Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

Week 7 Scores

289 posts in this topic

Howard 41 Caravel DE 0 F

St Frances 50 Gilman 0 F

Oakdale 49 Kent Island 27 F

3 hours ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

I thought you were leaving this forum DW...

It's that Gilman intellect, the inability to reason at times....  So where Mr. 70 poster did you get the thought that The DayWalker is walking....  If anything, I would turn this mother out and you all would walk if were in a good mood.  Otherwise, you would crawl away....  It's what we vamps do.

Well SF punished the G the same way they did McDonogh .Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but they broke the G up literally and Poggi proved his point 

Poggi is a *****. Any moron on this board could coach that team to the same results. Congrats buddy, you went out an bought/assembled an interstate all star team to inflate your already gigantic ego and to ultimately get "payback" against the school that scorned you. Well done. The MIAA has no balls and your season is almost over. Time for the real drama of the public playoffs to begin. 

52 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Well SF punished the G the same way they did McDonogh .Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but they broke the G up literally and Poggi proved his point 

I personally like Biff as a person, good dude, but can’t respect what he did last night. Gilman came into the game with injuries, best two LB’s out, second series lose probably their best defensive player in Spanky, lose Willis.  Defense down 5 starters, Gilman takes out their starting defense in the third, and he keeps his starters in until the last series of the game? And throws the ball? Not sure the point of that, to shove it in Gilman’s administration’s face? Pointless. Gilman had 5 ninth graders on the field and they’re throwing the ball to Fields! It’s stupid for his kids, what if one of them got hurt? 

1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

Does anyone have the stats for both games? I saw MCD move the ball on SFA but then turn it over (no excuses). It was a tight game until the pick six. Did MCD come out flat, heck yes. Were they punished physically because they're suffering from injuries and have little depth, yes. Do they have the capacity if healthy to fight and prevail against SFA, yes, if all of the boys show up and the coaching staff give them a good game plan. Comparing Gilman and MCD is ludicrous. 

25 minutes ago, mop said:

Does anyone have the stats for both games? I saw MCD move the ball on SFA but then turn it over (no excuses). It was a tight game until the pick six. Did MCD come out flat, heck yes. Were they punished physically because they're suffering from injuries and have little depth, yes. Do they have the capacity if healthy to fight and prevail against SFA, yes, if all of the boys show up and the coaching staff give them a good game plan. Comparing Gilman and MCD is ludicrous. 

McD never got inside of the 30 against SFA(per newspaper article and from me seeing the game), what the hell are you talking about? You lost 28-0, should have lost just as bad as Gilman, this is a fact! SFA’s penalties and bad playcalling kept this game from being a running clock. Gilman ended the game playing 5 ninth graders against SFA starters. 

Nobody is saying that Gilman is as good as McD, but you’re delusional by saying that McD has any chance against SFA, DELUSIONAL! 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I personally like Biff as a person, good dude, but can’t respect what he did last night. Gilman came into the game with injuries, best two LB’s out, second series lose probably their best defensive player in Spanky, lose Willis.  Defense down 5 starters, Gilman takes out their starting defense in the third, and he keeps his starters in until the last series of the game? And throws the ball? Not sure the point of that, to shove it in Gilman’s administration’s face? Pointless. Gilman had 5 ninth graders on the field and they’re throwing the ball to Fields! It’s stupid for his kids, what if one of them got hurt? 

He has done the same thing basically just like when he was at Gilman. He would always keep starters until last series and throw ball being up big.

2 minutes ago, jbmad said:

He has done the same thing basically just like when he was at Gilman. He would always keep starters until last series and throw ball being up big.

Gilman didn’t even throw the ball when they were down when he was there. I’ve never actually seen him leave the starters in up 40 before. 30, definitely. I wrote on here couple of years ago when they blew Spalding out, how pissed I was with Spalding’s coach throwing the ball with his starters in the whole game down 50 just so his QB could get stats. It’s just dumb. 

10 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Don't necessarily know the authenticity of this statement. I didn't follow Gilman football as heavily as I do now until the end of Poggi's reign at G, but it doesn't sound completely correct.

Edited by gilmanalumni12

4 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman didn’t even throw the ball when they were down when he was there. I’ve never actually seen him leave the starters in up 40 before. 30, definitely. I wrote on here couple of years ago when they blew Spalding out, how pissed I was with Spalding’s coach throwing the ball with his starters in the whole game down 50 just so his QB could get stats. It’s just dumb. 

Oh I agree, i was at that game. But I have personally seen him dog Loyola, from having his team stomp the L before the game to throwing with starter at qb when being way up inb4th. What happened to honor among thieves 

1 minute ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

Don't necessarily know the authenticity of this statement. I didn't follow Gilman football as heavily as I do now until the end of Poggi's reign at G, but it doesn't sound completely correct.

If you weren't watching how would you know

1 minute ago, jbmad said:

If you weren't watching how would you know

I worded that incorrectly.

"..until the last few years of Poggi's reign at G..."

1 minute ago, gilmanalumni12 said:

I worded that incorrectly.

"..until the last few years of Poggi's reign at G..."

He would always run up the score

2 hours ago, HY3:13 said:

Poggi is a *****. Any moron on this board could coach that team to the same results. Congrats buddy, you went out an bought/assembled an interstate all star team to inflate your already gigantic ego and to ultimately get "payback" against the school that scorned you. Well done. The MIAA has no balls and your season is almost over. Time for the real drama of the public playoffs to begin. 

SFA is punishing all teams they play. Do you really think that team was assembled just to get payback against Gilman? There's a bigger picture that's being overlooked.  They are looking to be highly ranked in the country. Blow-out scores moves a team up more so than a low scoring game. Of course they will try to get as many points as possible against whoever. It don't matter who the opponent is.  

