Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
songfourone

An absolutely maddening exchange between Sarah Sanders and the media

78 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Which side ...???

The ones that have hated Trump since he stole their election .......

Is there anything you question concerning donald

Just now, Bawlmerian said:

Just because you do not support his agenda does not mean he didn't get things done.  100 years from now (if we exist) Obama will be considered a great President.  Trump will always be a laughing stock and possibly the man who ended it all over ego.

So after 9 months you know this.

If anything Obama's legacy will deteriorate.

1. Obama Care will collapse under its own weight......or it gets changed dramatically 

2. Iran will get the bomb.......but I know that will be Trumps fault.

3. His F P is and was a disaster

4.Race relations got worse

9 hours ago, songfourone said:

An absolutely maddening exchange between Sarah Sanders and the media

Updated 9:36 AM ET, Wed October 11, 2017 

White House calls Trump's IQ comment a joke

White House calls Trump's IQ comment a joke 01:17

Washington (CNN)On Tuesday, amid chiding reporters for lacking a sense of humor about something that was not a joke, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders had the following exchange with One America News Network's Trey Yingst:

Yingst: "And I have one quick follow-up, Sarah, on taxes. The President repeated this claim in the Oval Office today, saying we're the highest-taxed nation in the world. Why does the President keep saying this? It's not true, overall."
Sanders: "We are the highest-taxed -- corporate tax in the developed economy. That's a fact."
Yingst: "But that's not what the President said."

Sanders: "That's what he's talking about. We are the highest corporate-taxed country in the developed economies across the globe."
Yingst: "Sarah, so that's accurate, but the President keeps repeating this claim that we're the highest-taxed nation in the world."
Sanders: "We are the highest-taxed corporate nation."
Yingst: "But that's not what he said. He said we're the highest-taxed nation in the world."
Sanders: "The highest-taxed corporate nation. It seems pretty consistent to me. Sorry, we're just going to have to agree to disagree."
This. Is. Maddening.
Let's start with what Trump said -- and just keep saying -- about US taxes. It's pretty simple: "We're the highest taxed nation in the world." 
That's not true -- as fact-checkers have said repeatedly. There's no way of crunching the numbers where the US is any higher than the 17th highest-taxed country in the world.

That may or maynot be true...

But here is the real question; What is the return on tax dollar to those citizens in the upper 16 countries?

Do they have 'free' health care cradle to grave? Do they have months of paid leave for a birth? Do they have 3 months off a year...paid vacation. Do they have GREAT mass transit?

So what is the ratio...give or tax me so you can give me....those things...hey take my wallet...

7 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

1. Obama Care will collapse under its own weight......or it gets changed dramatically 

1.  If it collapses it will be because of lack of support and funding from a man & party that put politics ahead of lives.

2. Indeed.  Yes.  The lack of a coherent foreign policy may lead to an Iranian nuclear power.  Less scary than Trump.

3. Take that and reverse it.

4.  Yes, Obama and the sane people underestimated the power of fear and ignorance 

Edited by Bawlmerian

Just now, Bawlmerian said:

1.  If it collapses it will be because of lack of support and funding from a man & party that put politics ahead of lives.

2. Indeed.  Yes.  The lack of a coherent foreign policy may lead to an Iranian nuclear power.  Less scary that Trump.

3. Take that and reverse it.

4.  Yes, Obama and the sane people underestimated the power of fear and ignorance 

Called that one.

8 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Don't kid yourself. Trump is undermining the ACA. His whole shtick is divisiveness (have you really not noticed?) and that includes race (NFL? Really?).

I don't particularly care if Iran gets the bomb. 

"F P"?

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Don't kid yourself. Trump is undermining the ACA. His whole shtick is divisiveness (have you really not noticed?) and that includes race (NFL? Really?).

I don't particularly care if Iran gets the bomb. 

"F P"?

Foreign Policy

1 minute ago, mcorioles said:

Foreign Policy

Actually, it could have been worse, as we will surely soon see. Actually, as we are seeing now. 

