Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

AFC North Predictions: Week 6

193 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cprenegade said:

They did to a degree, but part of that time of possession disparity was they allowed Chicago to run the ball effectively too many times.  Even before the big run in OT, Chicago was getting decent rushing yardage.  But yeah, overall the offense did absolutely nothing to help them.  This group of WRs is pitiful, much like many of us said before the season.  Obviously Maclin was missed, but at some point maybe Perriman has to step up and catch a ball thrown right to him.  The Ravens just don't have enough good skill players on offense to be consistent from week to week so these kinds of games are going to happen.  

It is true that the Bears did run a lot, but they did so because they knew the Ravens offense couldn't put much together to sustain anything. They had a rookie QB and were content to play conservatively. If the Ravens could have had a few long drives, things would have balanced out better. As it stood, this game was more lopsided than the score indicates. I agree with you about the receivers; they are a joke; and the OL cannot perform well against any defense that is average or better. The defense forced some turnovers but the offense gave away some themselves. As for Perriman, I am beginning to believe he will not improve much and was another bad first-round choice.

Some of the blame here also has to lie on Flacco. I have always liked him, but he has not been the same since the injury and maybe he has digressed to the point where the Ravens should be looking for a new QB for their future. The way they are going they might have some high picks in the draft. I don't see them beating the Vikings next week and they surely are far from being invincible at home. At this point I'd put the over/under at 5.

20 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

You remind me of some people on Facebook. They are fine when someone agrees with them; but should someone have a different view that just cannot handle it...meanwhile I will keep on presenting my views and if I am wrong, so be it. If I am right? Who cares? I'm just expressing myself like anyone else here and I need no validation from anyone.

With that being said, IMO the defense was indeed gassed at the end of the game. That doesn't mean it didn't make some good plays. Holes opened up more in the second half and Chicago could control the tempo and did. In fact, save for the special teams, this game would have been lopsided. Kudos for the defense to keep the Ravens in the game and almost steal it away. But that long running play for Chicago in overtime was a sign of pure fatigue. Overall though, this team is not very good.

The end of the game? Probably. The middle of the 3rd quarter? No effin way. And once again, you're wrong. I frequently discuss different opinions with others civilly. Just not asinine points of view that have no merit whatsoever. Like your idiotic insistence that the D was gassed 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter, after having rested during half time, with the Bears getting the ball to start the 3rd quarter. That's about the most idiotic thing I've heard. And in fact, I even predicted after the first long drive where the D couldn't get themselves off the field that some fool would, inevitably, pop up with the tired: "THE D WAS GASSED BECAUSE OF THE OFFENSE". No, fool. The D was gassed because they can't tackle!

And to highlight just how idiotic your claim of the FOUR MINUTE TOP discrepancy accounting for the D being gassed halfway through the 3rd quarter, in the Steelers/Chiefs game, the TOP for the Steelers is 32:32. The TOP for the Chiefs is 18:32. Now THAT'S a REAL discrepancy. And yet the Chiefs D STILL has held the Steelers to one TD. If the Ravens D is gassed halfway through the 3rd quarter because of a 4 minute differential, they need to get in better shape!

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Just now, OriginalColtsFan said:

The end of the game? Probably. The middle of the 3rd quarter? No effin way. And once again, you're wrong. I frequently discuss different opinions with others civilly. Just not asinine points of view that have no merit whatsoever. Like your idiotic insistence that the D was gassed 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter, after having rested during half time, with the Bears getting the ball to start the 3rd quarter. That's about the most idiotic thing I've heard. And in fact, I even predicted after the first long drive where the D couldn't get themselves off the field that some fool would, inevitably, pop up with the tired: "THE D WAS GASSED BECAUSE OF THE OFFENSE". No, fool. The D was gassed because they can't tackle!

