Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

Kevin Anderson FIRED by Maryland

13 posts in this topic

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/14/16475940/kevin-anderson-fired-maryland-athletic-director

Maryland placed athletic director Kevin Anderson on leave this month and is slated to fire him, according to multiple reports Saturday. The first one:

BREAKING: Kevin Anderson is out as athletic director at Maryland, per sources. #Terps

A Maryland spokesman couldn’t immediately be reached. The firing is a surprise even to people who have worked closely with Anderson. He’d been connected to other athletic director jobs over the years, since not long after he joined the school in 2010. That included Texas in 2013and was rumored to recently include Cal.

University president Wallace Loh informed Anderson of his intentions to relieve Anderson of his duties last weekend, likely ending his seven-year tenure overseeing Terps athletics, per sources. Anderson's quietly been on leave for nearly three weeks, sources said, and hasn't attended the past two football games while Loh moved toward parting ways with him.

Under Armour Kevin Plank intervened last week and it appeared Anderson's dismissal would be put on hold indifenintely. Reports surfaces today that Log fired Anderson this morning, but two sources close to the situation couldn't confirm that.

Edited by Rob

Just what Maryland needs: Limbo.

Hey Loh, Crap or get off the pot.  #leadership

Huh?

https://www.landof10.com/maryland/kevin-anderson-maryland-athletic-director-status

Maryland AD Kevin Anderson to take 6-month ‘sabbatical’

Two days after Maryland denied reports that it had fired athletics director Kevin Anderson, the Terps have placed him on a “six-month sabbatical.”

InsideMDSports’ Jeff Ermann was first to report the news. This comes after MASN’s Bobby Blanco reported Saturday that university president Wallace Loh had fired Anderson, a report that the school disputed. The school will announce this latest move soon, according to Ermann.

Anderson’s email to staff was included in Maryland’s statement on Monday:

Dear Colleagues, During the past several weeks, I have received a tremendous response from across the nation to the Washington Post article that highlighted my work with our student-athletes through “Kicking it with Kevin.” This experience has led me to consider where I want to focus my energies at this point in my career.

To this end, the University of Maryland has granted me the opportunity to remain in my position of Athletic Director while I take a six-month professional development sabbatical to engage in various projects focusing on leadership development, including work with a broad coalition of groups focused on issues of equity, student athlete activism and inclusion in college athletics and working with the NACDA/John McLendon Minority Scholarship Foundation.

I will also continue my personal participation on certain NACDA and NCAA Committees. While on sabbatical, the regular duties of running the department will be performed by an administrator to be selected by President Loh.

Please share this news with staff members in your areas.   

Sincerely,

Kevin Anderson

Athletic Director

This makes absolutely zero sense.  Is there a major bomb about to drop?  There has to be a major investigation or scandal.

22 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

This makes absolutely zero sense.  Is there a major bomb about to drop?  There has to be a major investigation or scandal.

Wouldn’t doubt it if shady Turgeon finally got caught.  Maybe they found diamond stone’s shoe box full of money.

1 hour ago, RileyMartin said:

Wouldn’t doubt it if shady Turgeon finally got caught.  Maybe they found diamond stone’s shoe box full of money.

Might be from failed Edsel's days

9 hours ago, Bawlmerian said:

Might be from failed Edsel's days

Doubt it...they brought that lunatic in to clean up the mess fat fridge created...fridge couldn't even cheat with the best of them...he was giving out x-box's while other programs were giving out houses...what a dope.

Wait, didn't Maryland football go to 7 bowl games and actually win 5 of them, and finish ranked 4 times, in Friedgen's 10 years there?  Ralph may not have built a national title contender, but Edsall created his own mess.

9 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

Wait, didn't Maryland football go to 7 bowl games and actually win 5 of them, and finish ranked 4 times, in Friedgen's 10 years there?  Ralph may not have built a national title contender, but Edsall created his own mess.

This.

As for Anderson, he completely ruined the history of the school.  Class A jerk, with an agenda, and apparently some personal issues as well.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:01 AM, Ravens2006 said:

Yes.  Maryland won under Ralph and has not been relevant since.

On 10/29/2017 at 7:51 PM, Bawlmerian said:

Yes.  Maryland won under Ralph and has not been relevant since.

They weren’t relevant then and the stadium was more than half empty.  

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, RileyMartin said:

They weren’t relevant then and the stadium was more than half empty.  

And what exactly has Kevin Anderson done to improve on that?