Tootsie

Bench Flacco?

210 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

And the reason Newwsome gave for not re-signing him? He didn't think he was durable enough. (Stokley was in the NFL for 15 years.)

;)

Well he did only play 33 games over 4 years in Baltimore and played 16 games in a season only 2 times in his first 6 years.

Playing with Manning definitely didn't hurt his career either.

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Well he did only play 33 games over 4 years in Baltimore and played 16 games in a season only 2 times in his first 6 years.

No doubt.

I guess thats why Ozzie signed "Durable Danny" Woodhead.

56 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I guess thats why Ozzie signed "Durable Danny" Woodhead.

Sometimes...ya just gotta laugh.

:D

10 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Maybe I have selective memory but I didn't Stokley have one quality that we haven't seen here for years- good hands? 

1 minute ago, jamesdean said:

Maybe I have selective memory but I didn't Stokley have one quality that we haven't seen here for years- good hands? 

Absolutely. (And...he was really fast. For a white guy.)

;)

1 minute ago, jamesdean said:

Thought you were going to say talent😉

1 minute ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Thought you were going to say talent😉

Hey bruh...how come your baby mama isn't in your avatar?

:o

(Is that symbolic of: 'she isn't really in the picture'?)

;)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

10 minutes ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Hey bruh...how come your baby mama isn't in your avatar?

:o

(Is that symbolic of: 'she isn't really in the picture'?)

;)

Lol true story

I tried for years to get a pic in that damn thing and havent been able to figure it out since 

Those 2 are now 7 and 5 and no more kids but i will put forth a Flacco like effort 

1 hour ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

Absolutely. (And...he was really fast. For a white guy.)

;)

If I was head of the Ravens scouting department, I'd get them all in a room and literally start screaming, "JUST FIND ME 10 FRICKIN RECEIVERS IN THIS COUNTRY WHO CAN CATCH!!"  I wouldn't care about speed, leaping ability, how much weight they bench, or how athletic they are.  Just get some guys who can catch the damn ball! 

16 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

If I was head of the Ravens scouting department, I'd get them all in a room and literally start screaming, "JUST FIND ME 10 FRICKIN RECEIVERS IN THIS COUNTRY WHO CAN CATCH!!"  I wouldn't care about speed, leaping ability, how much weight they bench, or how athletic they are.  Just get some guys who can catch the damn ball! 

You are wise.

;)

25 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol true story

I tried for years to get a pic in that damn thing and havent been able to figure it out since 

Those 2 are now 7 and 5 and no more kids but i will put forth a Flacco like effort 

Well...I'm certainly proud of the effort you've put forth. And I'm certain that all you need to do to fix it is keep trying and it will work out. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

;)

27 minutes ago, jamesdean said:

Its funny bc you would think logically it's probably should be the first thing a scout should be looking for - in a person who is supposed to be making his living catching a football. Who can catch vs. who can't...

22 hours ago, OriginalColtsFan said:

But Travis Taylor and Brandon Stokley were drafted by Newsome, correct? I'm now including everyone on your list plus Taylor and Stokley. I'll post the complete tally when I'm done.

(Of course...if I wanted to split hairs, Ozzie Newsome was a front office executive from 1996 until November, 2002, when he officially became the GM. So his first draft as official GM wasn't until 2003. Still, it's generally accepted that he was the de facto GM from 1996 until 2002, and that's what I'm going by.)

As an aside...that would be a typical Barbie-Ken argument. "Well, he wasn't the GM until 2002". Yes, but he was, for all intents and purposes the GM even without the title. "Well, he wasn't the GM until 2002". Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

But the original premise of the discussion was WR draft picks after the season with Travis Taylor and Brandon Stokely. (Or so I thought).

On 10/15/2017 at 8:01 PM, OriginalColtsFan said:

Every WR Ozzie Newsome has ever drafted -- COMBINED -- going back to Travis Taylor -- have less TD receptions than Antonio Brown. Let THAT sink in.

Either way..... that's pathetic!

1 hour ago, poefolks said:

Its funny bc you would think logically it's probably should be the first thing a scout should be looking for - in a person who is supposed to be making his living catching a football. Who can catch vs. who can't...

Apparently, Ravens scouts are easily seduced by the speed and overall athletic ability of receivers, meaning how high they can leap, rotate their bodies, etc..thus, the Perriman's of the world can become 1st round draft picks despite being Edward Scissorhand trying to catch the ball.  Maybe that's the biggest problem they have drafting receivers- they're putting tons of money into a big budget movie that goes nowhere. 

36 minutes ago, Rob said:

Either way..... that's pathetic!

I was off by around 35%. But still...it is certifiably pathetic.

1 hour ago, jamesdean said:

Maybe that's the biggest problem they have drafting receivers- they're putting tons of money into a big budget movie that goes nowhere. 

I don't know that tons of money is accurate. Looking at that list that was posted, there's only two #1 picks, one #2 , and two 3's if I read it correctly. The rest are a bunch of 4-7's. Mostly 5-7's who don't cost a lot of money and aren't really expected to impact the team. Most of the receiver money goes into free agents, i.e Mason, Bolden, Smith Sr, Wallace, and Maclin. So far which has been money well spent. 

2 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

I don't know that tons of money is accurate. Looking at that list that was posted, there's only two #1 picks, one #2 , and two 3's if I read it correctly. The rest are a bunch of 4-7's. Mostly 5-7's who don't cost a lot of money and aren't really expected to impact the team. Most of the receiver money goes into free agents, i.e Mason, Bolden, Smith Sr, Wallace, and Maclin. So far which has been money well spent. 

:rolleyes:

(It's more than a little ironic that the same person who's been on here defending Perriman is the same person who would even dare to try to defend a 20 year failure to either draft or procure a legitimate #1 take over the game type of wide receiver. It's a 100% failure. Complete. Total. Indisputable. Yet here he is...disputing it. I rest my case. Of course, he'll say he was only disputing the "tons of money" comment. And that's what he does. He marginalizes some irrelevant point while missing the main picture completely. That, my friends, is Barbie-Ken. It's what he's been doing for as long as he's been here. And it's what he'll do as long as he's here.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Joe's QBR for each game:

average quarterback will have a QBR around 50                       @ TEN  56.9; v MIA  55.7

a Pro Bowl-level player will have a QBR around 75                   @ OAK  85.7; v CLE  74.2

anything under 25 is a below average QBR                            @ MIN  15.2; v CHI  14.9; v PIT  18.7; @ JAX  0.6; @ CIN  29.5

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

With the way Flacco is playing, I bet the Ravens regret not signing Colin Kaepernick. 

No, not quite.  First, even with the way he is playing Flacco is still a better QB than Kaepernick.  Second, the Ravens don't need another distraction.  Third, since Kaepernick is still available they could easily take care of that regret by signing him now.  The fact that they don't validates that they believe the first two reasons I gave.  

14 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I'm going to try and sat this as nicely as I possibly can:  you should stop posting in the Ravens forum.  You clearly are out of your element, and the posters here are far too savvy to take your baiting posts.  Save yourself a little dignity, stick to the political forums.