Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tooldtocare

The Social Security tax that taxes SS benefits!!

13 posts in this topic

The Social Security tax that taxes SS benefits!!

I paid the SS tax & Medicare tax all of my working life and never expected what happened when I turned 67 and started receiving SS benefits.

I have to pay an income tax on my SS benefits !!!
This practice must STOP!!!

Taxing me on my SS tax benefits is a DOUBLE TAX!!!

We must get together and STOP this double tax !!

Do you agree ?
 

(:-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

 

You know what you know but you don't know what you should know

I paid $2,000 on SS taxs last year. That is a tax I paid "on" my SS benefits.

Edited by tooldtocare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rob said:

13 states tax ss benefits. Is the OP a Marylander? Federally some people are taxed on ss if they have other residual income, such as interest income, dividends, or self employment income. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

 

You know what you know but you don't know what you should know

I paid $2,000 on SS taxs last year. That is a tax I paid "on" my SS benefits.

Federal or state and what state do you reside in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alienrace said:

Tooldtopostinrightforum ;)

 

This is an old trick. Some folks here will accuse you of starting a thread in the wrong section hoping you will try someplace else leaving this discussion behind. Where ever you go they will repeat this practice until you give up and move on.

(:-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tooldtocare said:

 

This is an old trick. Some folks here will accuse you of starting a thread in the wrong section hoping you will try someplace else leaving this discussion behind. Where ever you go they will repeat this practice until you give up and move on.

(:-

Paranoia will destroy ya.

Sometimes it's just as simple as seeing a member constantly posting things that belong in other forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

I live in Texas

 

(:-

Ahhh.... no tax in MD. I suppose TEX does. That's ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2017 at 1:03 PM, bmore_ken said:

13 states tax ss benefits. Is the OP a Marylander? Federally some people are taxed on ss if they have other residual income, such as interest income, dividends, or self employment income. 

Or a spouse that works. Depending on the total income you could pay taxes on 80% of what you received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2017 at 4:48 PM, tooldtocare said:

I live in Texas

 

(:-

Texas doesn’t tax ss. If you paid tax on your benefits you must be getting additional income and taxed by the feds. Or as Steve said, have a working spouse.

Edited by bmore_ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Texas doesn’t tax ss. If you paid tax on your benefits you must be getting additional income and taxed by the feds. Or as Steve said, have a working spouse.

I don't pay tax on it in Pa. Its Fed that hits you. I can understand if they want to tax the employer part, but the part you pay they have kept all those years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0