Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr Johnny Fever

Faking News – Police Arrest Mandalay Security Guard Jesus Compos As Second Shooter In Las Vegas Massacre

88 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

I don't understand. Doesn't his post clearly say it's fake?

see his edits.

Edited by Calamari

Just now, Calamari said:

see his edits.

Your clueless as usual-I clearly labelled the story as bogus in the comments and posed a question as to motive in an effort to start a discussion about fake news.

But enough about me-anybody want to answer the question

No need to insult me just because you got tricked by a fake news site. B)

3 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Link?

The post above yours.

3 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Hook Line and Sinker.

I guess he couldn't kill the entire thread

19 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Your clueless as usual-I clearly labelled the story as bogus in the comments and posed a question as to motive in an effort to start a discussion about fake news.

But enough about me-anybody want to answer the question

I'm so confused...

What's the question?

Just now, ms maggie said:

I'm so confused...

What's the question?

Btw....I did not edit the op or title-the mods did and I clearly said it was a fake story in my original comments. Those with an agenda want to twist it into something else.

The question is what would possess someone to gin up such an obviously bogus and easily disproved story involving an unspeakable horror?

I don't get the motivation or what they expect to accomplish.

18 minutes ago, Calamari said:

12 minutes ago, ODENTON said:

Hook Line and Sinker.

I guess he couldn't kill the entire thread

Stay clueless.....it's your most endearing quality.

Just now, Dr Johnny Fever said:

says the guy spreading fake news :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Btw....I did not edit the op or title-the mods did and I clearly said it was a fake story in my original comments. Those with an agenda want to twist it into something else.

The question is what would possess someone to gin up such an obviously bogus and easily disproved story involving an unspeakable horror?

I don't get the motivation or what they expect to accomplish.

Think there are a some folks who only pay attention to things that feed their biases. So there's an audience for any kind of nutso stuff that feeds their rage. In this case, find a brown person who's culpable for the LV massacre.

FWIW I figured you didn't post this as something valid.

I often disagree with you but figure you simply haven't had the benefit of enough of my razor sharp logic.😬

Edited by ms maggie

6 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Uh-oh dr. Johnny going into meltdown mode after falling for a hoax! ^_^

7 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

Think there are a some folks who only pay attention to things that feed their biases. So there's an audience for any kind of nutso stuff that feeds their rage. In this case, find a brown person who's culpable for the LV massacre.

FWIW I figured you didn't post this as something valid.

I often disagree with you but figure you simply haven't had the benefit of enough of my razor sharp logic.😬

Thank you.....I think.;)

There might be hope for me yet.

Edited by Dr Johnny Fever

9 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Thank you.....I think.;)

There might be hope for me yet.

Hey where is my thanks for explaining to ms maggie that you did say it was bogus news and that you asked the mods add the "fake"

:D:D

22 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Hey where is my thanks for explaining to ms maggie that you did say it was bogus news and that you asked the mods add the "fake"

:D:D

An unforgivable oversight on my part.....please excuse my rudeness......I abhor rudeness-especially my own.:)

And thanks.

Edited by Dr Johnny Fever

2 minutes ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

An unforgivable oversight on my part.....please excuse my rudeness......I abhor rudeness-especially my own.:)

And thanks.

You're welcome :)

1 hour ago, ms maggie said:

I don't understand. Doesn't his post clearly say it's fake?

It does. It always did. The other poster is just looking for something to criticize. 

I remember during the primaries, there was a fake Huffington Post site that had fake stories catering to either Sanders or Trump supporters. I don’t know how difficult it is to set up a website like this so I don’t know how much effort/money is involved. At the time, I didn’t get the purpose but now, I wonder if this it was part of Russia’s efforts to undermine faith in our institutions and systems.

Why would you post a fake news story (period), 'claim' you know it's fake, but not mention such in your original title.

yet alone post this fake news story and possibly contribute to the soiling of Jesus Campos name and possibly some knuckleheads threatening the man and his family.

The OP gets no pass here. Jesus Campos did nothing to deserve this, except possibly being born Jesus Campos.

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I remember during the primaries, there was a fake Huffington Post site that had fake stories catering to either Sanders or Trump supporters. I don’t know how difficult it is to set up a website like this so I don’t know how much effort/money is involved. At the time, I didn’t get the purpose but now, I wonder if this it was part of Russia’s efforts to undermine faith in our institutions and systems.

You'd think we'd be more invested in exposing, and hopefully arresting, these Russian attacks.

11 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

You'd think we'd be more invested in exposing, and hopefully arresting, these Russian attacks.

Do you think the russians would be this obvious? Why go to the effort of making it look like a legitimate cnn piece when they have other assets to spread the disinformation?

It's not like the story was difficult to debunk-a simple search for corroboration was all it took.

1 hour ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

Do you think the russians would be this obvious? Why go to the effort of making it look like a legitimate cnn piece when they have other assets to spread the disinformation?

It's not like the story was difficult to debunk-a simple search for corroboration was all it took.

This story? Not necessarily.

But that whole pizza shop Hillary story originated with the Russians so who the hell knows.

The point is if you want to believe it, you don't look to debunk it.

We live in strange times. Slanted news coverage, editorials-- we've always had that. But this wholesale lying is new. Think that's the most insidious thing about Trump. He lies and everyone knows it and yet there are no consequences.

Can you imagine Obama or Bush getting away with this?

I don't pretend to understand it. It's as if the POTUS lying is just another day at the office. Astounding.

Hitler talked about the "big lie". This is different, maybe the same dynamic, the constant lying? People get enured. What aggravates me is when people say, all politians lie. Sure, but not all the time! It's dangerous to feel that way because it normalizes him.

Oy.

Edited by ms maggie

4 hours ago, Dr Johnny Fever said:

I disagree. Sites like this have a purpose; it's to intentionally misinform and change public opinion. You say that it can be easily debunked; and you are correct.  But the intended target audience is not the informed, but the ignorant - more specifically, the lazy ignorant. And these ignorant people are the ones who will spread it to others without checking first if it is true. These are to same people who pass along emails and chain letters. There are many that are easily manipulated and easily deceived. And even though what they pass on is definitely fake, they believe it.

Funny in a sad sort of way that there are those who feel the the need, even with an obviously false story, to find a way to take sides on an issue everyone agrees on.  Reminds me of Charlottesville.  Boys in white hoods and boys in black hoods looking for a fight.  No real difference in ideology, just want a fight.  

24 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Funny in a sad sort of way that there are those who feel the the need, even with an obviously false story, to find a way to take sides on an issue everyone agrees on.  Reminds me of Charlottesville.  Boys in white hoods and boys in black hoods looking for a fight.  No real difference in ideology, just want a fight.  

Actually...no. But go ahead and continue that false narrative if you want. I'm sure there will be people that will gobble it up.

33 minutes ago, jdsample said:

I bet when people call Trump a Nazi you get outraged. But you say the Charlottesville protesters are the same as the guys waving swastikas.

I do love consistency.🙄