Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

Gallup Trump Job Approval by Race, Education, Age, Gender and Party

52 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Lombardi6 said:

The people that chose Hillary to run against Trump are brilliant.

Nah, they're pretty dumb. Not as dumb as most Trump supporters, though.

3 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Nah, they're pretty dumb. Not as dumb as most Trump supporters, though.

Between Hillary and Bernie, I chose the grownup, not the guy making promises he couldn’t keep

Republicans otoh, chose a Reality TV star who pretends to be a Tycoon

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Between Hillary and Bernie, I chose the grownup, not the guy making promises he couldn’t keep

Republicans otoh, chose a Reality TV star who pretends to be a Tycoon

Hillary was the better choice of those two, sure. You mean to imply that in a field of tens of millions of Democrats, those two were the best they had? I certainly hope not.

3 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Hillary was the better choice of those two, sure. You mean to imply that in a field of tens of millions of Democrats, those two were the best they had? I certainly hope not.

I wasn’t happy with our choices and I think I started a thread some time in 2015 criticizing Dems for discouraging people from running against Hillary 2016. 

It never should’ve been a coronation. But Republicans are the ones who deserve more shame as they passed on several decent candidates and handed us Trump. 

Edited by soulflower

Hillary might have made a fine president. Had she been  a man, she would not have been so disliked. The qualities in her that people dislike, they admire in a man.

The comment that the people who chose her are dumb, which is the majority of voters, btw, is absurd because she showed that she is clearly competent and has a good grasp of the issues.

One thing that stands out is that a lot  people who claim they dislike her, or that she is disliked, or dishonest or corrupt, tend to disagree with her politically. They are then probably being dishonest in their appraisal. For that adds to their distaste of her, but goes unmentioned. In doing this, they degrade her and just about every other reasonable politician by putting them near or on the same plane as Donald Trump, who is simply a horrifyingly incompetent and corrupt human being.

18 minutes ago, soulflower said:

I wasn’t happy with our choices and I think I started a thread some time in 2015 criticizing Dems for discouraging people from running against Hillary 2016. 

It never should’ve been a coronation. But Republicans are the ones who deserve more shame as they passed on several decent candidates and handed us Trump. 

Well, Cruz was in the running, and he's also pretty repulsive. But he's probably not a nut. I stipulate that Trump is bad; I have never said he's good. The problem is that the Democrats somehow still think Hillary's biggest problem wasn't Hillary.

12 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The comment that the people who chose her are dumb, which is the majority of voters, btw, is absurd because she showed that she is clearly competent and has a good grasp of the issues.

One thing that stands out is that a lot  people who claim they dislike her, or that she is disliked, or dishonest or corrupt, tend to disagree with her politically. They are then probably being dishonest in their appraisal. For that adds to their distaste of her, but goes unmentioned. In doing this, they degrade her and just about every other reasonable politician by putting them near or on the same plane as Donald Trump, who is simply a horrifyingly incompetent and corrupt human being.

And yet, she could not beat Trump. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about how  good a candidate she was.

I disagree with some of her politics. I already explained why I did not like her for the job. You and others dismiss those concerns for the same reason you claim others magnify them: partisanship.

2 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Well, Cruz was in the running, and he's also pretty repulsive. But he's probably not a nut. I stipulate that Trump is bad; I have never said he's good. The problem is that the Democrats somehow still think Hillary's biggest problem wasn't Hillary.

Some Dems worship Hillary

In the early 00s, I had a college professor who was obsessed with Mrs. Clinton. 

People like that will never accept that she had some personal flaws that she couldn’t overcome. Still, she was light years better than Trump. 

33 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

And yet, she could not beat Trump. That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about how  good a candidate she was.

I disagree with some of her politics. I already explained why I did not like her for the job. You and others dismiss those concerns for the same reason you claim others magnify them: partisanship.

