Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoyinMudville

White House Aides Worry That Trump is "Unraveling"

83 posts in this topic

It may be happening as we speak (the tipping point, that is).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limbaugh-suggests-trump-acting-005634898.html

If he loses Limbaugh, it could be trouble. 

Rush Limbaugh Suggests Trump Is Acting like a Dictator and Is Making Him 'Nervous'

Donald Trump’s comments about the NFL are starting to make Rush Limbaugh feel nervous, the conservative radio host said on his show Wednesday.

Limbaugh, who has previously expressed his concern about Trump’s tweets, made his feelings on the president’s interference in the ongoing NFL protests clear on his show.

"There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from," he said.

Edited by Rael

Trumpists will be along shortly to declare Limbaugh is part of the Establishment and that's why they support Trump. 

Do they use a stunt double for Trump's public appearances? Because whoever that is shows no signs of unraveling or any other such thing, he seems quite relaxed, comfortable and Presidential. If its not a double, he sure can get it together for the cameras. 

2 hours ago, Rael said:

It may be happening as we speak (the tipping point, that is).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rush-limbaugh-suggests-trump-acting-005634898.html

If he loses Limbaugh, it could be trouble. 

of course you didn't listen to the show, Rush, neither yesterday when he said it or today- yesterday as he said it,  he predicted the media would slectively quote him and state Rush was deserting Trump and he said nothing of the sort-- Rush is talking about it as I type this, give it a listen-- or, no, never listen to the source, just wait until the other media tells you what happened. 

Edited by Saticon3

Just now, Saticon3 said:

Do they use a stunt double for Trump's public appearances? Because whoever that is shows no signs of unraveling or any other such thing, he seems quite relaxed, comfortable and Presidential. If its not a double, he sure can get it together for the cameras. 

What? You mean public figures act differently in public than in private? Surely you jest.

4 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

What? You mean public figures act differently in public than in private? Surely you jest.

well I would think someone as off the rails as you all say Trump is would have a tough time hiding it with all the public exposure the job entails.

7 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

of course you didn't listen to the show, Rush, neither yesterday when he said it or today- yesterday as he said it,  he predicted the media would slectively quote him and state Rush was deserting Trump and he said nothing-- Rush is talking about it as I type this, give it a listen-- or, no, never listen to the source, just wait until the other media tells you what happened. 

I realize that you will be the last person off the train (perfect example of confirmation bias). I predict by this time next year you will have a whole lotta room to spread out on that train. I would imagine that Rush probably was selectively quoted. I also believe even the fact that he is discussing it is another weakness in the armor. There will come a time when it will no longer be seen as an advantage to be Trump's ally by a majority of Republican congress critters. When it happens, it will happen quickly. It starts off with a few. A McCain (what does he have to lose) here, a Flake there. In come Corker, now Sasse. It will eventually be a flood. 

Edited by Rael

Just now, Saticon3 said:

well I would think someone as off the rails as you all say Trump is would have a tough time hiding it with all the public exposure the job entails.

That's the thing - he doesn't hide it. 

Just now, Rael said:

I realize that you will be the last person off the train (perfect example of confirmation bias). I predict by this time next year you will have a whole lotta room to spread out on that train. I would imagine that Rush probably was selectively quoted. I also believe even the fact that he is discussing it is another weakness in the armor. There will come a time when it will no longer be seen as an advantage to be Trump's ally be a majority of Republican congress critters. When it happens, it will happen quickly. It starts off with a few. A McCain (what does he have to lose) here, a Flake there. In come Corker, now Sasse. It will eventually be a flood. 

Rush doesn't agree with everything Trump says and does, I don't agree with everything Trump says and does, nor with everything Rush says and does. I guess you guys don't get that, where one can overall be in support of a President but not be in full agreement with everything he says and does. But there is not a day where I don't wake up and thank the stars that Hillary is not President.   Next year about this time ( well, a month or so later) we will have a handful of more R Senate -elects of the Trump side and then you guys will really be screaming . Don't believe it, sure, but you never believed trump would win either.

11 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

of course you didn't listen to the show, Rush, neither yesterday when he said it or today- yesterday as he said it,  he predicted the media would slectively quote him and state Rush was deserting Trump and he said nothing-- Rush is talking about it as I type this, give it a listen-- or, no, never listen to the source, just wait until the other media tells you what happened. 

Well, since you were correct regarding Rush's show I went and took a look. How much context do you need before you cannot say it is "out of context"?

http://dailyrushbo.com/

RUSH: I have to share one more thing with you. There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this. I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from.

Trump is continually tweeting — I know what he’s doing, and I understand why he’s doing it, and his motives are pure; don’t misunderstand. But I don’t think that it is useful or helpful for any employee anywhere to be forced to do something because the government says they must. That scares hell out of me. This should come from the league, as it looks like Goodell wants it to. The owners should be demanding this, not the president. The commissioner should be demanding this, not the president.

We don’t want the president being able to demand anybody that he’s unhappy with behave in a way he requires. That’s scary to me, even if the president’s somebody I happen to like. This is a workplace issue. It’s the owners and the league that let this get out of hand because they didn’t know how to deal with it or were afraid to.

