Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PinkFlamingo

Unknown actress alleges she was sexually assaulted by Bush Sr

224 posts in this topic

Ok, touching her butt is obviously strictly out of line and deserving of a public rebuke.

However, have we really reached the snowflake level that a dirty joke is considered sexual assault? Does it work both ways? Women have told dirty jokes in my presence. I felt SO INTIMIDATED. I think I will call 1-800-lawyer....

7 minutes ago, Rael said:

Ok, touching her butt is obviously strictly out of line and deserving of a public rebuke.

However, have we really reached the snowflake level that a dirty joke is considered sexual assault? Does it work both ways? Women have told dirty jokes in my presence. I felt SO INTIMIDATED. I think I will call 1-800-lawyer....

I'd like to hear the joke, to see what she deems "dirty." The butt touching could've been an accident...he is in a wheelchair and at butt-level. But Barbara was right there next to him and I doubt if anything gets by her. This is nonsense. 

Never heard of the actress, and I doubt if this is going to get her any acting jobs. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I'd like to hear the joke, to see what she deems "dirty." The butt touching could've been an accident...he is in a wheelchair and at butt-level. But Barbara was right there next to him and I doubt if anything gets by her. This is nonsense. 

Never heard of the actress, and I doubt if this is going to get her any acting jobs. :rolleyes:

From the reports, it doesn't sound like the butt touching was accidental plus he did apologize for it so I assumed he was just trying to be funny. Well, I gather he did not succeed. 

4 minutes ago, Rael said:

From the reports, it doesn't sound like the butt touching was accidental plus he did apologize for it so I assumed he was just trying to be funny. Well, I gather he did not succeed. 

From the article: The former president’s spokesman Jim McGrath said in the statement, “President Bush would never — under any circumstance — intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologizes if his attempt at humor offended Ms. Lind."

He apologized for his "attempt at humor"...nothing about touching. 

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

From the article: The former president’s spokesman Jim McGrath said in the statement, “President Bush would never — under any circumstance — intentionally cause anyone distress, and he most sincerely apologizes if his attempt at humor offended Ms. Lind."

Ok, I misread it. In any event, it seems overblown. 

9 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

So she is just now recalling that four years ago, the former POTUS sexually assaulted her. M'kay.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/heather-lind-accuses-president-george-h-w-bush-sexual-assault-article-1.3586520

Any difference between her and the actresses recalling their abuse at the hands of Weinstein many years ago?

I know the accusations against Weinstein are far more serious, but the women coming out of the closets now are partly to blame allowing Weinstein to continue his abuse for years.

Edited by naive

Pretty pathetic.

With the Weinstein fall out, naming assaulters will be wide open which is a good thing.  But when it comes to accusing 90 some year old man who wouldn't remember if he even was there is getting a bit shaky.

But he did apologize so maybe there is some meat to the story (no pun) .  

2 minutes ago, naive said:

Any difference between her and the actresses recalling their abuse at the hands of Weinstein many years ago?

Yes. Lots. 

1 minute ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Yes. Lots. 

Nah, not really. None of those women spoke up, they simply let the monster continue his abuse.

Who knows, now every women who ever posed with Bush Sr. may open up about their abuse as well.

Please, Bush The Elder was in his nineties at the time of the incident. It's noteworthy that he even remembers what sex is.

13 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Well now he's apologizing for the touching.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-prez-george-h-w-bush-admits-patting-women-rear-article-1.3589015

"At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures. To try to put people at ease, the President routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women's rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely."

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

What is the best thing men can do to avoid exposure to risk in this environment?

1 hour ago, Bawlmerian said:

What is the best thing men can do to avoid exposure to risk in this environment?

Keep their hands to themselves unless you have an invitation?

Or treat women as you would want your Mother, wife or daughters treated.

Pretty easy:rolleyes: 

Edited by jonsensback

26 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Keep their hands to themselves unless you have an invitation?

Or treat women as you would want your Mother, wife or daughters treated.

Pretty easy:rolleyes: 

That does not stop accusations. 

1 minute ago, michiganjoe said:

His handlers should have put a stop to it long ago.  Well he should have known better.  But short of that his people/wife should have.

5 minutes ago, Bawlmerian said:

That does not stop accusations. 

So you are saying the violations are false?

Some of them or all of them?

16 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It's all part of this MeToo movement. We can thank Gloria Allred. 

And there is one woman who never has to worry about being sexually assaulted. No male in his right mind would ever want to even get close to such a repulsive excuse for a human female. :P

3 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Accused, confessed, apologized.

Move on.

Agreed. That a then 89 year old man in a wheelchair might pat a butt hardly qualifies as a "sexual assault" except to the "me too" crowd. Maybe that otherwise unknown actress felt this was her big break to get her name back in circulation. :(

Looks to be just another dirty old perv who likes to grab a little arse, every chance he can.

No worries, our President says it is ok to grab that kind of stuff.

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

So you are saying the violations are false?

Some of them or all of them?

Some for sure.  And all of this attention will do some positive (teach other men and women about boundaries and risks) and some negative (bring out lawyers and fake victims).  Rock stars and athletes are next.