johnpolitics

Heartless Trump tells widow.."he knew what he signed up for

361 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

I think the point is Obama wouldn't have gotten himself in this situation. Nor Bush nor any other POTUS.

But I agree, at some point people have to start acting like adults. The Congresswoman should have kept her mouth shut.

He needs to be removed from office. He's unfit for the job and it is becoming worse every day.

23 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I think you are wrong, her actions were politically motivated.  Trump's statement included a line that you just can't say to a grieving family.  Even though I don't think he meant it the way the press is building it up to be, you just don't even go there.  For that he was wrong.  Not that he hasn't brought it on himself or deserve it, but she jumped on it for political reasons.  It's not surprising that Trump mishandled the entire thing from the beginning, but I have a hard time believing her reaction would have been the same had it been President Obama who made the exact same statement.  

Obama wouldn’t have done what Trump did

The closest example to Niger is Benghazi, which Obama addressed immediately. He didn’t wait two weeks like Trump

All Presidents tend to have huge egos but Trump’s inability to admit he ever screws up is unmatched by any prior President

15 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

I think the point is Obama wouldn't have gotten himself in this situation. Nor Bush nor any other POTUS.

But I agree, at some point people have to start acting like adults. The Congresswoman should have kept her mouth shut.

I agree.  Any other politician would have realized what not to say.  Trump is simply not at all good at being presidential.  He's really not good at much of anything outside of being able to work up the people who support him.  The fact that he can't get anything done with a congress of his own party proves that.  Although quite honestly I'm not sure his party is behind him either.  I think most of them now regret that they didn't push harder for the RNC to deny him the nomination when they had the chance.  

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

The closest example to Niger is Benghazi, which Obama addressed immediately. He didn’t wait two weeks like Trump

All Presidents tend to have huge egos but Trump’s inability to admit he ever screws up is unmatched by any prior President

Won't deny that.  Trump will never admit he is wrong.  And it won't change because he is incapable of changing.  

4 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I agree.  Any other politician would have realized what not to say.  

Any other human being would know what not to say

8 hours ago, Papi said:

Fredericka Wilson needs to have her sorry butt kicked out of congress. What a tool...

7 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

Oh and this congresswoman, if she actually cared, would’ve quietly gotten in touch with Kelly and said, ‘the family was not happy with the Presidents call, work on that for the future’.

The Congresswoman has been friends with the family for a very long time. She cared too much, one might say.

Trump is still outright lying even after the Kelly statement

6 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Then what does that make Trump who has repeatedly lied about the topic since Monday?

Same as the Congresswoman but without the hat?

6 hours ago, soulflower said:

Yeah, it was that damn movie ......

13 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Trump is still outright lying even after the Kelly statement

That's what he does.  There's no down-side for him.  His base eats this crap up.

8 hours ago, songfourone said:

Not one Gold Star family but 3 Gold Star families.

SMFH.

What is this Gold Star Family stuff..?? An American soldier is an American soldier. What do gold stars have to do with it.

Is one soldiers life worth more because of a gold star.??

23 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Yeah, it was that damn movie ......

Damn the CIA if you think the assessment was wrong

"The 90 percent conclusion that General Petraeus reached was that this was caused by the video, and it was a spontaneous demonstration," said King. "The one thing he was ruling out was terrorist involvement.

Peter King: Petraeus 'Definitive' — Video Led to Benghazi Attack

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

The Congresswoman has been friends with the family for a very long time. She cared too much, one might say.

I don’t care, she has not handled this properly. She was on CNN again this morning still running her mouth. Please. Enough.

11 hours ago, songfourone said:

The truth hurts?

What Truth? You choose to hurl insults at Tillerson and Kelley and call that "truth"? It is pure partisan BS. Nothing more. 

10 hours ago, songfourone said:

At least she was honest about what was said or are you going to call the Gold Star family liars as well?

She politicized what should have been a private conversation. She's a worthless tool in my opinion. She should shove that stupid hat in her pie hole and choke on it. If you don't like my opinion of her, well Scarlett, I don't give.....

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

With a friend like that I fear for the family.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I don’t care, she has not handled this properly. She was on CNN again this morning still running her mouth. Please. Enough.

The Trump is still tweeting that she lied, even though his Kelly confirmed.

Just now, Papi said:

"The deceased soldier was an alumnus of the 5,000 Role Models of Excellence Project, a mentoring program Wilson started for youths pursuing military careers among other fields. So were his brothers. One received a full scholarship to Bethune Cookman College and the other is training to become a firefighter.

Wilson's connection to the family goes back at least one generation. She told CNN that she was the principal of a school that Johnson's father attended.'

link

Yeah, what a terrible friend.

14 minutes ago, Papi said:

What Truth? You choose to hurl insults at Tillerson and Kelley and call that "truth"? It is pure partisan BS. Nothing more. 

Trump was the one that politicized Kerry's sons death.

Truth.

13 minutes ago, Papi said:

She politicized what should have been a private conversation. She's a worthless tool in my opinion. She should shove that stupid hat in her pie hole and choke on it. If you don't like my opinion of her, well Scarlett, I don't give.....

The Gold Star family obviously requested her being there, she was an old friend of the family.

Are you calling that Gold Star family liars?

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Teh betaverse NEVER gives in.

"...all your bases... belong to us!"

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

She lied that he "disrespected the family" with a callous intent - that seems to be the whole point here. Paint him in the most negative light possible because he is clumsey with his words - for political purposes. There is no question that the Moron in Chief can't handle such calls with the same level of eloquence that President Obama would have, but to suggest some sort of negative intent by Trump is the lie. 

Just now, Papi said:

She lied that he "disrespected the family" with a callous intent - that seems to be the whole point here. Paint him in the most negative light possible because he is clumsey with his words - for political purposes. There is no question that the Moron in Chief can't handle such calls with the same level of eloquence that President Obama would have, but to suggest some sort of negative intent by Trump is the lie. 

Trump feels that soldiers who are captured are losers. I hate to imagine what he thinks of soldiers who die, especially on his watch.

1 minute ago, Papi said:

An 'opinion' is not a lie.

Rhetoric rules around here...

11 minutes ago, Papi said:

With a president like this I fear for the entire nation.

Someone had to swallow their dignity to come attempt to fix the  s***storm of his causing,

SSDD.