Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

2017-18 Baltimore Metro HS Basketball Thread

191 posts in this topic

Hammond and Woodlawn, a best matchup? LMAO! Stick to your day job. Hammond is probably the 9th best team in HoCo. They just lost to Marriotts Ridge, the third worst team in the county. You need to get out more.

18 hours ago, BMORE79 said:

St Joe won big over AACS..

How is MSJ beating AACS 81-75 winning big. Pallotti beat AACS 71-37 Friday night.

6 minutes ago, Bobcat74 said:

How is MSJ beating AACS 81-75 winning big. Pallotti beat AACS 71-37 Friday night.

MSJ beat AACS by 22.

1 hour ago, themamba said:

Hammond and Woodlawn, a best matchup? LMAO! Stick to your day job. Hammond is probably the 9th best team in HoCo. They just lost to Marriotts Ridge, the third worst team in the county. You need to get out more.

Hammond's record is not what makes the match intriguing, it's the 6'7 transfer kid Jalen who is just hitting his stride and will be a factor against a tough Woodlawn team.    You can continue to stalk, and be rude and follow my every post, and think you know something when I will always know more, and I will continue to talk basketball in the hopes that other posters will participate without the ignorance.   

17 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

Hammond's record is not what makes the match intriguing, it's the 6'7 transfer kid Jalen who is just hitting his stride and will be a factor against a tough Woodlawn team.    You can continue to stalk, and be rude and follow my every post, and think you know something when I will always know more, and I will continue to talk basketball in the hopes that other posters will participate without the ignorance.   

You have no idea what you are talking about, no matter how impressed you are with yourself. If 4-5 Hammond is on par with Woodlawn, HoCo is the best league in the state, then. You may be right, about the Bears hitting their stride. Following their loss to Marriots Ridge, they did beat 1-8 Wilde Lake by 2, 44-42, last Friday. Or maybe Wilde Lake is hitting their stride, they had just given up 83 points to Glenelg. Carry on, I didn't mean to interrupt your expert analysis.

Edited by themamba

2 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

10 days in and we’ve got 2018’s post of the year. I think I started yelling “WORLDSTAR” after reading...

Hahahahaha!! Yeah, he figured out the troll early on! Grown men, following other grown men around a message board, whatever he's doing in his life, must really suck! 

3 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hahahahaha!! Yeah, he figured out the troll early on! Grown men, following other grown men around a message board, whatever he's doing in his life, must really suck! 

It’s bad. I’m not joking, there’s a full scale meltdown going on. I give the guy a week before he banishes himself to mocofb.com. That is the tragectory of these things, right? 

:D  Skirts showing all over the place.....  :P

19 hours ago, themamba said:

You have no idea what you are talking about, no matter how impressed you are with yourself. If 4-5 Hammond is on par with Woodlawn, HoCo is the best league in the state, then. You may be right, about the Bears hitting their stride. Following their loss to Marriots Ridge, they did beat 1-8 Wilde Lake by 2, 44-42, last Friday. Or maybe Wilde Lake is hitting their stride, they had just given up 83 points to Glenelg. Carry on, I didn't mean to interrupt your expert analysis.

Confirmed your comprehension deficit for sure.  What part of "...Jalen hitting his stride" made you comprehend that as "Bears hitting their stride"????    I'll call the slow bus for you.    Jalen will match up well with Woodlawn's interior PERIOD.   Been watching him since 16u AAU season.      You're a sad, pathetic little stalker and I will continue to shut you down with your idiotic attempts to discredit what I say.   Once again   1/10th.      Back to Basketball...

Did anyone catch that sold out thriller on Chase Street Last Night????   Saint Frances is nationally ranked and showing why!

39 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

Confirmed your comprehension deficit for sure.  What part of "...Jalen hitting his stride" made you comprehend that as "Bears hitting their stride"????    I'll call the slow bus for you.    Jalen will match up well with Woodlawn's interior PERIOD.   Been watching him since 16u AAU season.      You're a sad, pathetic little stalker and I will continue to shut you down with your idiotic attempts to discredit what I say.   Once again   1/10th.      Back to Basketball...

Did anyone catch that sold out thriller on Chase Street Last Night????   Saint Frances is nationally ranked and showing why!

Damn, just only 24 posts in and you already talk the talk of a bad@zz vet who has been here for a long time and before.  You Go Boy!!!  :D

22 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Damn, just only 24 posts in and you already talk the talk of a bad@zz vet who has been here for a long time and before.  You Go Boy!!!  :D

What do you think of John Carroll losing twice to Saint Frances in the regular season even with #10 in the country guard IQ? 

Calipari was there last night.  

1 hour ago, BmoreSports77 said:

What’s your top 5 in the Baltimore metro for basketball right now? Public and private included. 

Also if you follow the WCAC, who do have as your top 3? DeMatha and PVI are on a collision course between two national Top 10 teams. 

2 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

What’s your top 5 in the Baltimore metro for basketball right now? Public and private included. 

Also if you follow the WCAC, who do have as your top 3? DeMatha and PVI are on a collision course between two national Top 10 teams. 

Balto Top 5 right now for me are;

Saint Frances

John Carroll

Poly

MSJ 

and number 5 would be whoever wins today in the Milford v Dunbar game.

