Baltimatt

Jefferson Davis School in Jackson, MS, to be renamed after Barack Obama

266 posts in this topic

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

Yes. And YOU made the accusation. YOU are the one who needs to back it up. And YOU have a history of not doing that. :D

What accusation?  I said its not in the Constitution, how is that an accusation?  Now you don't even know how to use and interpret the English language.  

4 minutes ago, ericpd said:

Yes it absolutely was! There were several protocols bounding the states, even the Congressional members from the south recognized this. There were three attempts to avail themselves of these protocols, and on each attempt they failed. At that point one by one they stopped showing up when Congress convened. Instead, they chose to begin meeting in the basement of a Richmond home to further plan and conspire against the United States of America. Bird is right,... you sure are engaging in a lot of revisionism.

No matter what you say, Smokey is the supreme authority on HIS version of the Civil War.

Edited by ncbirdfan

1 minute ago, ericpd said:

Smokey,... there were Congressional seats from each and every state in the Union. Including South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, etc. Are you saying you read somewhere where these states had no representation in Congress? And if so,... you believed it. 

Prove your premise that the seceded states had representatives in Congress after they seceded.  

2 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

No matter what you say, Smokey is the supreme authority on HIS version of the Civil War.

Why can't you and eric back up your assertions?  

Edited by Smokey 1

Just now, Smokey 1 said:

What do you want me to prove again?

2 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

What do you want me to prove again?

Forget it, I am signing off to go watch some football.  Later.

27 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Prove your premise that the seceded states had representatives in Congress after they seceded.  

Hahaha,... what do you think. all the other Congressional representatives voted to have their seat removed in their absence. And again Smokey,... there was no secession, only a desire to do so. That desire led to first a couple of legal petitions submitted to Congress for vote, then after that failure, an illegal attempt by means of armed insurrection,... which also was a big fat failure. The CSA, secession, or my other trickery designed by the south to add an air of legitimacy ti their criminal acts of treason and conspiracy was just that,... trickery. A pipe dream,... no different than day dreaming as to what you'd do if you won the lottery!  

38 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Why can't you learn US history on your own? Why do you need us assist you?

36 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Hahaha!

4 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Antonin Scalia:

“…the answer is clear. If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

Notice I didn't give you some random book without any context, etc. like you did but actually gave you a quote from someone you just might respect. ;)

Edited by ncbirdfan

4 hours ago, ericpd said:

Hahaha,... what do you think. all the other Congressional representatives voted to have their seat removed in their absence. And again Smokey,... there was no secession, only a desire to do so. That desire led to first a couple of legal petitions submitted to Congress for vote, then after that failure, an illegal attempt by means of armed insurrection,... which also was a big fat failure. The CSA, secession, or my other trickery designed by the south to add an air of legitimacy ti their criminal acts of treason and conspiracy was just that,... trickery. A pipe dream,... no different than day dreaming as to what you'd do if you won the lottery!  

I just gave him a quote on the secession issue from Supreme Court Justice Scalia. Of course he will move the goal posts again just like he always does. He'll say something like, "Did they have blue uniforms?" and conclude that he is right - about what? Nobody knows.

The War of Northern Aggression, many war crimes were never prosecuted.

Does anybody have an estimated time of when Jefferson's name comes down of the school? I'm just curious about when exactly he will be erased from all history books and people's minds.

1 hour ago, bmorepunk said:

Does anybody have an estimated time of when Jefferson's name comes down of the school? I'm just curious about when exactly he will be erased from all history books and people's minds.

So removing his name from 1 school equates to all history books and people's minds.

10 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

So removing his name from 1 school equates to all history books and people's minds.

I think bmorepunk was being sarcastic.