johnpolitics

Heartless Trump tells widow.."he knew what he signed up for

361 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Speaking as an observer when it comes to voting (I don't partake), during the campaign this kind of over the top crazy behavior was the "Daily Trump". I wouldn't have bet a penny on Trump to win. Nobody did. Every poll but one picked HRC as an EASY  win. HRC basically ran on "I'm not him", and had the full force of the MSM behind her. Easily out spent him. The scary thing is the dems are running the same campaign again! It's attack attack attack, which is a good strategy with all his faults most of the time , but it failed. I mean, if they don't change the strategy, how do you win? Does that make sense to you?

It was a devil you know vs. one you don't know scenario last time. The American public knows this devil now, and he's worse than most normal people could ever imagine Hillary to be.

15 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I didn’t say I saw anything good in him; I said I didn’t think he was disgusting enough to deliberately insult the memory of that soldier.

He's just disgusting enough not to know any better, or have any idea that he was even being offensive in the first place. Complete BOOR of a man. Proof positive that money can't buy you class...

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

It was a devil you know vs. one you don't know scenario last time. The American public knows this devil now, and he's worse than most normal people could ever imagine Hillary to be.

Like choosing between "The chair" and "lethal injection". 

3 hours ago, stevez51 said:

I'd like to know more of the conversation and not just a few lines before making judgement. Since it was a privileged conversation between the widow & President, the Congress woman should have let the widow handle it.

And in walks one of Trump's Chumps to attempt some spin. You guys are consistent if nothing else. 

What are we doing with military in Niger of all places, or Somalia, Iraq,  or Afghanistan after 16 years . We've  got   to stop being policeman of the world then things like this wouldn't happen . 

Saying the wrong thing during the phone call would be one thing. 

The real problem is that any previous President back through at least Roosevelt would have said there was a misunderstanding and would have tried to clear it up with the family. Instead we get a tweet about fabrication and having "proof", which is possible (although not likely at all) but not the point. 

He just makes it about him. These people lost their husband and son. And he's just making it about him. It's easy to clear up. Call them back. But he can't give anyone anything if it looks like he's apologizing or wrong at all.

I won't be surprised if he starts going after the family, at all. He probably now feels slighted by them like he did the Khan family and McCain, and that ended up pretty messed up.

2 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Not even remotely close. 

5 hours ago, songfourone said:

The president was reacting to a Florida congresswoman saying the family of Sgt. La David T. Johnson was “astonished” by that remark during a phone call from Trump on Tuesday. Trump said he has “proof” that the conversation did not happen as recounted by Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D.) He did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow, Myeshia, was shaken by the exchange.

“She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/10/18/totally-fabricated-trump-disputes-congresswomans-depiction-of-his-exchange-with-soldiers-widow/?utm_term=.c782a2782a8f

"She added: “This man is a sick man. He is cold-hearted. He feels no pity or sympathy for anyone. This is a grieving widow, a grieving widow who is six months pregnant. She is only 24 years old and she has two other children."

True that

2 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Not even remotely close. 

How can you tell me what I felt about the choice given to America?

56 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

How can you tell me what I felt about the choice given to America?

I'm not telling you what you feel, I'm telling that what you feel is widely off the mark. But it is a common feeling, held, coincidently, by those who oppose her policies anyway.

A convenient feeling, one might say.

Edited by hst2

3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

And in walks one of Trump's Chumps to attempt some spin. You guys are consistent if nothing else. 

Little late Ken, I did see where the wife concurred.

20 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

The widow is pregnant. He has NO empathy ability. God I miss Obama!

You and ISIS.

1 minute ago, RileyMartin said:

You and ISIS.

Why? ISIS was decimated under Obama.

Oh why do I even bother.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Why? ISIS was decimated under Obama.

Oh why do I even bother.

Because you have nothing better to do.

3 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

You and ISIS.

So what do you think of Trump's phone call to the young widow?

Just now, RileyMartin said:

Because you have nothing better to do.

Heh. Maybe I don't. But schooling Trumpers is never a complete waste of time.

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Heh. Maybe I don't. But schooling Trumpers is never a complete waste of time.

Everyone knows Trump loves the uneducated so they are almost impossible to school.

6 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

So what do you think of Trump's phone call to the young widow?

I cannot believe people are exploiting this poor young woman to score cheap political points that will be forgotten in 5 hours.   With that being said, the left loves exploiting women and people of color so this is like Christmas for the Keith Obermann, Harvey Weinstein johnpolitics type people.

Anyone else ready for some impeachment action yet?

It's a long process... 'gotta start somewhere/sometime...

2 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Anyone else ready for some impeachment action yet?

It's a long process... 'gotta start somewhere/sometime...

Is impeachment a new strain ...?

21 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

I'm no Trump fan but I wouldn't consider his statement "heartless" and I don't think he meant it in a bad way. Sure it was clumsy buy that's just him anyway.

Of course he didn't mean it "in bad way."

The thing is, the presidents of the USA, except for a few exceptions (such as George W Bush and now Cheeto-face), have traditionally been world-class communicators. That is what we expect of a president. 

Even the best wordsmiths are at a loss sometimes, but it's not like he ran into her and then fumbled for the words off the top of his head. He deliberately set out to call the widow, offer words of comfort and his respects for the deceased. THIS WAS HIS F-ING JOB. 

Actually, given that he was quoted in complete sentences rather than the usual run-ons and sentence-fragments, it may have been Stephen Miller who penned the train-wreck remarks. I expect even worse, more dithering idiocy from Trump.

Edited by dogstarman

9 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

I cannot believe people are exploiting this poor young woman to score cheap political points that will be forgotten in 5 hours.   With that being said, the left loves exploiting women and people of color so this is like Christmas for the Keith Obermann, Harvey Weinstein johnpolitics type people.

So nothing about Trump's choice of words and it might have been forgotten if Trump had keep his mouth shut instead of making it worse.  I understand you have you head so far up his arse you can't see the light.

4 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

I think one thing that will backfire on him is his constant bashing his predecessor, and using the word "I" too much. Instead of saying "We are working on getting healthcare straightened out" he has to make it about "I will take down the catastrophe of Obamacare". I was particularly struck this morning when he was touting the victory over ISIS, he said "I have totally changed the military and ISIS is on the run_(paraphrasing)". Instead of "Our military has made huge process against ISIS, and we will give them whatever they need to keep us safe". And the constant tweeting. I think if the dems make it about issues and stay on message, and take the high road (remember? When they go low, we go high.) I would let him dig his own grave and cover himself up. That being said, I hope somebody new for a different party would come along. ugh

That statement is particularly ridiculous because he has done absolutely NOTHING with the military.  The military has not only not "totally changed", it hasn't changed at all.  He has a habit of taking complete credit for things he had nothing to do with, and at the same time accepting ZERO blame for absolutely anything that happens on his watch.  It's very infuriating.

4 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

It was actually closer to choosing between "the death penalty" and "25 to life with the possibility of parole"... and even that's stretching it