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

He's so stupid that he can only relate to the most basic concepts--size is one.  A three year old can tell you which cookie is bigger. 

Will that be part of the IQ test that Carrot top keeps talking about? :lol:

12 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

I dunno.....generally my knee jerk reaction with Trump is .....if he says 'fake news' or it is a lie...well they aren't. Which is proven time and time and time and time again.

15 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

That tweet by the orange menace is the surest indication we could possibly have that the reporting is 100% accurate

Still crying about the election.

Not only do liberals cry and whine when they lose now ....they want to lie and change the rules.

Sad

Hardnosed newswoman Savannah Guthrie et al, reports this on the iron-clad word of no less than three unnamed officials.

Who are we to question her credentials and reporting acumen?

Such gravitas! A modern-day Walter Cronkite in heels, I tellya!

1 hour ago, michiganjoe said:

Trump is a known proven (time and time again) pathological liar.

Guthrie, Lee and Walker have not been shown to be pathological liars.

9 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Hardnosed newswoman Savannah Guthrie et al, reports this on the iron-clad word of no less than three unnamed officials.

Who are we to question her credentials and reporting acumen?

Such gravitas! A modern-day Walter Cronkite in heels, I tellya!

Actually, you're welcome to question their credentials if you like.  The Trump tweet you quoted though is down-right disturbing.

Just now, Norman said:

Actually, you're welcome to question their credentials if you like.  The Trump tweet you quoted though is down-right disturbing.

I'm not at all surprised either that a Trumpanzee wouldn't see just how disturbing that tweet is

Just now, Norman said:

I forget what actor had that speech about a "chill wind" when talking about the Bush Administration. I'm sure some execs at Comcast are feeling a chill in their spine right now.

3 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I'm not at all surprised either that a Trumpanzee wouldn't see just how disturbing that tweet is

Fake news needs to be eliminated by the government.  We need to follow the Trumpist example and get our news from Trump tweets, email chains and long run on paragraphs in facebook.  :mellow:

7 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Democracy Dies in Darkness. I agree.

So much of media has given up even a pretention of objectivity. I want to see the light and be ushered from the darkness. But a large collection of shamelessly biased reporters ain't getting it done.

24 minutes ago, Norman said:

How would you go about questioning the credentials of unknown people?

1 minute ago, volperdinger said:

Since you weren't able to follow along, Scags talked about questioning the authors credentials, they certainly aren't unknown.

22 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

I think Trump is the biggest *hole to come down the pike in a long time.

I don't like a lot of what he says and does. But I think he has a few legit points.

I will give one example. Here is a statement that I believe to be true: "One can be in favor of a strong southern border and not be a racist."

This notion will get zero play in the majority of media outlets. The idea will simply not be entertained.

15 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Welker has been a WH correspondent since 2011, Harvard educated.

Guthrie WH and Chief Legal correspondent, Georgetown J.D.

Carol E. Lee  WH correspondent and New York University school of journalism.

Courtney Kube Is a political science major from the University of Michigan, Courtney Kube is a former associate producer of Meet the Press who has been NBC's Pentagon producer.

Trump likes his base uneducated, and obviously clueless when it comes to beating themselves out of wet paper bags.

:D

Edited by songfourone

7 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Welker has been a WH correspondent since 2011, Harvard educated.

Guthrie WH and Chief Legal correspondent, Georgetown J.D.

Carol E. Lee  WH correspondent and New York University school of journalism.

Courtney Kube Is a political science major from the University of Michigan, Courtney Kube is a former associate producer of Meet the Press who has been NBC's Pentagon producer.

Trump likes his base uneducated, and obviously clueless when it comes to beating themselves out of wet paper bags.

:D

Oh! Wow! They got more degrees than a thermometer over there! lol

With all that book-larnin, you'd think they would care about journalistic integrity, maybe scare up a named source every now and then for their daily hit pieces.

6 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Oh! Wow! They got more degrees than a thermometer over there! lol

With all that book-larnin, you'd think they would care about journalistic integrity, maybe scare up a named source every now and then for their daily hit pieces.

You have any proof that any of these reporters have lied?  Cuz I got a bushelful that Trump lies daily.  Wanna see?