Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
songfourone

An absolutely maddening exchange between Sarah Sanders and the media

78 posts in this topic

 

 
 
 
 
An absolutely maddening exchange between Sarah Sanders and the media
 

 

Updated 9:36 AM ET, Wed October 11, 2017 

 
 
 
 
White House calls Trump's IQ comment a joke

 

 

White House calls Trump's IQ comment a joke 01:17

Washington (CNN)On Tuesday, amid chiding reporters for lacking a sense of humor about something that was not a joke, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders had the following exchange with One America News Network's Trey Yingst:

Yingst: "And I have one quick follow-up, Sarah, on taxes. The President repeated this claim in the Oval Office today, saying we're the highest-taxed nation in the world. Why does the President keep saying this? It's not true, overall."
Sanders: "We are the highest-taxed -- corporate tax in the developed economy. That's a fact."
Yingst: "But that's not what the President said."
 
 
Sanders: "That's what he's talking about. We are the highest corporate-taxed country in the developed economies across the globe."
Yingst: "Sarah, so that's accurate, but the President keeps repeating this claim that we're the highest-taxed nation in the world."
Sanders: "We are the highest-taxed corporate nation."
Yingst: "But that's not what he said. He said we're the highest-taxed nation in the world."
Sanders: "The highest-taxed corporate nation. It seems pretty consistent to me. Sorry, we're just going to have to agree to disagree."
This. Is. Maddening.
Let's start with what Trump said -- and just keep saying -- about US taxes. It's pretty simple: "We're the highest taxed nation in the world." 
That's not true -- as fact-checkers have said repeatedly. There's no way of crunching the numbers where the US is any higher than the 17th highest-taxed country in the world.
Edited by songfourone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She also said in response to Corker's criticism on Trump that he (Corker) is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts, then continued:

"President Trump's foreign policy has been the best and we have accomplished more than previous administrations."

Clearly not realizing her rebuttal was an opinion,not a fact.

The stupid is deadening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, even in terms of corporate tax it's only true on paper that we have the highest corporate tax, but not in actual corporate taxes paid because virtually NO corporation pays that rate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

He always uses the "joke" excuse - no one buys it anymore.

The Trumpanzees buy it hook, line and sinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, banner1124 said:

The Trumpanzees buy it hook, line and sinker

Well, no real people buy it anymore - alternative people buy it, of course. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

He always uses the "joke" excuse - no one buys it anymore.

Everyone says he is a joke.  Believe me.  The biggest joke ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's maddening is you libs trying to turn everythig into something its not.

 

So funny how the press wants to mince words and always going for the gotcha moment when a Repub is President.

 

THE MSM has been exposed for what they are liberal biased reporting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

What's maddening is you libs trying to turn everythig into something its not.

 

So funny how the press wants to mince words and always going for the gotcha moment when a Repub is President.

 

THE MSM has been exposed for what they are liberal biased reporting

What's funny is how you refer to the press wanting the president to say exactly what he means as "mincing words".  trump says what he says on purpose because when he gives that line about the US being the highest taxed nation in the world it doesn't matter whether he actually means corporate or not because he's intentionally trying to muddy the waters.  The people he's talking to don't make the distinction and that's precisely what he wants.  It's incredibly dishonest on his part and on the part of his administration and the press calling them out is not "mincing words"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yingst: "But that's not what the President said."

Sanders: "That's what he's talking about."
 
Why not simply correct donald, people around him seem afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The only way to explain the Trump base is that they live a more chaotic life than Trump,  uneducated, full of lies, cheating and from the looks of around here mentally unstable as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, songfourone said:

 

The only way to explain the Trump base is that they live a more chaotic life than Trump,  uneducated, full of lies, cheating and from the looks of around here mentally unstable as well.

LOL this is the ignorant mentality that got him elected.

 

Oh the irony.

Edited by mcorioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, songfourone said:

 

Who falls for this daily nonsense?