You know what? if I am wrong, I am OK with that. I don't think I am. If you want to think you are right and call me names, I'm a big boy. I can handle it.  :) 

15 hours ago, jamesdean said:

The Ravens can't afford to lose this game and they know it.  If you're a play-off caliber team, you HAVE to put away teams like the Bears.  They're at home, the weather will be nice and since "confidence" was used so much going into the Raiders game, they should have plenty after last week's impressive win.  

BALTIMORE 31; CHICAGO 13

I've got a bad feeling about the Kansas City game.  The Chiefs are not going to go 16-0 and Pittsburgh is certainly not as bad or as lost on offense as they looked against the Jags.  Common sense says go with the Chiefs at home but I have a sinking feeling the Steelers bounce back and steal one on the road.  Look for Bell to get 25+ carries and for Ben to have a clean game.                         PITTSBURGH 23; KANSAS CITY 16

The Browns can't go 0-16, right?  I don't know, now I'm beginning to wonder....well, that's for farther down the road.  Right now, Houston should kick them all over the field.                     HOUSTON 34; CLEVELAND 10

My kudos to you.  I said I was very tempted to call the upset in the KC/Pitt game, but I didn't have the guts.  You called it right.  Thank God for Cleveland.  I can always depend on them for at least 1 win on the prediction thread!  

2 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

It is true that the Bears did run a lot, but they did so because they knew the Ravens offense couldn't put much together to sustain anything. They had a rookie QB and were content to play conservatively. If the Ravens could have had a few long drives, things would have balanced out better. As it stood, this game was more lopsided than the score indicates. I agree with you about the receivers; they are a joke; and the OL cannot perform well against any defense that is average or better. The defense forced some turnovers but the offense gave away some themselves. As for Perriman, I am beginning to believe he will not improve much and was another bad first-round choice.

Some of the blame here also has to lie on Flacco. I have always liked him, but he has not been the same since the injury and maybe he has digressed to the point where the Ravens should be looking for a new QB for their future. The way they are going they might have some high picks in the draft. I don't see them beating the Vikings next week and they surely are far from being invincible at home. At this point I'd put the over/under at 5.

That may be the most disappointing aspect about today's game.  Gone is the mantra "not in our house" from the Ray Lewis years.  Over the last few years they have had losses at home to Cleveland, Jacksonville and Chicago.  That never seemed to happen back in the day.  The shield of invincibility at home is gone.  

5 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

That may be the most disappointing aspect about today's game.  Gone is the mantra "not in our house" from the Ray Lewis years.  Over the last few years they have had losses at home to Cleveland, Jacksonville and Chicago.  That never seemed to happen back in the day.  The shield of invincibility at home is gone.  

Because Harbaugh and Newsome have both purged the team of the Alpha players plus refused to bring in Alpha players. This team has no identity on offense or defense. This is the team that Harbaugh/Newsome/Bisciotti have built.

9 hours ago, cprenegade said:

My kudos to you.  I said I was very tempted to call the upset in the KC/Pitt game, but I didn't have the guts.  You called it right.  Thank God for Cleveland.  I can always depend on them for at least 1 win on the prediction thread!  

I can't say I feel too good about it but thanks. 

21 hours ago, cprenegade said:

haha. it's almost like cheating. if you've picked cleveland to lose (i always do), you've been right 23 of the last 24 times (96%). :D

On 10/15/2017 at 2:00 PM, jamesdean said:

And it's Joe's fault that STONE HANDS Perriman can't catch yet another pass.  Wow, the guy is just horrible. 

Not only that, but at some point there was a discussion here about the pass to Moore. At least 2 posters insisted that the pass was "forced" by Joe and should never have been thrown. Moore has since come out and said that the ball hit his shoulder pad and bounced away. His take on what should have happened:

“I should have caught it,” Moore said. “It just popped off my shoulder pad. I should have made that catch. I’m a receiver, and I’m expected to make those plays. I should have just made that catch. It’s on me."

