Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheGuru

2017-18 Baltimore Metro HS Basketball Thread

225 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

About that stride ūüėā

The guy needs to stick to talking about who is walking around at Gilman. He's out of his league. Literally.

16 hours ago, DJGreg1200 said:

I don’t know his name but he wears #33

I think that's Crawley.  I thought you were talking about Tyler Brelsford but he is a soph.

Either way Bishop and Stix are taking 90 percent of the shots right now and scoring 80 percent of their points.  They need to get the others involved.  Tim McDonald has waited patiently for his turn....give him the ball.

Lol. Aint nobody giving either of them the ball and neither are the point guards.

You got a 4 year varsity starter who is up for McDonald all American and Naismith POY consideration who is one the nation's  top rank and ain't nobody giving him anything or making anything easy for him. He puts in work every game on both ends as he should.

MSJ need those 2 to do what they do.

Get out more  to see more and you would know to say yeah they need others to step up and consistently help. This ain't no you get a participation trophy because Daddy thinks his son is the best. Clatchey having none of that even with no depth.

Edited by hoopsfan2016

3 hours ago, hoopsfan2016 said:

Lol. Aint nobody giving either of them the ball and neither are the point guards.

You got a 4 year varsity starter who is up for McDonald all American and Naismith POY consideration who is one the nation's  top rank and ain't nobody giving him anything or making anything easy for him. He puts in work every game on both ends as he should.

MSJ need those 2 to do what they do.

Get out more  to see more and you would know to say yeah they need others to step up and consistently help. This ain't no you get a participation trophy because Daddy thinks his son is the best. Clatchey having none of that even with no depth.

hey if it works for Clatchey.  I've caught 5 MSJ games this season.  Do you think they can make it to the BCL or MIAA championship this season with no depth and 2 players providing 90 percent of the offense?  This is not an argument, this is a legit ?

Quite sure that's not how Clatchey wants it. He always had a top guard. But you can't expect him to give the ball to the other guy while not  giving the ball to his experience  proven productive guy putting in work.  This season Clatchey has a recruiting issue not a give the ball just because issue.

If that guard play and other players steps up, they'll have a better chance. For all those two do,  they  just need 6 points more to steal it from the #1 team.  Clearly they haven proven they still in the mix with no depth. 

Edited by hoopsfan2016

17 minutes ago, hoopsfan2016 said:

If that guard play and other players steps up, they'll have a better chance. For all those two do,  they  just need 6 points more to steal it from the #1 team.  Clearly they haven proven they still in the mix with no depth. 

lets revisit this in March.   BL will be tough they have them this week I'll be there

MSJ has 3 losses. A loss early to #3 JC,  a lost to a top 25 nationally ranked team and a 5 point loss to the #1 SFA team (all 3 losses to nationslly ranked teams) and 15 wins (3 wins against  two teams a fully loaded JC has lost to since that early loss) with a team with no depth and you say let's see how they do agsinst BL? I wouldn't count MSJ out.

It's JC and SFA who will be battling for the MIAA and BCL championships.  Those are the 2 teams everybody need to focus on.

Edited by hoopsfan2016

On ‚Äé1‚Äé/‚Äé11‚Äé/‚Äé2018 at 0:27 PM, Silverbullet said:

What’s your top 5 in the Baltimore metro for basketball right now? Public and private included. 

Also if you follow the WCAC, who do have as your top 3? DeMatha and PVI are on a collision course between two national Top 10 teams. 

SB,

Gonzaga took down Dematha last night for the Stags 1st loss. Gonzaga playing pretty well without their best player Hubb who is out for the year with an injury. PVI, Dematha and Gonzaga all are pretty even with St. John's and O'Connell a little bit behind them.  Gilman took it on the chin against IAC Georgetown Prep last night. Do not believe any of the rumors they are applying for membership.

Need a Baltimore win against a top DC team soon.

