Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

Is Ben Done?

83 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 12/29/2017 at 8:43 PM, steelrenegade said:

Ravens will likely be one and done in the playoffs. They really don’t even deserve to be in the post season with the horrible offense they have. Just ugly. KC will bounce them out with force.  Won’t even be close.  

Steelers will play for number 7.  Guaranteed.  The Patriots are not on their level this year. Will love watching the Steelers annihilate them in Gillette. 

Stairway to SEVEN!

Typical weak Steeler trolling that is just blatantly wrong. You even had the Ravens in the playoffs! Even that was wrong! LOL

That "horrible offense" averaged 36 points per game in the final 9 games. 24 PPG over the whole season. Top 10 in pts scored actually.

Dean Pees sucked as a DC and thank god he decided to retire. I only wish we could have fired him. He sucks and the defense is already better without him. The defense routinely pissed away late 4th quarter leads during his tenure. I hope his retirement absolutely sucks.

The Steelers will lose to NE in the AFCCG if they don't get boucned before that. Sorry man, it's death, taxes and the Steelers getting sonned by the Patriots. Not going to change.

I'm pulling for you to beat them but lose in the SB. No chance do I want Steeler trolls crowing about that lame Stairway to Seven crap.

Edited by Pickle20

38 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Typical weak Steeler trolling that is just blatantly wrong. You even had the Ravens in the playoffs! Even that was wrong! LOL

That "horrible offense" averaged 36 points per game in the final 9 games. 24 PPG over the whole season. Top 10 in pts scored actually.

Dean Pees sucked as a DC and thank god he decided to retire. I only wish we could have fired him. He sucks and the defense is already better without him. The defense routinely pissed away late 4th quarter leads during his tenure. I hope his retirement absolutely sucks.

The Steelers will lose to NE in the AFCCG if they don't get boucned before that. Sorry man, it's death, taxes and the Steelers getting sonned by the Patriots. Not going to change.

I'm pulling for you to beat them but lose in the SB. No chance do I want Steeler trolls crowing about that lame Stairway to Seven crap.

It will be funny when Harrison destroys the Steelers offense. I'll be rooting for the Patriots over the Steelers. Hoping the Patriots win shows how much I hate the Steeler fans. 

Yeah, for all that Yinzer bluster, the Ravens and Steelers posted nearly identical points scored vs points allowed while playing most of the same teams. 

Given the Ravens nearly beat them at Heinz a few weeks ago, I'd not be crowing too hard if I was a Toothless Yinzer(TM).  They'll probably make it to the AFCC, but the Patriots will be there waiting and will most likely stomp them at Gillette. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, alienrace said:

Yeah, for all that Yinzer bluster, the Ravens and Steelers posted nearly identical points scored vs points allowed while playing most of the same teams. 

Given the Ravens nearly beat them at Heinz a few weeks ago, I'd not be crowing too hard if I was a Toothless Yinzer(TM).  They'll probably make it to the AFCC, but the Patriots will be there waiting and will most likely stomp them at Gillette. 

That's the thing, the NFL is pretty close, talent-wise. It takes a coach like Belichick to make whatever difference there is to be much more apparent.

The Steelers have all-pros at QB, RB and WR. Aside from that the teams are probably identical, talent wise, and I'd give the edge to the Steelers in coaching.

So there's not as much separating those teams as much as people would like to have you believe. The games are always close.

Edited by Pickle20

One thing that puzzled me about the Steelers this year was, in spite of their abundance of offensive weapons, they struggled--and not just once or twice--to put points on the board. Any team that has Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, et. al. might still have problems, but getting into the end zone shouldn't be one of them.

5 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

One thing that puzzled me about the Steelers this year was, in spite of their abundance of offensive weapons, they struggled--and not just once or twice--to put points on the board. Any team that has Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Le'Veon Bell, et. al. might still have problems, but getting into the end zone shouldn't be one of them.

In the games I saw with them, they seemed to have little problems going up and down the field, until they got to the red zone and especially inside of the 5.  They finished third in yards per game behind New England and New Orleans.  I think they try too often to use Bell up the middle at the goal line and his patient, wait for the hole style of running does not work well when the opposing team is stacking the line.  A big part of the Steelers game is Ben Roethlisberger buying time until one of his receivers gets open and he spots him.  The closer you are to the goal line, the harder that is.  I know every team experiences the same thing, but the Steelers seem to rely on Roethlisberger's ability to spot an open receiver under pressure more than most.  

8 hours ago, alienrace said:

Funny thing is, as much as I have figured the AFCC was a lock to be Pitt/Ne, it might not be as definite looking at the matchups.  I like both Jacksonville and KC to take care of Buffalo and Tennessee fairly easily.  Tennessee limped into the playoffs only because they had the luck of playing a Jacksonville team that had nothing to play for.  Buffalo owes Cincinnati and Andy Dalton for their spot.  If both favorites win, KC goes to New England.  I think KC is a team NE doesn't want to see.  They have beaten them two of the last three times they played, and by a lot.  They have won in Foxborough.  They match up well with New England.  Their offensive speed gives NE fits, and New England isn't built to take advantage of KC's main weakness which is run defense.  That's the reason Pittsburgh owns KC, they run all over them.  New England doesn't have that type of team.  KC might have a better chance of knocking off NE up there than Pittsburgh would.  

Posted (edited)

If McCoy can play and isn't limited, I think Buffalo gives JAX some trouble. Without McCoy, I think JAX rolls them.

I do believe KC blows out Tennessee.

Edited by Pickle20