1 minute ago, Rael said:

Well, since you were correct regarding Rush's show I went and took a look. How much context do you need before you cannot say it is "out of context"?

http://dailyrushbo.com/

Wow he's actually right.

3 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

Rush doesn't agree with everything Trump says and does, I don't agree with everything Trump says and does, nor with everything Rush says and does. I guess you guys don't get that, where one can overall be in support of a President but not be in full agreement with everything he says and does. But there is not a day where I don't wake up and thank the stars that Hillary is not President.   Next year about this time ( well, a month or so later) we will have a handful of more R Senate -elects of the Trump side and then you guys will really be screaming . Don't believe it, sure, but you never believed trump would win either.

About what things do you disagree with Trump?

By the way, when you say "you guys" it implies that you are discussing this with a monolithic audience. I am, and always have been, a conservative. It is upon my conservative principles that I find most of my disagreements with Trump. I think in the long run he will dramatically hurt the cause of conservatism. Well, that and he is just generally a disgusting human being. 

Trump has never come to the game with a full deck from the very beginning.

This is the same person presented to us over a year leading up to his election. I see no change in his demeanor.

What has changed and what is now clear is that liberals have run through the 5 stages of grief and have proceeded to End-stage TDS.

1 minute ago, Scaggsville said:

This is the same person presented to us over a year leading up to his election. I see no change in his demeanor.

What has changed and what is now clear is that liberals have run through the 5 stages of grief and have proceeded to End-stage TDS.

We'll survive it and come out a better country for it, in a few years.

Int the meantime: TDS,  like gambling and alcohol addiction is a treatable illness. For help, call 1-DON-MAGA.  ;):D

21 minutes ago, Rael said:

About what things do you disagree with Trump?

By the way, when you say "you guys" it implies that you are discussing this with a monolithic audience. I am, and always have been, a conservative. It is upon my conservative principles that I find most of my disagreements with Trump. I think in the long run he will dramatically hurt the cause of conservatism. Well, that and he is just generally a disgusting human being. 

The Trumpists only understand black and white.  If you ever criticize their dear leader, you're obviously a hardcore liberal and such.

9 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

The Trumpists only understand black and white.  If you ever criticize their dear leader, you're obviously a hardcore liberal and such.

Link?

Never mind..it was rhetorical.

Now unraveling?? This idiot has been unraveling since the beginning.

McOriole, you said you disagree with Trump on some issues. What would they be?

1 hour ago, Scaggsville said:

Actually, some people have noted that if you watch interviews with him from 20 years ago it seems as if his speech patterns have deteriorated which feeds the speculation that he's not at all well.

Now unraveling?? This idiot has been unraveling since the beginning.

I agree. He has been several bricks shy of a load for his entire public life. Full disclosure. America bought in.

Edited by Scaggsville

13 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

Actually, some people have noted that if you watch interviews with him from 20 years ago it seems as if his speech patterns have deteriorated which feeds the speculation that he's not at all well.

Oh dear! This is alarming. Why didn't you present this evidence earlier? This is an open and shut case and the very reason Amendment 25 was adopted.

If you listened to what Rush said, you would realize he's not at all deserting Trump nor really even criticizing Trump-- what makes him nervous is the concept that may be bolstered by the way this unfolded, held by many in the population, that The president -or government in general- has any right in telling a private business how to run their business, except for necessary regulations with compelling public interest.  I happen to share that concern. I said before, Trump has won on the anthem/NFL issue and should now just stay out of it. He called attention to it and focus on it and perhaps set the tide in motion, but the NFL should not acquiesce becasue the President told them to do so, but rather becasue they are doing what the bulk of their customers want them to do- and that is what's occurring.  I Happen to share that position. 
On another note, I also disagree with Trump and wish he never had broached the subject of using government power against NBC or any of the press. For one, as its been pointed out, networks aren't even licensed and its not clear what if any real power government has over them- which they should not have any power over them.  The press is doing a thoroughly good job of discrediting themselves every day and while it's good for trump to call them out, he certainly should not be even raising the spectre of government regulation over the press- or business in general, again, excluding the regulations deemed necessary and compelling.  I notice the more extreme bizarre stories now coming out at a seemingly faster pace- they had died down recently as had the 25th amendment talk-- so I'm guessing the fingers in the wind are saying don't place too much faith in Mueller taking out Trump, better revert back to plan B which we tried before, but abandoned in favor of Mueller;  When all you got's the DOSSIER - and I understand Mueller's interviewed Steele, which means he now knows there's no one out there that can verify any of the dossier--- you ain't got much-- like nothing.  Or, hey, let's go back into his taxes ten years ago maybe that'll work!  

Now, if I was the go to leader of the voice of conservatives, no doubt, all the news would be full of headlines  "Saticon deserting Trump", but, alas, I don't command such attention and respect. 

Please don't take this the wrong way, i'm not defending or criticizing Trump, Bill Gates, Kevin Plank, Hugh Hefner,Jeff Bezos or anyone else  But wasn't a study done a few years ago that indicated that most highly successful  CEO/ big business owners displayed compensated or adjusted sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies?  :)

Trump has all those black millionaires kneeling at his command.  Never thought I'd ever see that.  He's done a tremendous job in healing the shattered race relations left by his predecessor.