4 hours ago, 58Colts said:

SB,

Gonzaga took down Dematha last night for the Stags 1st loss. Gonzaga playing pretty well without their best player Hubb who is out for the year with an injury. PVI, Dematha and Gonzaga all are pretty even with St. John's and O'Connell a little bit behind them.  Gilman took it on the chin against IAC Georgetown Prep last night. Do not believe any of the rumors they are applying for membership.

Need a Baltimore win against a top DC team soon.

Yea tough game to watch. GZ didn’t miss down the stretch. It’s sucks, but it’s life in the WCAC. DM has handled everyone they played in the national top 25 not named #1 Montverde(sp?) Academy. Gonzaga has an unreal HC in Turner. He shredded Jones last night. Good thing is, they’ll probably play two more times. I’m not being over dramatic, this is probably the best WCAC ever. What say you? 

Not Being Over Dramatic (OD)!!!!!  Geeeeeeeezzzzz, every time DeM losses it's "TOUGH" for you to watch, or it "SUCKS"  and it's "LIFE."  Of course you never fail to mention national top XXX rankings or someone NOT named XYZ.  OD is all YOU are CC-DC...  :P

18 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

Yea tough game to watch. GZ didn’t miss down the stretch. It’s sucks, but it’s life in the WCAC. DM has handled everyone they played in the national top 25 not named #1 Montverde(sp?) Academy. Gonzaga has an unreal HC in Turner. He shredded Jones last night. Good thing is, they’ll probably play two more times. I’m not being over dramatic, this is probably the best WCAC ever. What say you? 

SB hard to say if this is the best ever. Think I've seen too many games over the years going back to the Dantley days when Mackin and Carroll were still good and Joey G had St John's beating the top 2 teams in the country in Dunbar Baltimore and Eastern DC on 2 successive nights. Saw the Quinn Cook, Olaidipo,Grant brother teams along with the Bogans/Forte and Danny Ferry teams and they all had tough games every night in conference. It's got to be one of the best HS leagues in the country and has been as long as I can remember. 

I did see the Reggie Williams/Bogues Dunbar team (probably the best team I've seen) beat DeMatha but top to bottom hard to imagine a better league. Of course there are other fine schools and Academic institutions too who can really ball. (Wanted to get that disclaimer in there.) 

6 minutes ago, 58Colts said:

I did see the Reggie Williams/Bogues Dunbar team (probably the best team I've seen) 

Ooppppssss, there it is!!!  With David Winnergate did DBar go something like 60 - 0 over a couple seasons.....

Edited by DayWalker

Just now, DayWalker said:

Ooppppssss, there it is!!!

DW, 

It does have a 30 for 30 special on it. Let me know who the best team HS basketball team you ever saw was. It's just my opinion. They had 3 First round draft picks on the team. Mugsy was probably the most fun player to watch. at 5"3 dominated games. 

1983 Dunbar Poets --- The Orleans Gangstas #1 followed by the early 1990's Oak Hill of VA with Jerry Stackhouse.

Edited by DayWalker

6 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

1983 Dunbar Poets --- The Orleans Gangstas #1 followed by the early 1990's Oak Hill of VA with Jerry Stackhouse.

2006 Montrose Christian with Kevin Durant and Grevis Vasquez was pretty good too.

Durant played with too many schools for me.....  

Big win by St. Joe on Sunday defeating the nationally ranked Ranney School 71-48 at the Hoophall Classic in Springfield, Mass.

17 hours ago, 58Colts said:

SB hard to say if this is the best ever. Think I've seen too many games over the years going back to the Dantley days when Mackin and Carroll were still good and Joey G had St John's beating the top 2 teams in the country in Dunbar Baltimore and Eastern DC on 2 successive nights. Saw the Quinn Cook, Olaidipo,Grant brother teams along with the Bogans/Forte and Danny Ferry teams and they all had tough games every night in conference. It's got to be one of the best HS leagues in the country and has been as long as I can remember. 

I did see the Reggie Williams/Bogues Dunbar team (probably the best team I've seen) beat DeMatha but top to bottom hard to imagine a better league. Of course there are other fine schools and Academic institutions too who can really ball. (Wanted to get that disclaimer in there.) 