Edited by hst2

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Actually, it could have been worse, as we will surely soon see. Actually, as we are seeing now. 

So that's the barometer for a great President "it could be worse"

Low expectations make you weak.........a very wise man once said.

Just now, mcorioles said:

So that's the barometer for a great President "it could be worse"

Low expectations make you weak.........a very wise man once said.

I didn't say he was a great president. You criticized his foreign policy, I said it could have been worse, and is getting worse. 

Talk of low expectations from a Trump supporter is rich in irony.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

I didn't say he was a great president. You criticized his foreign policy, I said it could have been worse, and is getting worse. 

Talk of low expectations from a Trump supporter is rich in irony.

I support the President.

I support the President.

I gathered that.

That's different than supporting Trump,

I guess i'm just noticing it now.

26 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I guess i'm just noticing it now.

I've said many times I didn't vote for him.Why would I lie? 

Ive been critical of him on here often.

Twice today as a matter of fact.I get it.Its human nature to overlook the things you agree with.....that's no fun😀

I like that he's not a politician.......I could do without all the personal attacks and the way he says things.

I mean he's giving up his salary,noble.

Didnt he donate a million personally to PR? I thought I heard that ,not sure.

I love that Dems and Repubs don't like him........that should intrigue anyone regardless of ideology,no?

The problem is though it's tough to get anything done.

Believe it or not I'm a believer when he says drain the swamp.....he wasn't just talking about Dems.

He's dangerous alright......not just in the way you think he is.

Another wise man once said.......".Sometimes you have to destroy......in order to create".

Edited by mcorioles

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

I've said many times I didn't vote for him.Why would I lie? 

Ive been critical of him on here often.

Twice today as a matter of fact.I get it.Its human nature to overlook the things you agree with.....that's no fun😀

I like that he's not a politician.......I could do without all the personal attacks and the way he says things.

I mean he's giving up his salary,noble.

Didnt he donate a million personally to PR? I thought I heard that ,not sure.

I love that Dems and Repubs don't like him........that should intrigue anyone regardless of ideology,no?

The problem is though it's tough to get anything done.

Believe it or not I'm a believer when he says drain the swamp.....he wasn't just talking about Dems.

He's dangerous alright......not just in the way you think he is.

Another wise man once said.......".Sometimes you have to destroy......in order to create".

https://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/confirmation+biashttps://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/confirmation+bias

I don't like or trust doctors.I think they are all crooks. I prefer a non medical person to operate on me. The NFL is full of traitors. I would rather watch non professional baseball players play football.

Trump 'says' he is giving up his salary. A political stunt from a billionaire below 40% approval using taxpayer money. You will never hear anything about it again. A million dollars from a billionaire is not too far from throwing paper towels and again, what proof or evidence is there that he did?

I think he's more dangerous than most people realize. He's not clever, he's not astute and he's no intellectual.

A wise woman said...."Don't watch what he says watch what he does."

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

A few millennium after Trump there might be life again.

2 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

I like most of your posts.

Hyperbole doesn't become you. 

1 minute ago, blowboatbethesda said:

I like most of your posts.

Hyperbole doesn't become you. 

If you don't think a nuclear apocalypse is a realistic possibility you are not paying attention.  

PS: In a nuclear war all of the unborn babies die too.

Edited by Bawlmerian

11 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

That's the kind of rhetoric that got him elected.

33 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

That's the kind of rhetoric that got him elected.

You love to repeat that but it is just not true.  He got elected because he appealed to scared white people.

7 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

You love to repeat that but it is just not true.  He got elected because he appealed to scared white people.

And they were stupid enough to fall for "build a wall".

:rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

That doesn't even make sense.

No,its what I said coupled with the most unlikeable,lying by the numbers candidate you put up.

Scared white people?

Like the white people that got Obama elected.

Always about race with you guys.......you can add that to the list too.