AFC North Predictions: Week 6

193 posts in this topic

Ravens win.

Steelers lose.

Browns lose.

20 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Bengals tie 

I was going to say that!

(Same with the 'Boys. At least they can't lose this week!!)

Where ya been? So much good stuff going on here.

;)

22 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I was going to say that!

(Same with the 'Boys. At least they can't lose this week!!)

Where ya been? So much good stuff going on here.

;)

Lol I’m on a bye too 

Jerry is making sure we stay relevant during the bye lol

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Browns lose.

Your template for these posts has this pre-written, doesn't it? :)

The Ravens should be able to defeat a rookie quarterback at the helm of a poor team. But, the Steelers lost to the Bears, and beat the Ravens, so who knows? One of the problems with this team, at least the last couple of years, has been the inconsistency. You never know if you are going to get a solid game, or an trainwreck.

Meanwhile, McAdoo and the Giants appear to be in freefall. I don't see him surviving this season.

57 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Your template for these posts has this pre-written, doesn't it? :)

The Ravens should be able to defeat a rookie quarterback at the helm of a poor team. But, the Steelers lost to the Bears, and beat the Ravens, so who knows? One of the problems with this team, at least the last couple of years, has been the inconsistency. You never know if you are going to get a solid game, or an trainwreck.

Meanwhile, McAdoo and the Giants appear to be in freefall. I don't see him surviving this season.

I've been saying for years that the Ravens are the most inconsistent competitive team in the league. And not to beat a dead horse, but it goes well beyond just Joe being inconsistent. The entire offense, defense, and even STs are on one week, off the next. I thought I'd narrowed it down to home vs away games, but even that doesn't hold true any longer. It's coaching. It's performance. It's everything. So might as well just throw everything to the wall and see what sticks as far as predictions go. But this game against the Bears would seem to be as much of a lock as they're going to get, aside from playing the Browns again.

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol I’m on a bye too 

Jerry is making sure we stay relevant during the bye lol

HEY! Who says you get a bye?!!!

(Lightweight.)

;)

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

HEY! Who says you get a bye?!!!

(Lightweight.)

;)

6 games upheld 

lol bye week drama 

only in Dallas 

36 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

6 games upheld 

lol bye week drama 

only in Dallas 

What does that mean: "6 games upheld"?

3 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

What does that mean: "6 games upheld"?

Means Zeke wont be back on the field until week 13 

If they are smart they move on kid isnt built to handle this.  

23 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Means Zeke wont be back on the field until week 13 

If they are smart they move on kid isnt built to handle this.  

Oh. I thought he was in until the end of the season. Don't you think it's a bit early to give up on him? He's got mad talent.

8 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Oh. I thought he was in until the end of the season. Don't you think it's a bit early to give up on him? He's got mad talent.

Not giving up on him I hope this time on his butt helps him mature 

lol we are the cowboys land of a million chances 

5 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Not giving up on him I hope this time on his butt helps him mature 

lol we are the cowboys land of a million chances 

Did I hallucinate you saying they should move on from him if they were smart? Isn't that giving up?

1 minute ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Did I hallucinate you saying they should move on from him if they were smart? Isn't that giving up?

Lol no i meant move on from the legal standpoint 

My bad 

3 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol no i meant move on from the legal standpoint 

My bad 

So you're saying he isn't built to handle the legal/PR issues, not that he isn't built to play football?

20 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

So you're saying he isn't built to handle the legal/PR issues, not that he isn't built to play football?

Correct maybe some time away will help him mature

7 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Correct maybe some time away will help him mature

Some time away. I see. Wait...did they give him 6 weeks, or 6 years suspension?

;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

(Ya know...you'll probably find this hard to believe...but there are people I know who are still waiting for ME to mature. Can you believe it?!!!)

:D

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

8 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Some time away. I see. Wait...did they give him 6 weeks, or 6 years suspension?

;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

(Ya know...you'll probably find this hard to believe...but there are people I know who are still waiting for ME to mature. Can you believe it?!!!)

