Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Why are we still shocked that men in power abuse women when Donald Trump is the President?

56 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

What has Donald said about Weinstein?

I believe they are or were pals.  

Edit: maybe not pals but Trump claims to have known Weinstein a long time and isn't surprised.

Edited by SemiAuto

9 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

What has Donald said about Weinstein?

He's trying to figure out what he did wrong.

we also had a President do this in the Oval Office

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/icreport/6narritiii.htm

In the hallway by the study, the President and Ms. Lewinsky kissed. On this occasion, according to Ms. Lewinsky, "he focused on me pretty exclusively," kissing her bare breasts and fondling her genitals.(272) 

At one point, the President inserted a cigar into Ms. Lewinsky's vagina, then put the cigar in his mouth and said: "It tastes good."(273)After they were finished, Ms. Lewinsky left the Oval Office and walked through the Rose Garden.(274)

Edited by boink

1 hour ago, boink said:

we also had a President do this in the Oval Office

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/icreport/6narritiii.htm

In the hallway by the study, the President and Ms. Lewinsky kissed. On this occasion, according to Ms. Lewinsky, "he focused on me pretty exclusively," kissing her bare breasts and fondling her genitals.(272) 

At one point, the President inserted a cigar into Ms. Lewinsky's vagina, then put the cigar in his mouth and said: "It tastes good."(273)After they were finished, Ms. Lewinsky left the Oval Office and walked through the Rose Garden.(274)

Is this "sexual assault"? I don't think so.

It is fascinating how hard our conservative friends try to deflect away the monster who bragged about sexually assaulting women and was rewarded with the White House.

More than that, enough voters rejected a woman who has similar qualities that are admired in men: personal drive, willing to do anything to get what they want.

The election was a true example of our hypocrisy when it comes to gender.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Is this "sexual assault"? I don't think so.

It is fascinating how hard our conservative friends try to deflect away the monster who bragged about sexually assaulting women and was rewarded with the White House.

More than that, enough voters rejected a woman who has similar qualities that are admired in men: personal drive, willing to do anything to get what they want.

The election was a true example of our hypocrisy when it comes to gender.

If Monica had complained of it being sexual assault then it would be considered sexual assault until proven otherwise. That's how things work. Was she pulled in by the charisma and power of the president of the United States wanting to diddle with her, or was she just a promiscuous little intern who got her own rocks off being fondled and diddled by slick Willy and wanted to have something to brag about to her like minded friends? In her case it appears to have been the latter. She could have accused him of rape for the insertion of the cigar if she had chosen to, but it sounds more like she enjoyed the encounter (at least at the time). One wonders how many such encounters between women and people like Weisnstein and Bill Cosby skirt that fine line. The sexual revolution of the 70's gave women a whole new outlook about their own feedom to express themselves sexually, but I suspect that some utilized that freedom and then had "morning after" regrets. Did males of the species relish in that newfound sexual freedom that women were expressing? As Rowan and Martin used to say, you bet your bippy! And we have situations like Bill Clinton, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby and big mouth Donald as a result. It is what it is.