Oh, Trump is one of the greatest candidates of all time. All demagogues are. George Wallace was a great candidiate. Huey Long was a great candidate. But there is quite a bit more to being a grerat and competent leader than riling up the masses. Up until now, Americans have resisted such madness. But no more.

This Republican Congressman put it best:

""...the people that voted for me in Kentucky, and the people who had voted for Rand Paul in Iowa several years before, were now voting for Trump. In fact, the people that voted for Rand in a primary in Kentucky were preferring Trump."

"All this time," Massie explained, "I thought they were voting for libertarian Republicans. But after some soul searching I realized when they voted for Rand and Ron and me in these primaries, they weren't voting for libertarian ideas — they were voting for the craziest son of a ***** in the race. And Donald Trump won best in class..."" 

Link

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Oh, Trump is one of the greatest candidates of all time. All demagogues are. George Wallace was a great candidiate. Huey Long was a great candidate. But there is quite a bit more to being a grerat and competent leader than riling up the masses. Up until now, Americans have resisted such madness. But no more.

This Republican Congressman put it best:

""...the people that voted for me in Kentucky, and the people who had voted for Rand Paul in Iowa several years before, were now voting for Trump. In fact, the people that voted for Rand in a primary in Kentucky were preferring Trump."

"All this time," Massie explained, "I thought they were voting for libertarian Republicans. But after some soul searching I realized when they voted for Rand and Ron and me in these primaries, they weren't voting for libertarian ideas — they were voting for the craziest son of a ***** in the race. And Donald Trump won best in class..."" 

Link

Many thought nothing as teh TeaParty morphed into the Band of Deplorables.

Others of us gave warnings; 'empowerment' is a dull-edged tool.

...and you know what 'some folks do' with blunt objects...

Now we have a caucus more ignorant than most, proud of it and willing to fight to the death over their right to it.  To this constituency, gone are thousands of years of study, knowledge and wisdom,  as these things are deemed 'elitist' and 'unnecessary'.  The Constitution is nothing but a bludgeon, the same with 'religion'.  Nuance and critical thinking are dead, buried with the rest of the detritus of Western civilization save rebel flags and large, loud pickup trucks.

You reap what you sow, and the Modern Republicans have sown chaos.

10 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Many thought nothing as teh TeaParty morphed into the Band of Deplorables.

Others of us gave warnings; 'empowerment' is a dull-edged tool.

...and you know what 'some folks do' with blunt objects...

Now we have a caucus more ignorant than most, proud of it and willing to fight to the death over their right to it.  To this constituency, gone are thousands of years of study, knowledge and wisdom,  as these things are deemed 'elitist' and 'unnecessary'.  The Constitution is nothing but a bludgeon, the same with 'religion'.  Nuance and critical thinking are dead, buried with the rest of the detritus of Western civilization save rebel flags and large, loud pickup trucks.

You reap what you sow, and the Modern Republicans have sown chaos.

As Michael Gerson wrote, of Trump: "his nearly complete ignorance of policy and history, which condemns him to live in the eternal present of his own immediate desires."

But we're supposed to believe Hillary was no better, or even worse.

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

No, Hillary was one of the worst. This is the fundamental point you somehow refuse to see. A pray for the sake of the country that the rest of the Democrats have better vision.

10 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

No, Hillary was one of the worst. This is the fundamental point you somehow refuse to see. A pray for the sake of the country that the rest of the Democrats have better vision.

She lost narrowly. By 70,000 votes between three states

Hillary was a flawed candidate for sure but it’s not like she lost in a Blow-Out. 

8 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Hillary was a flawed candidate for sure but it’s not like she lost in a Blow-Out. 

My point, which seems lost on those who can only tout her virtues, is that she was a poor choice and almost anyone else could have beaten Trump. If the Democrats don't choose more wisely in 2020, Trump, with an incumbent's edge, may well garner a second term. Which would be hideous.