I’ve never seen the WCAC do this well against nationally ranked teams. DeMatha, PVI and Gonzaga have beat Huntington Prep(WV), McEachern(GA), Cox Mill(NC), Archbishop Molloy(NY), Imhotep Charter(PA), Mater Dei(CA), Oakridge(FL), Brentwood Academy(TN), Archbishop Wood(PA), etc...all of which have been in or are currently in the US Top 25.

That DM team with the Grant brothers, Oladipo, Cook, etc...is the most talented team I’ve ever seen. More than the Bogans/Forte/Collins/Edelin etc... squad.

I wasn’t alive for those Dunbar teams, but I’ve heard the stories. 

8 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I’ve never seen the WCAC do this well against nationally ranked teams. DeMatha, PVI and Gonzaga have beat Huntington Prep(WV), McEachern(GA), Cox Mill(NC), Archbishop Molloy(NY), Imhotep Charter(PA), Mater Dei(CA), Oakridge(FL), Brentwood Academy(TN), Archbishop Wood(PA), etc...all of which have been in or are currently in the US Top 25.

That DM team with the Grant brothers, Oladipo, Cook, etc...is the most talented team I’ve ever seen. More than the Bogans/Forte/Collins/Edelin etc... squad.

I can vouch for that Dunbar team as the best that I have ever seen. Always have been a DeMatha fan and impressed with their poise and talent (in particular during the Wooten years), but watched that 1983 Dunbar team make them look so ordinary and even intimidated (something that does not happen to any DeMatha team). They struggled to get the ball past half-court in that game. That Dunbar team was not only talented, but well disciplined, and a team in the true sense of the word - a rare combination.

6 hours ago, BMORE79 said:

Big win by St. Joe on Sunday defeating the nationally ranked Ranney School 71-48 at the Hoophall Classic in Springfield, Mass.

Big win....over nationally ranked Ranney...  Wasn't / Isn't MSJ itself ranked much higher than the NJ Ranney team?  And MSJ topped Ranney by 23.

Edited by DayWalker

6 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

everybody forgets josh selby on those teams with quinn, vic and the grant boys...or even naji hibbert for that matter..who would have thought it isn't josh who is about to be an nba allstar..from what i gather he is doing well in europe though..

Edited by dunkone

3 hours ago, dunkone said:

everybody forgets josh selby on those teams with quinn, vic and the grant boys...or even naji hibbert for that matter..who would have thought it isn't josh who is about to be an nba allstar..from what i gather he is doing well in europe though..

That whole group was an interesting story. Josh had all of the talent in the world. Maybe DM wasn’t the ideal fit for him, but I know everyone wished him the best after he left. Quinn won a national championship at Duke and clawed his way onto an NBA roster the hard way. Jerami left Syracuse early and has found his way in the NBA with OKC. Jerian had a great career at Notre Dame with one speed bump and has landed with the Chicago Bulls. And then there’s Oladipo...Everyone saw the athletic talent. The kid could jump out of the gym as a sophomore. I thought he’d be a defensive role player at Indiana. Not so much. He totally reinvented himself. His unbelievable work ethic paid off and things started to click. Next thing you knew he was the #2 pick to the Magic. This season with the Pacers he took things to the next level and is about to be an NBA All Star. 

Then there were a bunch of other great players like Hopkins(Georgetown), Robinson(Pitt), Anya(NC State), etc...To be honest, I thought BeeJay would of been the best pro with his wingspan. His weight was always an issue at N.C. State, but he still had flashes like the buzzer beater against LSU to get the Wolfpack into the sweet 16 in 2015. 

Again, most talent I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by Silverbullet

very talented...and yet nobody had more hype than kendall marshall at the time..LOL

13 hours ago, BMORE79 said:

What were they ranked? I've never heard of them. 

Ranney were in the top 25 with 2 top 10 players. Former Terp Tahj Holden is their coach.