:lol:

Idiots and those blinded by hate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bawlmerian said:

Idiots and those blinded by hate

Which side ...???

The ones that have hated Trump since he stole their election .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

LOL this is the ignorant mentality that got him elected.

 

Oh the irony.

Ironic? Or tragic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Ironic? Or tragic?

I guess it depends on your ideology.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Which side ...???

The ones that have hated Trump since he stole their election .......

No, those that believe trump was going to:

-drain the swamp

-lock her up

-build that wall

And most of all believed that Trump cared one little tiny bit about the working men and women (in uniform or not).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

No, those that believe trump was going to:

-drain the swamp

-lock her up

-build that wall

And most of all believed that Trump cared one little tiny bit about the working men and women (in uniform or not).

 

Boom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL the Libs call Trump a failure after 9 months in office.

 

What did Obama do?

 

Bummer

 

BOOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

LOL the Libs call Trump a failure after 9 months in office.

 

What did Obama do?

 

Bummer

 

BOOM

Kicked Butt.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Barack_Obama's_presidency

Obama's accomplishments during the first 100 days included signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 relaxing the statute of limitations for equal-pay lawsuits;[7] signing into law the expanded State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP); winning approval of a congressional budget resolution that put Congress on record as dedicated to dealing with major health care reform legislation in 2009; implementing new ethics guidelines designed to significantly curtail the influence of lobbyists on the executive branch; breaking from the Bush administration on a number of policy fronts, except for Iraq, in which he followed through on Bush's Iraq withdrawal of U.S. troops;[8] supporting the UN declaration on sexual orientation and gender identity; and lifting the 7½-year ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.[9] He also ordered the closure of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, in Cuba, though it remains open, as well as lifted some travel and money restrictions to the island.[8]

At the end of the first 100 days 65% of Americans approved of how Obama was doing and 29% disapproved.[10] According to Gallup's First quarter survey in April, President Obama received a 63% approval rating. Gallup began tracking presidential approval ratings of the first quarters since Eisenhower in 1953. President Kennedy received the highest in April 1961 with a 74% rating. Obama's 63% is the fourth highest and the highest since President Carter with a 69%. President Reagan's first quarter had 60% approval in 1981, President George H.W. Bush with 57% in 1989, President Clinton with 55% in 1993, and President George W. Bush with 58% in 2001.[11]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bawlmerian said:

Kicked Butt.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Barack_Obama's_presidency

Obama's accomplishments during the first 100 days included signing the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 relaxing the statute of limitations for equal-pay lawsuits;[7] signing into law the expanded State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP); winning approval of a congressional budget resolution that put Congress on record as dedicated to dealing with major health care reform legislation in 2009; implementing new ethics guidelines designed to significantly curtail the influence of lobbyists on the executive branch; breaking from the Bush administration on a number of policy fronts, except for Iraq, in which he followed through on Bush's Iraq withdrawal of U.S. troops;[8] supporting the UN declaration on sexual orientation and gender identity; and lifting the 7½-year ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.[9] He also ordered the closure of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, in Cuba, though it remains open, as well as lifted some travel and money restrictions to the island.[8]

At the end of the first 100 days 65% of Americans approved of how Obama was doing and 29% disapproved.[10] According to Gallup's First quarter survey in April, President Obama received a 63% approval rating. Gallup began tracking presidential approval ratings of the first quarters since Eisenhower in 1953. President Kennedy received the highest in April 1961 with a 74% rating. Obama's 63% is the fourth highest and the highest since President Carter with a 69%. President Reagan's first quarter had 60% approval in 1981, President George H.W. Bush with 57% in 1989, President Clinton with 55% in 1993, and President George W. Bush with 58% in 2001.[11]

Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Seriously?

Just because you do not support his agenda does not mean he didn't get things done.  100 years from now (if we exist) Obama will be considered a great President.  Trump will always be a laughing stock and possibly the man who ended it all over ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0