Only in Baltimore will fans put the blame on the QB for having put a ball right in the receiver's hands, on the dead run, after the receiver fails to make the catch. It's insane.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Here's the play again:

I think it was a dumb call to test Fuller after he had been dismantling every throw to his coverage for the entire game. In this case- check out the 1:42 mark and you can see the whole thing develop. The WR is turning and momentum carrying him to the sideline, while DB is right in his pocket. The throw comes in to the opposite shoulder causing him to reach back for it against the direction of his momentum however it's clear a good WR could've and should've made the catch. Moore obviously isn't that right now. For a guy like Moore to catch that- it would've had to be a Peyton Manningesque throw to the outside and low to the sideline his momentum carries him to it and so the Defender doesn't get a chance to go through the WR's body. Not many QBs - maybe 3-4 - can throw it that accurately. But Joe did give him a chance to make a play and he blew it.

48 minutes ago, poefolks said:

Here's the play again:

I think it was a dumb call to test Fuller after he had been dismantling every throw to his coverage for the entire game. In this case- check out the 1:42 mark and you can see the whole thing develop. The WR is turning and momentum carrying him to the sideline, while DB is right in his pocket. The throw comes in to the opposite shoulder causing him to reach back for it against the direction of his momentum however it's clear a good WR could've and should've made the catch. Moore obviously isn't that right now. For a guy like Moore to catch that- it would've had to be a Peyton Manningesque throw to the outside and low to the sideline his momentum carries him to it and so the Defender doesn't get a chance to go through the WR's body. Not many QBs - maybe 3-4 - can throw it that accurately. But Joe did give him a chance to make a play and he blew it.

That's the bottom line right there.

4 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Not only that, but at some point there was a discussion here about the pass to Moore. At least 2 posters insisted that the pass was "forced" by Joe and should never have been thrown. Moore has since come out and said that the ball hit his shoulder pad and bounced away. His take on what should have happened:

“I should have caught it,” Moore said. “It just popped off my shoulder pad. I should have made that catch. I’m a receiver, and I’m expected to make those plays. I should have just made that catch. It’s on me."

Only in Baltimore will fans put the blame on the QB for having put a ball right in the receiver's hands, on the dead run, after the receiver fails to make the catch. It's insane.

It's the most pathetic group of receivers I've ever seen in Baltimore.  By far.  And the one who might have the best hands, Maxx Williams can't stay on the field so he's of no use to anyone.  We're at DEFCON 5, folks and getting close to the point of no return.  It's time for "say hello to my little friend" and run the ball 40-50 times a game.  It's their only chance at the play-offs because now we have the new problem added to the equation- the defense sucks too. 

28 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

It's the most pathetic group of receivers I've ever seen in Baltimore.  By far.  And the one who might have the best hands, Maxx Williams can't stay on the field so he's of no use to anyone.  We're at DEFCON 5, folks and getting close to the point of no return.  It's time for "say hello to my little friend" and run the ball 40-50 times a game.  It's their only chance at the play-offs because now we have the new problem added to the equation- the defense sucks too. 

OK...so let me get this straight...you think the Ravens would be better off running the rock, correct?

;)

(Personally...I'm pushing for Kap and OCF's Four-Headed Monster!! (Kap, Collins, Rainey, and Buck-50.) But hey...that's just me.)

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

OK...so let me get this straight...you think the Ravens would be better off running the rock, correct?

;)

(Personally...I'm pushing for Kap and OCF's Four-Headed Monster!! (Kap, Collins, Rainey, and Buck-50.) But hey...that's just me.)

You wouldn't have to get Kap...make Flacco run too! It might get him killed but at least it would be exciting. ;)

1 minute ago, jamesdean said:

You wouldn't have to get Kap...make Flacco run too! It might get him killed but at least it would be exciting. ;)

Nah. It's gotta be Kap.

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Nah. It's gotta be Kap.

Check out who he's running by on his way to a 90 yd. TD run...(LOL) 

Edited by jamesdean

It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Ed Reed. It's Matt Elam. It's Wile E. Coyote.

No. It's Eric Wettshimeslf.

:o

KAP KAP KAP KAP KAP KAP!!!

No Kap.

:(