Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tooldtocare

The Social Security tax that taxes SS benefits!!

45 posts in this topic

Actually, I didn’t start this thread to complain about taxing tips, I started this thread because I object to our government taxing social security benefits. I paid & continue to pay the social security tax out of my pay check even though I am 67 years old and receiving SS benefits.

I don’t believe my SS benefits should be taxed”. The small amount that I do receive is barely enough to survive and out of this tiny amount I pay back a SS tax. This is wrong and this double tax should be eliminated.

9 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

Actually, I didn’t start this thread to complain about taxing tips, I started this thread because I object to our government taxing social security benefits. I paid & continue to pay the social security tax out of my pay check even though I am 67 years old and receiving SS benefits.

I don’t believe my SS benefits should be taxed”. The small amount that I do receive is barely enough to survive and out of this tiny amount I pay back a SS tax. This is wrong and this double tax should be eliminated.

As a liberal and proponent of big government, you should be willing to pay more taxes on ss and everything else .....

5 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

As a liberal and proponent of big government, you should be willing to pay more taxes on ss and everything else .....

You'd think he would be more than happy to pay more for that exact reason.

12 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

I am not a "liberal"; and acknowledging that I don't know what a liberal is, nor do I advocate "big government" you must be talking to yourself about yourself & not me? 

If you are as confused as I think you are; I suggest you talking to a friend and sort this out. I am not the target of your post; you are; or so it seems

taxing a "retired" for the interest they earned on their Social Security Trust Fund"

Is a "double tax"

In my view (:-

the big delima~~~~~ This is an "American" thing

3 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

I am not a "liberal"; and acknowledging that I don't know what a liberal is, nor do I advocate "big government" you must be talking to yourself about yourself & not me? 

If you are as confused as I think you are; I suggest you talking to a friend and sort this out. I am not the target of your post; you are; or so it seems

Lol....

Looks like you dropped something on your keyboard again .....

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Lol....

Looks like you dropped something on your keyboard again .....

Yes I did. How did you know that?

Edited by tooldtocare

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

taxing the "retired" for the interest they earned on their Social Security Trust Fund"

Is a "double tax"

In my view (:-

Returning to the topic

Edited by tooldtocare

2 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

Returning to the topic

It's taxed when you earn it, it's taxed when you save it, it's taxed when you borrow it, it's taxed when you spend it. An unpleasant fact of life.

"Death and taxes;"  remember?

The only thing to buy on credit is your casket. :)

21 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

Returning to the topic

Guess you better talk to Congress.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, tooldtocare said:

Render unto Caesar, take a tax course, and contact whoever represents you in Congress unless you're just venting to hear yourself vent. 

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

Render unto Caesar, take a tax course, and contact whoever represents you in Congress unless you're just venting to hear yourself vent. 

When you start receiving SS tax benefits and paying a tax on those benefits you will remember this conversation

Just now, tooldtocare said:

When you start receiving SS tax benefits and paying a tax on those benefits you will remember this conversation

If I have complaints or questions when I do, I'll contact the IRS and write to my reps about changing the tax code. 

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/taxes.html

1 hour ago, tooldtocare said:

So you agree taxes are too high and support the president' s efforts to lower them.....

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

So you agree taxes are too high and support the president' s efforts to lower them.....

trump has already permanently lowered his and his friends taxes while giving us lower folks a one (1) year tax break. We get crumbs & he gets the cake.

So, no I do not agree.

Edited by tooldtocare

52 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

trump has already permanently lowered his and his friends taxes while giving us lower folks a one (1) year tax break. We get crumbs & he gets the cake.

So, no I do not agree.

Lol....

Everyone should pay more taxes but you ......

1 minute ago, Eastside Terp said:

Lol....

Everyone should pay more taxes but you ......

Hopefully you will get to the age of 67 and get taxed on your meager SS funds to live on and then you will remember this discussion with a new point of view.

19 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

Hopefully you will get to the age of 67 and get taxed on your meager SS funds to live on and then you will remember this discussion with a new point of view.

Not my fault you didn't better prepare for your future ...