Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

White House Aides Worry That Trump is "Unraveling"

83 posts in this topic

The most important story in the world right now is whether or not the president of the United States is fit for office

It brought into the open what several people close to the president have recently told me in private: that Trump is “unstable,” “losing a step,” and “unraveling.”

The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern.

IIn recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

One former official even speculated that Kelly and Secretary of Defense James Mattis have discussed what they would do in the event Trump ordered a nuclear first strike. “Would they tackle him?” the person said. Even Trump’s most loyal backers are sowing public doubts. This morning, The Washington Post quoted longtime Trump friend Tom Barrack saying he has been “shocked” and “stunned” by Trump’s behavior.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Good Lord. So he’s not already completely unraveled??

My first thought too

The story is entirely consistent with what we have heard from GOP Senator Corker

And this from GOP congressman Dent

“I will be bold. A lot of these comments from the president have been disquieting to say the least,” Dent said. “And I’m glad that Sen. Corker has brought voice to this.”

Dent said his fellow Republicans in the House and Senate are concerned by the “dysfunction, disorder and chaos” in Trump’s White House.

“We have these conversations all the time, and we have to do better,” Dent said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/354637-gop-lawmaker-defends-corker-more-republicans-should-speak-out-against-trump

The president is erratic, unstable, and not fit for the office

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Good Lord. So he’s not already completely unraveled??

Hard to believe, right?

On a daily basis, Trump exhibits behavior that I would not accept in a child. But he all grown up now!

Kelly has his hands full trying to contain crazy.

"A White House in crisis" hell it's been that way from day one with this administration.

Is Donald Trump fit to be president? This is the question that you must ask yourself.

I hope we don't get used to Donald Trump style presidents. I hope he doesn't become the norm. I don't think he will, but I didn't think he'd win either.

It's amazing, all the posters on here that consistently excuse and defend Trump, yet deny having voted for him.

2 minutes ago, songfourone said:

It's amazing, all the posters on here that consistently excuse and defend Trump, yet deny having voted for him.

You seem to be one that tosses out a lot of words but consistently says little or nothing of relevance. Emoticons not included. 

13 minutes ago, songfourone said:

They all voted for the third party that got no votes

14 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

You seem to be one that tosses out a lot of words but consistently says little or nothing of relevance. Emoticons not included. 

Pertinent observation.....

;)

Is trump unspooling?

I've seen enough erratic behavior on his part to think it likely.

What we need is a way to remove him from office.....anybody check the constitution? I'll bet it's in there somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Is trump unspooling?

What we need is a way to remove him from office.....anybody check the constitution? I'll bet it's in there somewhere.

Here's a thought, Johnny, not original, but just a thought, The guy just may quit. resign. Kinda like a reverse "The Apprentice."

Pence will take over, the status quo will be returned, the "swamp will refill," <sarcasm> </sarcasm> and possibly North Korea and Iran will survive to fight another day. :)

I'm not gonna double down just yet, but i'll go with the long odds.  B)

Seriously, whatduya think? 

5 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Here's a thought, Johnny, not original, but just a thought, The guy just may quit. resign. Kinda like a reverse "The Apprentice."

Pence will take over, the status quo will be returned, the "swamp will refill," <sarcasm> </sarcasm> and possibly North Korea and Iran will survive to fight another day. :)

I'm not gonna double down just yet, but i'll go with the long odds.  B)

Seriously, whatduya think? 

I'm not sure ego would allow that, although it can't be ruled out.

Regardless, pence moves up the food chain.

Trump quitting would be ideal but he would only do it in a way that allows him to declare 'my work here is done' and I don't see how he can say that right now.

3 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

I'm not sure ego would allow that, although it can't be ruled out.

Regardless, pence moves up the food chain.

Thanks for the comment, and i agree.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Trump quitting would be ideal but he would only do it in a way that allows him to declare 'my work here is done' and I don't see how he can say that right now.

"Health reasons"....maybe.

But that would be admitting a weakness.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Trump views everything through Trump goggles.

44 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Is trump unspooling?

Are you joking? In addition to impeachment there's the 25th amendment

13 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Trump views everything through Trump goggles.

As much as i dislike the man, Hillary goggles would have been twice as ugly, even after 2 am.

3 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Are you joking? In addition to impeachment there's the 25th amendment

Yes, if the office of the president is vacant incapacitated, etc...

Um, wait, just what are you saying?