7 minutes ago, ImHere4This said:

SFA is punishing all teams they play. Do you really think that team was assembled just to get payback against Gilman? There's a bigger picture that's being overlooked.  They are looking to be highly ranked in the country. Blow-out scores moves a team up more so than a low scoring game. Of course they will try to get as many points as possible against whoever. It don't matter who the opponent is.  

That's why his punk *** won't leave the MIAA

13 hours ago, Bully said:

SFA is scary good.  Literally.  Man playing boys and the injuries are getting out of hand.  Might be smart for MSJ and Spalding to forfeit game and keep players intact for games they could actually win.  

You can't be serious. Did you really say forfeit the game? That's a chump move. If any of these coaches and kids gain some heart SFA can be beaten. Running away from competition teaches the players what? 

Edited by ImHere4This

3 minutes ago, jbmad said:

That's why his punk *** won't leave the MIAA

Stop crying and play some real football. When some of these players get to college, they will see the same thing and play against bigger and better teams most likely. It's how they handle the situation that separates them from the real players and the fake players. It's called a game, but really it isn't. 

39 minutes ago, jbmad said:

He would always run up the score

I personally have no problem with teams continuing to score. I do think it’s stupid and pointless, to do it against the other teams third and fourth team with your starters. It’s stupid for your team, more than anything else. I would have had no problem with SFA’s backups passing the ball up 40 against Gilman’s backups. But doing it with your starters? That proves nothing, and can only hurt you if one of your stars gets injured. Gilman was basically playing with a second team defense for most of that game, they could run their backup RB’s and score just as easy. 

By the way, this was 100% about shoving it in Gilman’s administrations face! Remember, Biff wasn’t at last year’s game. I saw the Loyola game this year, and I saw SFA take their starters out and even run the clock out at the end of the game rather than score. This was personal! 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Didn't Spalding come back and get 40 in that game? Was he trying to get Stats or was he trying to at least make the score respectable. I think Gilman was trying to run the score up that game. Are they supposed to just stop playing and run the ball so they lose by 50 like Gilman did last night?  I don't know the people involved but is the football team at SFA to benefit the players on the team, the school overall, the community or is just one guys quest to see if he can get the best team possible as a personal hobby/goal and win big?

From the outside it looks like the latter but honestly don't know the players/people involved so maybe I'm missing something. Is it High School Football or just D1 recruit the best team you can and win at all costs. Is it true Rick Pitino is being hired as a consultant? It's just not SFA but the old days of getting a couple excellent players and a couple very good ones have turned into primarily hand picked teams with a few exceptions.

It is what it is, but kind of miss the old days and maybe a more level playing field.

10 minutes ago, 85Knight said:

What was the FH result/score?

The play today. After 6 games, Sentinels are averaging 350+ rushing yards per game, at 9.8 per carry. They've punted twice this season.

3 minutes ago, 58Colts said:

Didn't Spalding come back and get 40 in that game? Was he trying to get Stats or was he trying to at least make the score respectable. I think Gilman was trying to run the score up that game. Are they supposed to just stop playing and run the ball so they lose by 50 like Gilman did last night?  I don't know the people involved but is the football team at SFA to benefit the players on the team, the school overall, the community or is just one guys quest to see if he can get the best team possible as a personal hobby/goal and win big?

From the outside it looks like the latter but honestly don't know the players/people involved so maybe I'm missing something. Is it High School Football or just D1 recruit the best team you can and win at all costs. Is it true Rick Pitino is being hired as a consultant? It's just not SFA but the old days of getting a couple excellent players and a couple very good ones have turned into primarily hand picked teams with a few exceptions.

It is what it is, but kind of miss the old days and maybe a more level playing field.

I was at the Loyola game where Biff's team stomped on the L and yes his QB was throwing deep in the 4th quarter. If the Loyola AD had a pair (he is feckless remember) he would have kicked that Gilman team off the campus immediately like McD did with Palotti earlier this year. Forfeit or not, sending the right kind of message about leadership and high school sports would have been welcome. Then the AD should have called his counterpart at Gilman. If he didn't get the right kind of response he should have  scheduled a press conference with the media and  reviewed the incident on film. Gilman alums reading the subsequent articles and watching the video online would have been pretty unhappy (rightfully so) with the negative PR. That's called leadership. The running up the score issue is just classless, that's all

11 minutes ago, 58Colts said:

There's never been a level playing field among privates. Its the way it goes. Its just people whine and complain, create handles, and make excuses at an exponential rate now because its SFA. Not sure when or if the 20 handles, 15 created in the last 20 months, will ever get over this. One distinction one could derive from this board is that many of these private handles come off as being from the 'everybody should get a trophy world' and that losing isnt fair.

3 minutes ago, mop said:

I was at the Loyola game where Biff's team stomped on the L and yes his QB was throwing deep in the 4th quarter. If the Loyola AD had a pair (he is feckless remember) he would have kicked that Gilman team off the campus immediately like McD did with Palotti earlier this year. Forfeit or not, sending the right kind of message about leadership and high school sports would have been welcome. Then the AD should have called his counterpart at Gilman. If he didn't get the right kind of response he should have  scheduled a press conference with the media and  reviewed the incident on film. Gilman alums reading the subsequent articles and watching the video online would have been pretty unhappy (rightfully so) with the negative PR. That's called leadership. The running up the score issue is just classless, that's all

I was at the game as well, and it was with backups. In fact, the last touchdown scored was by a ninth grader. I have no problem with backups scoring, when a game is out of reach. Keeping starters in and passing against backups, just makes no sense.