George W Bush was low IQ and poorly engaged. Barack Obama focused on the wrong thing early in his presidency (health care when he should have been devoted to the economy until it was fixed) and his effort contains many flaws - the result of regarding his legacy as more important that the good of the nation. And now Trump. I almost shudder when I speculate which horrible choices we'll be offered in '20. Three quite bad leaders in a row.

Edited by Evil Yoda

On 10/18/2017 at 1:01 PM, michiganjoe said:

Not much demographic reach there.

How dare those whites without college degrees who used their own capital to start businesses and actually employ people vote against their own interests. Your demographic reach is flawed. 

Edited by volperdinger

2 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

Congressman Massie hit the nail on the head, and you are free to ignore it. In a sense, she was the only one. But enough voters preferred a clown. If enough people prefer that, it doesn't necessarily matter who the Democrats run.

So, while we're at it, why not describe the kind of candidate that the Democrats should have run, or should run?

2 hours ago, soulflower said:

When you look at what she lost to it is the equivalent of the Washington Generals beating the Globetrotters.

Hillary should give the fake glass that was supposed to fall in her native NYC to the Globetrotters to throw on their crowds.

One wonders how the election would go if it was today.

21 minutes ago, hst2 said:

One wonders how the election would go if it was today.

If one has nothing better to do...President is no different from the candidate.  After hearing Hillary blame everyone but herself and her friend and Hamptons neighbor Harvey Weinstein being public ally unmasked she would probably lose the popular vote if the election were held now.

2 hours ago, volperdinger said:

How dare those whites without college degrees who used their own capital to start businesses and actually employ people vote against their own interests. Your demographic reach is flawed. 

The successful are not Trump's demographic. Try again.

2 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

The successful are not Trump's demographic. Try again.

You equate success with a college degree?

4 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

My point, which seems lost on those who can only tout her virtues, is that she was a poor choice and almost anyone else could have beaten Trump. If the Democrats don't choose more wisely in 2020, Trump, with an incumbent's edge, may well garner a second term. Which would be hideous.

George W Bush was low IQ and poorly engaged. Barack Obama focused on the wrong thing early in his presidency (health care when he should have been devoted to the economy until it was fixed) and his effort contains many flaws - the result of regarding his legacy as more important that the good of the nation. And now Trump. I almost shudder when I speculate which horrible choices we'll be offered in '20. Three quite bad leaders in a row.

We didn't have good choices in 2016 and I think Hillary would've gotten blown out if she ran against someone like John Kasich. But against Trump she lost a very winnable election by slim margins. It easily could've swung in Hillary's favor had she gotten better Turnout on the Dem side. But still, that wouldn't erase her flaws as a politician.

I disagree that Obama was a bad President. He inherited a crap sandwich from Bush (wars, Recession, etc) and left the US in good shape economically and abroad (one exception being the North Korea issue). 

Edited by soulflower

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Congressman Massie hit the nail on the head, and you are free to ignore it. In a sense, she was the only one. But enough voters preferred a clown. If enough people prefer that, it doesn't necessarily matter who the Democrats run.

So, while we're at it, why not describe the kind of candidate that the Democrats should have run, or should run?

You may laugh, but... Al Franken. Someone like him, but younger.

52 minutes ago, RileyMartin said:

You equate success with a college degree?

Nope. But there are several kinds of people who lack degrees. Some are self made and sharp. These are not Trump voters; they are too smart for that. The Trump voters are the segment that's frequently seen on shows like "COPS" wearing a stained wife beater and a set of handcuffs.

7 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

You may laugh, but... Al Franken. Someone like him, but younger.

No, not laughing. You recognize how important show business has become in our political arena. Trump has certainly proved that. While it doesn't bode well for our democratic system, I think we have hit rock bottom with Trump. Although what knows, President Kid Rock could be next.

However, with that in mind, and we've sort of been around and around with this, while you blame Democrats for not nominating an entertainer for president, I blame the American people for rejecting a stateswoman.

Either well, it doesn't bode well for our republic.