Lol you no way 

happy hour tomorrow green turtle if your out and about

oh only 6 weeks he hits another young lady(allegedly) 6yrs

20 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol you no way 

happy hour tomorrow green turtle if your out and about

oh only 6 weeks he hits another young lady(allegedly) 6yrs

Way.

;)

(The Green Turtle next to Red Robin on Red Run Blvd? What time?)

33 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Way.

;)

(The Green Turtle next to Red Robin on Red Run Blvd? What time?)

Yup that’s the one

I’ll be there about 3 hell its Friday make it 330 lol

Edited by bleedingorangeandblack

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Yup that’s the one

I’ll be there about 3 hell its Friday make it 330 lol

I'll be the old fat white guy wearing a Colts cap.

(And Happy Hour? More like Happy Afternoon!!)

10 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

I'll be the old fat white guy wearing a Colts cap.

(And Happy Hour? More like Happy Afternoon!!)

Ha 

See you there 

Ravens 20 Bears 10 - Originally I thought this had the potential of a Ravens blowout win, but Chicago's defense is fairly tough.  However, their linebackers are a weak area, and the secondary is youthful and still prone to making mistakes, so the Ravens should still win comfortably.

Chiefs 31 Steelers 17 - Ben will rebound a bit from last week's debacle, but the defense will have no answers to the Chief's potent offense.  The team seems lost right now, and you have to wonder if age hasn't finally caught up with Ben.  Could get ugly, fast.

Texans 24 Browns 6 - I don't think there's much hope of this team beating many this season. 

2 hours ago, alienrace said:

Ravens 20 Bears 10 - Originally I thought this had the potential of a Ravens blowout win, but Chicago's defense is fairly tough.  However, their linebackers are a weak area, and the secondary is youthful and still prone to making mistakes, so the Ravens should still win comfortably.

Chiefs 31 Steelers 17 - Ben will rebound a bit from last week's debacle, but the defense will have no answers to the Chief's potent offense.  The team seems lost right now, and you have to wonder if age hasn't finally caught up with Ben.  Could get ugly, fast.

Texans 24 Browns 6 - I don't think there's much hope of this team beating many this season. 

Could you imagine with all the injuries the Ravens have had, their head coach being so inept, the clueless offensive and defensive coordinators, their GM who doesn't understand 21st century football, the Ravens can be all alone in first place six weeks into the season? They still have a decent shot winning the division. I wonder how OCF would explain that one? 

29 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

Could you imagine with all the injuries the Ravens have had, their head coach being so inept, the clueless offensive and defensive coordinators, their GM who doesn't understand 21st century football, the Ravens can be all alone in first place six weeks into the season? They still have a decent shot winning the division. I wonder how OCF would explain that one? 

TBH, I think the Ravens still have to win a road game that I initially would have thought a loss due to losing at home to the Steelers and in London to the Jags(two expected wins) in order to win the division.  @Minny looks like their best shot.  If they can finish the first half of the season at 6-2, I really, really like their chances to win the division. 

We'll learn a lot about the Steelers on Sunday.  Much like the Ravens, they seem to be a Jekyll/Hyde team, you just have no idea what you're going to get.  I think for a lot of teams, the political BS has hurt them drastically.  It was pretty evident for the Ravens against the Jags, and probably the first half of the Steelers game.  The crowd booing even when they took a knee BEFORE the anthem, even with Bruce Cunningham explaining what they were doing, no question in my mind affected how the Ravens came out for that game.  Had the game been in Pissburgh, and their fans booed them similarly, I think they would have been the team coming out flat. 

The Steelers problems go beyond it perhaps.  There seems to be genuine dissent in the lockerroom.  I don't know if it's political/racial, etc, but it is definitely there.  I don't know about Ben.  I hadn't realized he hasn't really played well in quite some time, going on around 10 or 11 games.  He, and the team are going to have to have a good showing against the Chiefs.  If they get hammered, I think their chances drop drastically, and really open the door for the Ravens, and perhaps even the Bengals if they can get their feet under them to some degree.  I've learned never to count the Steelers out though.  So many times they look like they're on the precipice after a bad loss or two, and seem to work their way back.  Then again, you could say the same about a lot of teams, including the Ravens.  The NFL has truly become a week-to-week league.