Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scaggsville

Gallup Trump Job Approval by Race, Education, Age, Gender and Party

52 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, hst2 said:

No, not laughing. You recognize how important show business has become in our political arena. Trump has certainly proved that. While it doesn't bode well for our democratic system, I think we have hit rock bottom with Trump. Although what knows, President Kid Rock could be next.

However, with that in mind, and we've sort of been around and around with this, while you blame Democrats for not nominating an entertainer for president, I blame the American people for rejecting a stateswoman.

Either well, it doesn't bode well for our republic.

You do have to be able to communicate, but... read Franken's books. He is a legitimate progressive (I know because I disagree with some of his ideas) and has handled himself well as a senator, as far as I can tell from the outside. My default assumption is that people go into that line of work because they see it as a stepping stone to private enterprise sinecures and/or lobbying gigs. But he at least talks the talk.

The American people didn't reject her for being a stateswoman. I hope the Democrats are better able to understand this than you appear to be.

1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

You do have to be able to communicate, but... read Franken's books. He is a legitimate progressive (I know because I disagree with some of his ideas) and has handled himself well as a senator, as far as I can tell from the outside. My default assumption is that people go into that line of work because they see it as a stepping stone to private enterprise sinecures and/or lobbying gigs. But he at least talks the talk.

The American people didn't reject her for being a stateswoman. I hope the Democrats are better able to understand this than you appear to be.

Yeah, but the fact that she is a stateswoman didn't matter to enough voters. TheirĀ interest in having a president that is an entertainer versus a stateswoman reveals a deeperĀ problem than who the Democrats nominated. And I agree that with Franken, you basically get both.