In the WCAC gotta add Gonzaga to those two to round out the top 3.   Gonzaga is Saint Frances' only loss in the area.   Also right now Paul VI is ranked #11 by USA today (in the super 25 and none of the others are top 25 but when you look at their computer rankings, then Deamtha and Gonzag are 4 and 5 nationally and Paul VI is #12. 

34 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

Balto Top 5 right now for me are;

Saint Frances

John Carroll

Poly

MSJ 

and number 5 would be whoever wins today in the Milford v Dunbar game.

In the WCAC gotta add Gonzaga to those two to round out the top 3.   Gonzaga is Saint Frances' only loss in the area.   Also right now Paul VI is ranked #11 by USA today (in the super 25 and none of the others are top 25 but when you look at their computer rankings, then Deamtha and Gonzag are 4 and 5 nationally and Paul VI is #12. 

Yea I don’t follow the USA Today rankings too much, but the latest expert list I saw from them had DeMatha at #5 after manhandling #6 McEachern(GA), Gonzaga at #8 after beating #18 Mater Dei(CA) and PVI at #16 after beating #22 Oakridge(FL). I figured PVI would jump into the top 10 after handling Gonzaga the other night. I’m very interested to see the DM vs PVI match up. I think it’s going to come down to what PVI does with DM’s sophomore 7’ center Dickinson. He changes the entire game for opposing teams. 

How do you think John Carroll vs SFA round 2 goes down? Does MSJ have it in the tank to leap those two? 

2 hours ago, BmoreSports77 said:

What do you think of John Carroll losing twice to Saint Frances in the regular season even with #10 in the country guard IQ? 

Calipari was there last night.  

St Frances is the better team. 

44 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

How do you think John Carroll vs SFA round 2 goes down? Does MSJ have it in the tank to leap those two? 

MSJ doesn’t have the guards to beat SFA or John Carroll. Their best guard is the freshman kid. 

41 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea I don’t follow the USA Today rankings too much, but the latest expert list I saw from them had DeMatha at #5 after manhandling #6 McEachern(GA), Gonzaga at #8 after beating #18 Mater Dei(CA) and PVI at #16 after beating #22 Oakridge(FL). I figured PVI would jump into the top 10 after handling Gonzaga the other night. I’m very interested to see the DM vs PVI match up. I think it’s going to come down to what PVI does with DM’s sophomore 7’ center Dickinson. He changes the entire game for opposing teams. 

That was round 2 last night.  Saint Frances has won both regular season match ups  (the first one in OT at JC).  That's why that game was so huge.  

1.  JC had a tip in to end regulation and it was waved off so they went to overtime where SF won.

2.  Immanuel Quickly had mono and didn't play

many folks thought that SF would not be able to win the rematch.  Quickly played last night but had an off night.  Saint Frances is too deep of a team.  Those two teams probably meet up again in the MIAA and BCL championship game.     I don't think MSJ can beat those teams right now.  Every game I've seen of them, Stix (Jalen Smith) and Bishop are about 80% of the scoring, and that's not enough.

3 minutes ago, DJGreg1200 said:

MSJ doesn’t have the guards to beat SFA or John Carroll. Their best guard is the freshman kid. 

What freshman guard kid?

5 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

That was round 2 last night.  Saint Frances has won both regular season match ups  (the first one in OT at JC).  That's why that game was so huge.  

1.  JC had a tip in to end regulation and it was waved off so they went to overtime where SF won.

many folks thought that SF would not be able to win the rematch.  Quickly played last night but had an off night.  Saint Frances is too deep of a team.  Those two teams probably meet up again in the MIAA and BCL championship game.     I don't think MSJ can beat those teams right now.  Every game I've seen of them, Stix (Jalen Smith) and Bishop are about 80% of the scoring, and that's not enough.

Gotcha. Just catching up on this week’s Baltimore games today. I watched the first game between SFA and JC. JC should of won. I thought they were the better team. That basket at the end of regulation was good. The guys from Capital Hoops have a good clip of it on Twitter. I guess SFA proved me wrong last night. Going to be tough to beat them for the 3rd time in the championship if that is how things end up. 

Edited by Silverbullet

3 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

I like Quickly's game a lot. Very high IQ, great handles and jump shot. My only question with him is, does he have the athletic ability to make it in the NBA? He isn't a high level athlete. 

9 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I like Quickly's game a lot. Very high IQ, great handles and jump shot. My only question with him is, does he have the athletic ability to make it in the NBA? He isn't a high level athlete. 

He will be drafted but I can't predict how he will fare during his career.  

13 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Gotcha. Just catching up on this week’s Baltimore games today. I watched the first game between SFA and JC. JC should of won. I thought they were the better team. That basket at the end of regulation was good. The guys from Capital Hoops have a good clip of it on Twitter. I guess SFA proved me wrong last night. Going to be tough to beat them for the 3rd time in the championship if that is how things end up. 

Yea everybody played that video.   It's very clear he got it off with .02 seconds left.   Still the bigger picture there is that Saint Frances was down by 10 points with a minute left and rallied back to tie the game to force OT.  Then, they started over at 0-0 for overtime and JC couldn't put them away.  

1 hour ago, BmoreSports77 said:

What freshman guard kid?

I don’t know his name but he wears #33