Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
songfourone

Trump’s threat to NBC’s license is the very definition of Nixonian

93 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Tenfold was merely shorthand for the size of the increase he wanted. I don’t see how the narrative was changed from reasonable to nuts. The point of the story, the reason why Tillerson called him a moron, is clear.

Perhaps, but if he said improve and they said ten-fold that is quite a difference. I think it is reasonable to say that we must improve our arsenal. I think it is nuts to say that we should go from having 4500 nukes to 45000. You really can't see why one sounds ok and one sounds nuts?

12 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Donald Duck :D

I was talking to my niece's husband the other day. He is a big Trump supporter and he was trying to claim that Europeans think Trump is doing a great job in America.  Would it be okay if I told him about your experiences?   He probably won't believe me but I would like to share them with him.

Feel free. The other interesting thing is that the few other Americans we encountered in our travels (a couple having breakfast at our hotel in Rothenburg, a couple in a pub in London who were also sad Ravens fans, and two ladies in a cafe in France) all described the same thing, and how embarrassed they were for having to admit that we elected the moron. :o

19 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Donald Duck :D

I was talking to my niece's husband the other day. He is a big Trump supporter and he was trying to claim that Europeans think Trump is doing a great job in America.  Would it be okay if I told him about your experiences?   He probably won't believe me but I would like to share them with him.

If your nieces husband is anything like most Trump supporters....you are likely wasting oxygen. But good luck. Most all here and who I know have a full set of Fonz 'I am wwroo  wwrooon...I am wwwron' shots. :D

7 minutes ago, Papi said:

Feel free. The other interesting thing is that the few other Americans we encountered in our travels (a couple having breakfast at our hotel in Rothenburg, a couple in a pub in London who were also sad Ravens fans, and two ladies in a cafe in France) all described the same thing, and how embarrassed they were for having to admit that we elected the moron. :o

It's kinda sad when you think about it.  It now appears we've become a laughing stock among average people.

2 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

Welcome home, Papi.  Hope you had a nice trip.  Some people will never believe your experiences in Europe concerning Trump. 

I Have no doubt they hate Trump in Europe .

6 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I Have no doubt they hate Trump in Europe .

Reading Papi's posts I didn't get the impression that they hate Trump as much as they think he is a joke.

28 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Reading Papi's posts I didn't get the impression that they hate Trump as much as they think he is a joke.

I think his anti-globalism is the main reason his agenda isn't "appreciated" in Europe. He does make himself an easy target with the stupid stuff he say's for the "Euroes". 

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Welcome back Papi.....!

Glad to be back - for the most part. :lol:

31 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think his anti-globalism is the main reason his agenda isn't "appreciated" in Europe. He does make himself an easy target with the stupid stuff he say's for the "Euroes". 

That and he wants them to pay their way ......

12 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Yeah that's why they are laughing at him and wondering how we could have elected him. 

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

Yeah that's why they are laughing at him and wondering how we could have elected him. 

Laughing because they don't want to pay up ..???

5 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

That's true as well.  Usually the discourse on here is more about personality than anything else. That's why anytime you have the same position as Trump on any issue you gonna get jumped on. 

Just now, mrdeltoid said:

That's true as well.  Usually the discourse on here is more about personality than anything else. That's why anytime you have the same position as Trump on any issue you gonna get jumped on. 

All you need to do is question what is posted on here and you get jumped on.

2 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Yeah but in France they think Jerry Lewis was a genius! :P

Just now, stevez51 said:

All you need to do is question what is posted on here and you get jumped on.

WHADDYA MEAN BY THAT CRACK!?!? ;)

Oops, my bad, I forgot Americans are the bestest of the best because we elected the bestest of the best and those stupid Europeans don't know what they're talking about.