Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

Week 7 Scores

289 posts in this topic

The punt snap was poor, the punter took off but stopped several yards short.

Glenelg takes over at the WL 42.

21-21 1:28 4th

3 rushes by RB Owens leaves Glenelg just short of a first - but Gladiators convert the 4th down on a QB dive.

Glenelg at the WL 23.

21-21 0:41 4th

56 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Loyola had a two year run, not dominance. Gilman has won 14 of the MIAA titles. No other school has more than 4. Gilman has been dominant since the inception of the league. 

I don’t have any problem with SFA being in the league and doing what they’re doing. More power to them. 

No more Money to them. Don't you think they should just play similar teams, Fitty to 0. If your alma mater is not willing to play the game it's going to be fitty to 0 every year.

It's boring. Play a National Schedule. They have different aspirations. You are a Baltimore Playground legend, you didn't  go to a Junior High and play smaller weak comp, you got the rep playing the best. Heard the story bout you dunking in Summer League and hanging on the rim, if it hadn't been over a D1 guy, nobody would care. Same with SFA.

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I agree with a lot of what you say here, but please don’t put Loyola and Gilman in the same conversation. Gilman beat CHC and should have beaten MSJ. SFA could have done what they did against Gilman, against every team in the league. SFA’s last two Td’s were their starters against Gilman’s fourth team. 

G, 

You always talk about what a team could have done or should have done. Whether you have the depth chart (4th Team), Medical Records (Injury/Sick), Birth Certificates (age of every kid). No One Cares who SFA's TD's were against they were wearing Gilman uniforms. You said they could have but the facts are they didn't.  I'm sure the Gilman kids tried to beat MSJ but the facts are they didn't. The facts are both CH and MCD played SFA much better than the big G. One 22 points better, one 28 points better. 

Over the years blow outs are supposedly close. Everyone saw what happened. Revisionist history is going to change 50 to 0. In the grand Scheme of things everyone knows the Legacy of the BIG G is extremely important to you. I get it sort of (its really not that important/good for you) but you know too much to keep on with the would have should of, 4th team, injury, young or this would have happened explanations to people who saw the game. Go get a bottle of wine and use your best Leon Phelps lines, but I'm telling you if you bring up Gilman football even at the nicest place in town, she's gonna fake a head ache and say she has to go home. 

So who makes the final 4 playoff for MIAA?  If MSJ gets hot and beats either MCD or Spalding then it gets goofy.  If MSJ loses to both then what is criteria because most likely Gilman, MSJ, and CHC will all be 2-4 in league play.  

11 minutes ago, Bully said:

So who makes the final 4 playoff for MIAA?  If MSJ gets hot and beats either MCD or Spalding then it gets goofy.  If MSJ loses to both then what is criteria because most likely Gilman, MSJ, and CHC will all be 2-4 in league play.  

Head to head and point differential would come into it. MSJ would be out because they lost 35-0 to CHC. So it would be head to head between Gilman and CHC, so I believe Gilman would be the fourth team. But I’m not so sure Gilman beats Loyola next week with their injuries. 

1 hour ago, HY3:13 said:

Anyone have a Franklin v MM score?

26-21 Milford Final

4 hours ago, Campy19 said:

The bottom line is that St Francis is not a traditional high school football team. They are an All Star Team made up of top players not only from Maryland but from 8 other states. Biff has the financial resources to buy a national power. He did the same thing at Gilman, though Gilman had some academic standards. St Francis will take anyone, especially if they can ball.   Do other schools recruit in the A conference? Yes! Do other schools have financial resources? Yes!   However, what St. Francis is doing is gross!  In my opinion this isn't what High school football was intended to be. This is just a bought football team! Nothing less, nothing more. They are a traveling all star team similar to top notch AAU basketball team.   

Whats sad is the MIAA leadership has allowed this garbage to go on for years and did nothing about it. Gilman, Calvert Hall & McDonough have been doing it, but not to the level of St. Francis. Because the league leadership did nothing in the past, now you have this circus going on at St. Francis.

St. Francis stuck it to Gilman because an adult wanted to make a statement to his previous school that he is a great coach and look what you lost and still could have had.  Yesterday's blowout was ego driven! What's sad is the opposing players on the field suffer the most.  The adults wanted to make a point, but had little interest about the kids on the other team he was sticking it to.  The lack of sportsmanship by the St. Francis staff was shameful. This isn't college or pro ball where people are getting paid big bucks to win, this is High School football where the vast majority of kids just want to have fun and play the game. As a result, the adults who are suppose to be role models should be expected to do the right thing. 

Finally, the MIAA leadership needs a complete overhaul. They need new leadership with a backbone.  The league needs new recruiting guidelines, better enforcement of rules and new policies.  St. Francis has to go! Let them play a national schedule and go be a traveling all star team. Plus, what do they get out of beating and playing Loyola or Gilman? Anyone who can breathe could coach St. Francis and win by 50 over those two opponents.  I would rather watch a high school football game between two schools with all their players from their home town & community playing for their school with a large student section cheering, marching band and cheerleaders, then two bought teams made up of all stars.  High school football like so many other things in our society has changed for the worse because of the adults, not the kids. 

Thanks GA.  Gilmans JV team can get Loyola.  No worries there.

Haha, doubt that but funny. They won't beat Loyola jv. Just like MSJ didn't 

8 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Haha, doubt that but funny. They won't beat Loyola jv. Just like MSJ didn't 

I think he was saying that the JV could beat the Varsity. 

Yeah I know , but that wouldn't happen 

Severn 27- Boys Latin-20

Severn School Moves to 7-0 and first place in the MIAA B, Boys Latin moves to 4-3, and number 2 in the MIAA B conference 

SFA will more than likely be out the league next year, and the coaches and players know it. Why not go out with a bang

16 minutes ago, HSFBLover said:

SFA will more than likely be out the league next year, and the coaches and players know it. Why not go out with a bang

Why will they be out of the league next year?

FH threw an interception three yards deep in the end zone, and MC ran it for a TD...35-21 MC over FH with 1:29 left in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, HSFBLover said:

Why is that, POggi owns the MIAA